4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

17 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Russia is having it's butt kicked again because it is a POS country that doesn't even deserve to exist as a federation outside of the Moscow area. It is populated by corrupt elites and drunken peasants. Hitler would have controlled it if it wasn't for the west bailing Stalin out because we wanted a third front. ... 

Back during World War 2, WALLIED leaders like Churchill and Roosevelt (sp?) decided that it was less expensive to supply weapons to the USSR - and have millions of Soviet soldiers die on the Eastern Front - than to have American and British Commonwealth soldiers die on the Western Front. Germany had about 200 divisions on their Eastern Front, but only 26 divisions on their Western (French Front.

During onen mid-war conference, Churchill commented to Stalin about the high casualties among Russian soldiers and Stalin poo-pooed his comment with "It was much worse during the 1930s purges."

Bottom line, Russia has always been willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of soldiers to achieve political objectives.

Sad.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 5:43 PM, Slim King said:

Russia invaded, decided what they wanted to defend, and moved to those areas.  Do you honestly think Ukraine is winning in Bakhmut? You'd have to be brainwashed to believe that. They lost Mariupol and now Bakhmut ... They are losing.  Around 7 Ukrainians die for every Wagner professional killer. Both sides say the same thing but L@@K at the map. Ukraine is losing ground and soldiers every day. Ukrainian kids die every night as the Russian Air Force bombs them. There are no losses from this amongst the Russians. It's totally one sided and that's why they are losing. I feel so bad for these innocent boys .. Reminds me of Viet Nam and how they lied to us then.....

That Leopard 2 was wrecked during a driving accident on a range well west of the fighting front.

1 minute ago, riggerrob said:

Bottom line, Russia has always been willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of soldiers to achieve political objectives.

Sad.

This pretty much describes the thinking from the leadership of all sides during WW1.

• Like 1

(edited)

Ok I have to break up the hate-fest here. i challenge anyone to call Alexei Navalny a coward. He is probably the bravest man alive today. What about the female Russian RTV presenter that showed the cardboard sign on live news. That the war was all a lie.

A million Russians have left everything they know and have to escape Putin. Weekly someone is sentenced to long prison terms for challenging Putin's laws.

Look at the couple posters here that have their heads so far up Putin's ass. That they can see Putin's tonsils vibrate. Yet they are supposed to be Americans.

Like how the CCP controls the Chinese population. Russians have been controlled by FSB messaging. Hell FOX viewers at least have an open choice. Then consider what FOX has achieved.

Edited by Phil1111

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Ok I have to break up the hate-fest here. i challenge anyone to call Alexei Navalny a coward. He is probably the bravest man alive today. What about the female Russian RTV presenter that showed the cardboard sign on live news. That the war was all a lie.

I stand corrected. Most Russians are cowards, a few are brave and stupid. The ones who are neither have already left the country or are attempting to.

24 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I stand corrected. Most Russians are cowards, a few are brave and stupid. The ones who are neither have already left the country or are attempting to.

I really think it's too much to broad brush an entire people as anything. I think that's especially true when calling any group cowards. For example, I am certain my old man would have thought most blacks were cowards until he watched the Red Tails form off his bomber and go through the flack instead of skedaddling like all of the white fighter pilots did. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I really think it's too much to broad brush an entire people as anything. I think that's especially true when calling any group cowards.

But....not only are they cowards they are also unmotivated lazy drunkards as well. When they do manage to run over an undefended town they immediately go to the local hospital and murder babies. Just like the Iraqis did in Kuwait. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

That is if you live long enough to get paid.

Recruiter: "Oh that $627 a week?  That's only for our special "front line shield troops" who are the bravest of the brave.  If you want to work as a, say, tank driver that's only $400 a week, and if you want to work as a radar operator that's $200 a week.

"So I'd advise you to go for the special shield troops.  We have a lot of openings there for some reason.  Oh, and a weapon is extra, or we can just deduct $300 a week from your pay until you pay us back for it.  Or you can bring your own!"

