4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

7 minutes ago, okalb said:

Hahahahaha....I don't think having Elon Musk support your position means what you think it means.

I don't think you get it. Elon has money, therefore he's smart (money being the universal determinant of human value). But if you're a liberal and you have money, it's because you're a lying, cheating moron who inherited it or stole it somehow. You just have to understand the hierarchy:

Perceived belief set

Money

Social group

everything else

Note that these are all malleable in the right hands, so that the definitions can be adjusted as need be for modern events.

Lewis Carroll, meet George Orwell.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, okalb said:

Hahahahaha....I don't think having Elon Musk support your position means what you think it means.

When a person's opinions and beliefs are formed by what people with money tell them. Murdock, trump, and Musk tell them what to think.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, wmw999 said:

Not to mention, that was then, this is now. Just like it’s perfectly reasonable to long for the old days of the courtly South  

Wendy P. 

Hey hey. Don't be pickin' on the South. We have guns, gators, swamps to hide bodies in, dynamite, BBQ, fried chicken, $3 gas and stuff. Yes, there are still areas of the South that are great places to live

We don't want any more northerners immigrating and saying, "well, that's how we did it back home" at our town meetings. Especially fishermen from Ohio. For those that haven't seen it the fun starts at 14:20.

Reference post # 1603.

Few nations publish accurate casualty lists during wartime. They prefer to leave bad guys guessing as to casualties.

As for accusing the Azov Battalion of being nazis ... yes, the battalion was founded by hard-right politicians back around 2014, but since then, the Azov Battalion has been absorbed by the generic Ukrainian Army and its most fanatical leaders have moved on to elected positions in the Ukrainian Parliament.

As for the Azov Battalion using Nordic Runes an swastikas and other nazi regalia ... May we remind you that Nordic Runes were a popular alphabet when Norsemen took over ruling Kievian-Russ more than a thousand years ago? Both Russia and Ukraine claim Kievian-Russ as the foundation of both their countries. Various swastikas were fashionable in the Baltic, Bhuddist and Sioux cultures hundreds or thousands of years before Adolf Hitler perverted them for his own dastardly ambitions.

Finally, dear Slim Jim, most of us are tired of you parroting Mr. Poutine's propaganda. I tend to read 6 or 8 different news sources (Al Jazeera, CBC, BBC, Epoch Times, Globe and Mail, Paris Match, PBS, National Post, Manchester Guardian, der Spiegel, Vancouver Province, etc.) every week and most of them disagree with Mr. Poutine's line.

• Like 2

(edited)

The title of Hero of the Russian Federation has been awarded to Colonel Alexei Katerinichev. Killed by a HIMARS rocket just before he was to give a speech.

This FSB buddy of Putin got too close to the front lines.But when the FSB has to push the unwilling. Bad things happen.

spacer.png

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

What's good for the goose...

Czech Petition on Annexing Kaliningrad From Russia Signed by Thousands

For those not familiar with the situation, Kaliningrad is an exclave of Russia, i.e. a part of Russia that is separated from the main part of Russia by Lithuania, Belarus, and Latvia.

I think it would be interesting to see someone launch a military operation to seize it.

At this point in time, if it was a Boy Scout troop doing the invasion, I'd give them even odds against the Russian army.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I think it would be interesting to see someone launch a military operation to seize it.

At this point in time, if it was a Boy Scout troop doing the invasion, I'd give them even odds against the Russian army.

Lithuania or Poland actually have borders with it, so it would be easiest for them.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Makes one wonder if that was a coincidence, or if the Ukrainians knew he was going to be there.

Hehe you said ‘if’;)

Given that the Russians have always (AFAIK) been quite good at spying, espionage, infiltration etc both home and abroad it’s incredible how bad they’ve been at securing their own plans and communications. On some occasions even tech savvy civilians have been able to listen to their phone calls, let alone what Ukrainian and western agencies have been capable of. You get the impression their tactics and movements have been as transparent as a freshly cleaned window.

The one major failing of the west would be not realising the invasion was going to happen. But I think even that was a political failure rather than an intelligence failure, with higher ups not wanting to believe what the analysts were telling them.

8 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Musk wants PEACE... An end to war. But the warmongers hate the idea. Trump wants PEACE ... An end to the war, but the Warmongers want more death.

If you teach Putin that he can invade a country and we will give him everything he wants from that invasion for the sake of peace, how will that lead to less war?

14 minutes ago, Slim King said:

How can he tell, right? How can he possibly tell? I could walk around any city in my own country at peace and I couldn't possibly hazard a guess from that of what the local authority budget is, how much money they're raising from local taxes vs central government funding and how much of that money is being spent on which departments. How could I possibly do that? But he can walk around a totally foreign country in the middle of a war and tell you for sure that no aid money is being spent? That's just batshit crazy radical right wing propaganda.

32 minutes ago, jakee said:

If you teach Putin that he can invade a country and we will give him everything he wants from that invasion for the sake of peace, how will that lead to less war?

Once Putin rules the world (or at least Asia) then there will be less war there and Slim will be very happy.

• Like 1

Just now, Slim King said:

Why lie?... Putin is scamming just as much on the other end. I'll be happy when the nazi's are all in prison.. How about you?

The problem is you want to be the one defining who Nazis are. Do you include the Russian Wagner Group soldiers as cavalierly as you include the entire Ukrainian army?

