Tomadams1

Skydiver in need!! Help please

Hi, my name is tom and I'm a student from the United Kingdom, I have been working in America for the summer at camp America, I am travelling to Fort Lauderdale on the 1st of September and need to get up to skydive Sebastian, I had my wallet stolen last night, all my money, bank cards, ID etc was in there, I was wondering if anyone can help, is anyone travelling that way?
Thankyou in advance for your time and help
Tom

Tom,

You registered in January.
You have absolutely nothing in your profile to indicate you are a skydiver.
Your first post is a plea for help about losing everything...
But, you're able to to get to Ft. Lauderdale.
And, you think we're going to buy off on your not being able to get any of your wallet items in the next 2.5 weeks?

You have any idea how many scams have been on here?
And how many skydivers on here have pledged, helped, voted, given rides, etc.
Here's the thing... your plea sounds like bullshit so much that my screen smells.

Now, in the off chance your legit... Here's my help:

There's a British Consulate in Miami.
Address: 1001 Brickell Bay Dr, Miami, FL 33131
Phone:(305) 400-6400
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hi all, I want to just ensure everyone I am a skydiver, the reason I have nothing on my profile is I never have had to use dropzone before and was recommended to put it on here by a friend, the tickets to Fort Lauderdale were prebooked so that is how I could afford them, this is not a scam or a hoax, this is a serious thread and I'm just a bit shocked with the reaponse, the dick comment I made I apologise for, I just wasn't expecting a comment like that when I wrote a post like that, I understand that you get a lot of scams, my main purpose was to find help on what to do, I have never been in this situation before and that's why I wanted help
Once again I'm sorry if I have offended anybody from my post or comment

Given that September 1st is a Tuesday and not a weekend, I think you're going to have a tougher time finding a ride. Do you have anyone back home who can send you some money? What was your original plan for getting from Ft. Lauderdale to Sebastian?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was going to try and find a greyhound coach but wasn't sure about how often they run/where they run from, on the money front I'm trying to get a new card sent out to me so I can be transfered money from my parents, is there a good website to look at coach times? And can I pay on the day or do I need to book in advance? On the note of skydive Sebastian, does anyone know if there is a store near there because I will need to buy a tent, once again Thankyou everyone

I did a quick Google search for you. It seems the bus gets nearby, but not all the way to Sebastian. People in this forum recommended calling the Chamber of Commerce for a driver. There was also the name of a driver mentioned there.

Are you on Facebook? Maybe you'd get a more immediate response by posting to their page on there. They would be able to answer your questions about finding a tent too and maybe someone would offer you a ride to Wal-Mart.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Man that was harsh. Dude asked for a ride not money. you jumped the gun a bit I think you owe him the apology not the other way around.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Here's the problem with being a few days late.

You have to read the entire thread.

Since my first post... of which a couple agreed with me; he's filled out his profile, explained more in-depth and
gotten loads of advice since.

Nothing to tweak here. You're free to move along.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.