4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

44 minutes ago, jakee said:

spacer.png

The map above is just incredible, especially since most of the gains happened on Saturday alone.  I want to be cautiously optimistic and think the Russians will regroup and mount a much sterner defence at some point... but supposedly Izyum was supposed to be a city they'd spent months fortifying. A place they wanted to be a stronghold against any Ukrainian counterattack but they simply ran away because they'd sent their reinforcements south to the Dnieper. 

The Death Of Stalin was mentioned earlier, I'm starting to think the scenes in the Kremlin now could be more reminiscent of Downfall.

That's funny. I just pulled that for a watch. https://www.amazon.com/Downfall-Bruno-Ganz/dp/B07TJ26FVJ

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

Most upbeat article I've read so far.

Forbes: The Russian Army Is Losing A Battalion Every Day As Ukrainian Counterattacks Accelerate

Worse still, captures account for half the Russian vehicle losses. The Ukrainian army in just the last week and a half has seized enough Russian tanks, fighting vehicles and artillery to equip an entire brigade. In other words, the Ukrainian army actually has more vehicles now than it did before launching its counteroffensives.

Well, Russian museums are full of T-55s & T-34s.
Retirement homes are full of veterans who know (or at least knew) how to operate them.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, Russian museums are full of T-55s & T-34s.
Retirement homes are full of veterans who know (or at least knew) how to operate them.

I thought all the museums were already looted by Putin's buddies. Certainly all the Faberge was sold about a decade ago. Are you sure the tanks aren't the wooden mockups because that oligarch buddy needed steel for the Kerch bridge contract?

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

I thought all the museums were already looted by Putin's buddies. Certainly all the Faberge was sold about a decade ago. Are you sure the tanks aren't the wooden mockups because that oligarch buddy needed steel for the Kerch bridge contract?

I'm amazed that bridge is still standing at this point.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

While the tanks are quality steel, overall they aren't all that valuable. 

26 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Here ya go:

Aside from a couple spelling mistakes, that was AWESOME!!!

spacer.png

President Putin explains hospital BASE jumping to MBS at the G-20

"Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) has warned US President Joe Biden that if Washington will align with nations that only demonstrate the US ideals, then it "will only have NATO states to cooperate with",...Bin Salman said that the idea of coercion or "using force" to impose ideals of one country's principles on another state is "futile, as proven by the United States' failures in Iraq and Afghanistan... Putin and Saudi Arabia's Bin Salman signed a strategic military cooperation agreement last year to bolster the defense partnership between the two countries. "

While at the same time he praised President Putin.

In other news in the last week Russia has become the largest supplier to Ukraine of lightly used armor. President Zelensky challenged the west to increase weapons shipments to equal Russia's. Praising Russia  for its speedy deliveries to the places needed on the battlefront. In addition he said that unlike western armor. The Russian tanks and self propelled guns came fully armed and ready for instant deployment.

Russia is now rushing to push through a (ahem) referendum in the four Ukrainian regions it fully or partly controls about whether they want to become part of Russia. Spoiler alert: the results will say they will.

On one hand, no one in the world will take it seriously - even Turkey have said it’s a sham. On the other hand there’s going to be a plan. Maybe they’ll try and conscript their new eligible ‘citizens’ though that seems like a bad idea. The worrying thing is what they could try and justify once ‘Russia’ is under attack. 

• Like 1

Just another Putin lie:

"Russian officials said the call-up would be limited to people with combat experience. But Yanina Nimayeva, a journalist from the Buryatia region of Siberia, wrote on Thursday that her husband — a father of five and an employee in the emergency department in the regional capital — had been called up despite never having served in the military. She said he had received a summons to an urgent meeting at 4 a.m. in which it was announced that a train had been organized to bring reservists to the city of Chita.

“My husband is 38 years old, he is not in the reserve, he did not serve,”

Be it China, Iran or Russia the party and the state are increasingly acting w/o regard to any persons rights.

15 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Probably getting to the point that you can knock off some official you don't like, and people will think Putin was behind it. 

In the occupied territories of Donyetsk and Luhansk, Ukrainian partisans have been shooting at puppet mayors - appointed by Russia - and blowing up their cars.