Wendy P.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Eventually the war will be ended. Neither country will win and they will have taken Trillions of dollars from your taxes just like in Afghanistan and Iraq. It's all a scam from both sides. I saw it in Viet Nam and I'm seeing it again. Learn from the past. Musk says "Let the People in the area vote on it under UN control" .. Why is that so offensive to you?

Your offensive question is so lacking in basis it doesn't even deserve and answer, but fuck it - I actually wouldn't mind working through all my thoughts on this. 

The first objection is functionally irrelevant but a very important principle - after 6 months of Russian military occupation there can be no such thing as a fair election even if it was genuinely free. The Russian occupiers have spent 6 months torturing, killing, imprisoning, deporting and otherwise disappearing known pro-Ukrainian citizens. Many more have fled the region to get away from the Russian occupiers and/or the front line. It is simply not legitimate to remove everyone who opposes you then claim to be justified because most of the people who remain support you. Imagine the FBI came to your state and convicted every registered Republican voter on trumped up felony charges, making them ineligible to vote. Would the crushing Democrat victory in the next election be a free and fair result?

Now, the reason why that whole line of thought is irrelevant is because it will simply never happen. First, what does 'under UN control' mean? The occupied regions are not under UN control, they are under Russian military control. If you send in UN election observors, people are still voting in a Russian organised ballot guarded by Russian soldiers so it wouldn't be a free vote. If you contract the UN to run the whole election (which isn't a thing they do) people are still voting in an area controlled by Russian soldiers, and could be questioned outside the polling booth about their voting by Russian soldiers at any time in any place so it wouldn't be a free vote. If you bring in enough UN peacekeeping troops to replace the Russian forces and literally have UN control over the entire regions... well Elon Musk will have us all living on fucking Mars before he convinces Putin to let that happen.

Which brings us to the third point - whether or not I find it is offensive is also entirely irrelevant because Putin himself finds it offensive. Putin has held the 'vote' he wants to hold. A rigged, forced vote. The same type of vote (just with less of a smokescreen) that he 'wins' in Russia in order to stay in power. He is not the head of a democratic country, he is a dictator with absolute power inside his own realm and that is what he wants for Ukraine. Any thought of a fair vote for the occupied territories is an ignorant, delusional fantasy.

So tldr, the reason I disagree with Musk's suggestion is because I do not live in a world that is governed by the Disney movie version of Geopolitics and I have no interest in spreading pro-Putin propaganda. Unlike you, I have no desire to simply parrot the statements of the global elite or march with the brainwashed legions in servitude to the rich and powerful.

(That's actually really unfair to Disney, they're capable of much more nuance and insight than that. I just thought it was a good line.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The problem is you want to be the one defining who Nazis are. Do you include the Russian Wagner Group soldiers as cavalierly as you include the entire Ukrainian army?

Woah woah woah there!  The Russians are NOT Nazis.  It's just a few bad apples!  A red herring!  The exception proves the rule!  It's an anomaly!  

Now the Ukrainians - I have a picture of one soldier - allegedly Ukrainian - that shows a swastika so they are all Nazis.

That's just simple logic!

26 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The AID money is NOT going to the people. (How much is being laundered between which departments?) That would be easy to see. Food and water distribution. Housing. Basic stuff a nation needs to survive. 

How do you know? How do you know how much it would cost to provide everything that is needed to a high standard? How do you know how much money they already have to do that? How do you know how much they have been given to do that? How do you know how much they are spending on that? How?

31 minutes ago, Slim King said:

One of the reasons these people like the Russians so mush is that they are actually giving relief food when Zelenski wouldn't. 

You sad, despicable puppet. 

Others here still seem lost in their trauma, like 66-year-old Nadia. She was alone on the streets, walking slowly, as if she could not recognise her surroundings.

"I hope for the best," she said "and that they [the Russians] won't come back here. It was very bad. Both sides were firing. We didn't understand anything. When it was quiet, we went outside to cook. Then it started again. We have all gone mad now."

And she had a question for us. 

"Why am I being bombarded?" she beseeched us. "I didn't do anything bad. I didn't kill. I didn't steal. I don't understand why. Maybe you can tell me. We lived well, everything was good, we worked. And in one moment it was turned upside down."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63130571

Please explain how the USA is monitoring the money they stole from me to give to Zelenski ... I'll wait because the US government says we can't ....

Your money wasn't stolen and it wasn't given to Zelenskiy. And of course they can't track munitions given to the Ukrainian Army. They were given to Ukraine and the dispersal and usage of them is up to the Ukrainian Army. The US can't track them because they are not in Ukraine using them.

This woman has bigger balls than 99% of the male Russian population put together.

Russian anti-war journalist escapes house arrest

“I consider myself completely innocent, and since our state refuses to comply with its own laws, I refuse to comply with the measure of restraint imposed on me as of 30 September 2022 and release myself from it,” 

“Put a tag like this on Putin,” Ovsyannikova added, pointing to what appeared to be an electronic ankle tag. “It should be him, not me, who has to be isolated from society and prosecuted for committing genocide in Ukraine.”

International observers (e.g. retired American President Jimmy Carter) often monitor elections to confirm their honesty. I will only believe that Mr. Poutine's "elections" in Donyetsk and Luhansk are legitimate when some retired politicians (from neutral nations) declare that the election was free and fair.