1 1
billvon

"Freedom convoy" bails

That "freedom convoy" of trucks from California looks like it's sort of falling apart.  From a news release:

==============

In what was meant to be similar to the trucker protests in Ottawa, Canada, several groups organized convoys to drive to Washington, D.C., to protest pandemic restrictions and fuel prices, among other things. The convoys are expected to be in D.C. on March 5.

However, as of Sunday, one of the groups has pulled out of the trek—Freedom Convoy USA 2022—due to a lack of participants.

The group announced their removal from the cross-country mission to D.C. on Sunday morning via Facebook: "The launch in California had a good turn out of supporters, but only 5 trucks were with us on arrival in Vegas."

==============

Not sure where they started in CA, but LA to Vegas is about 5 hours.  So it's not like they grew weary and thought they weren't going to make it.  I have a feeling it has more to do with looking back at their two-mile-long convoy of trucks protesting the injustice of masks and vaccinations, then hearing about the 40 mile long convoy of tanks pouring into Ukraine to destroy their country and kill the people in their military.  And realizing that their truck convoy sounds sort of whiny in comparison.

• Like 1

I thought there was another thread about these idiots, but I can't seem to find it.

There's a bunch of them camped out near DC.

Because they are idiots who refuse to obey the rules, they have some problems.
Some of the 'convoyeurs' have dogs. They let the dogs run loose. The dogs pee on things...

Like the food supply.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-peoples-convoy-cant-stop-their-own-dogs-from-peeing-on-their-food

4 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I thought there was another thread about these idiots, but I can't seem to find it.

There's a bunch of them camped out near DC.

Because they are idiots who refuse to obey the rules, they have some problems.
Some of the 'convoyeurs' have dogs. They let the dogs run loose. The dogs pee on things...

Like the food supply.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-peoples-convoy-cant-stop-their-own-dogs-from-peeing-on-their-food

I have no problem with that;

Now if they were peeing on my rug, that would be different!