• Like 1

There is no natural or even cultural clear border between Ukraine and the Russian criminal state. The pre-war boundary is not  defensible. Russia will have to give up some of its pre war territory when it is ready for peace and the new reality of NATO being on its border. Maybe a DMZ will be needed to keep Ukrainians from revenge raids. 

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

There is no natural or even cultural clear border between Ukraine and the Russian criminal state. The pre-war boundary is not  defensible. Russia will have to give up some of its pre war territory when it is ready for peace and the new reality of NATO being on its border. Maybe a DMZ will be needed to keep Ukrainians from revenge raids. 

Yep.  Russia is in a VERY bad spot right now.  Russia started this war to grab more territory and try to prevent NATO from expanding.  

Now not only are they going to LOSE territory, their war has inspired Finland (Russia's largest border country to the west) to join NATO, and Sweden will be close behind.

There is no way this ends well for Russia.  Putin has a few choices left, but they all go from bad to worse.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:52 AM, gowlerk said:

But....not only are they cowards they are also unmotivated lazy drunkards as well. When they do manage to run over an undefended town they immediately go to the local hospital and murder babies. Just like the Iraqis did in Kuwait. 

Alcoholism has significantly reduced the life-expectancy of Russian men.

5 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Alcoholism has significantly reduced the life-expectancy of Russian men.

Ever since 1920, Russia/USSR has suffered a series of waves of low birthrates. A Russian boy born in 1920 USSR only a 20 percent chance of surviving World War 2/Great Patriotic War. He would need to survive a series of deadly waves of extermination during the Russian Revolution, various civil wars, WW2, etc.

One of the reasons that Mr. Poutine launched the current invasion of Ukraine is that he feared if he waited a few more years, he would not have enough cannon-fodder .... er military age men ... to complete the invasion.

How well is that working out?

Alcoholism has significantly reduced the life-expectancy of Russian men. We wonder how much "brewers' droop" has dragged down Russian birth rates??????????

It hardly matters what happens to Ukraine, Russia has lost.  It is in a demographic death spiral from which it can not recover and the war in Ukraine has only expedited its demise. The mass exodus of young talent to avoid the draft and the hundred thousand plus casualties from Putin’s misadventure has destined Russia to become a minor East European state or a vassal of China.

4 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Alcoholism has significantly reduced the life-expectancy of Russian men. We wonder how much "brewers' droop" has dragged down Russian birth rates?

Doctor Parkinson declared "I'm not surprised to see you here
You've got smoker's cough from smoking
Brewer's droop from drinking beer!
I don't know how you came to get those Betty Davis knees
But, worst of all, young man, you've got Industrial Disease!"

He wrote me a prescription - he said "You are depressed.
I'm glad you came to see me to get this off your chest.
Come back and see me later, next patient please
Send in another victim of Industrial Disease!"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Unfortunately Ukraine soldiers are not fighting the average drunken Russian. They are being "Grindered' by Wagner, possibly at this point in time the most vicious and experienced band of Nazis in Europe.

Yes, the Wagner Group (a Neo-Nazi group) is indeed vicious.  Sad that you support them.

https://chvk-wagner.com/neo-nazi-wagner-mercenary/

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

The US is sacrificing 3-5 times as many to gunfire. Why do you hate US children?

Wendy P. 

Even more Americans are killed by fentanyl pouring through our open southern border, why do you support a president who is complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans?

(edited)
8 hours ago, Slim King said:

It's really sick what our leaders are doing to that country. I have NEVER supported Wagner. Please show me where I did. I hate war on every side.

So you agree it would be a good thing if Russia retreated to their own borders? If they stopped deploying Wagner troops to fight in Bakhmut? If they left Ukraine to the Ukrainians?

This should be a really easy question for you to answer and I’m mystified as to why you’re unable to do so.

Edited by jakee