4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

6 minutes ago, normiss said:

It's disturbing and painful to realize we have that many Americans who are willing to forcibly place an authoritarian criminal traitor in the White House.

Most people can see how Russia slipped into that form of government under Putin. It takes effort to keep those forces at bay so they don't have to shed the blood of patriots like Ukraine is doing today.

The power of misinformation is evident in the likes of Slim and how intrinsic such values are in him, in MAGA republicans.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, normiss said:

It's disturbing and painful to realize we have that many Americans who are willing to forcibly place an authoritarian criminal traitor in the White House.

And just as bad, we have many Americans who are incapable of recognizing a deranged moron, even when he is standing at a podium, babbling like an idiot.

I clashed with a couple narcissist/psychopath conmen in the past, but both were probably above average in intelligence, which helped them in their scams. I never imagined a complete moron could be successful at it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winsor said:

Which one in particular?

Normiss can speak for himself and may well correct me, but I'm assuming he was referring to the twice-impeached, 4x-indicted con-man.  Not the current President and recipient of unsubstantiated accusations.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Most people can see how Russia slipped into that form of government under Putin. It takes effort to keep those forces at bay so they don't have to shed the blood of patriots like Ukraine is doing today.

That's not exactly right. Russia has had precisely one legitimate election result ever, which was Yeltsin's first. Even Yeltsin's re-election was heavily stage managed at best, and by the time he installed Putin as his handpicked successor Russian democracy was dead and buried. What Putin has done is become more and more confortable with dropping the pretense.

42 minutes ago, jakee said:

That's not exactly right. Russia has had precisely one legitimate election result ever, which was Yeltsin's first. Even Yeltsin's re-election was heavily stage managed at best, and by the time he installed Putin as his handpicked successor Russian democracy was dead and buried. What Putin has done is become more and more confortable with dropping the pretense.

Agree. I was thinking more along the lines of his brutal authoritarianism than backsliding from open democracy. IMO the real danger of trump is his openness to move in both authoritarianism and eliminating democracy. Obviously both being acceptable to his base.

Meanwhile Ukraine is moving to transparent democracy.

20 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

No, both sides are not the same. Thinking it is is not only intellectually lazy and dishonest, but just plain partisan hackery.

I suppose you're right.

One side of the aisle gets to wave the banner saying "We suck less!"

All things being equal, I need to be reminded which one that is.

30 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I'm liking this:  A flagship Russian long-range bomber has been destroyed in a Ukrainian drone strike

Ukrainian drone destroys Russian supersonic bomber - BBC News

Taking it to the Russkies is just fine with me.

Hey, Putin; how about them apples?

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

As noted in the article, this is a plane from the same group that's been launching missiles at civilian targets in Ukraine.

I've read elsewhere that the remaining planes from that base have been relocated way up north, to the Kola Peninsula. 

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2023/08/russia-relocates-tu-22m3-bombers-kola-peninsula-after-drone-attack

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Jerry,

As noted in the article, this is a plane from the same group that's been launching missiles at civilian targets in Ukraine.

I've read elsewhere that the remaining planes from that base have been relocated way up north, to the Kola Peninsula. 

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2023/08/russia-relocates-tu-22m3-bombers-kola-peninsula-after-drone-attack

Likely one of the few places left in Russia that might be safe as the attacking drone was a "copter-type UAV". So the attack was launched close to the base.

Perhaps some nuclear powered subs should be next up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Likely one of the few places left in Russia that might be safe as the attacking drone was a "copter-type UAV". So the attack was launched close to the base.

Perhaps some nuclear powered subs should be next up.

Interesting that Russia uses the term "terrorist" when Ukraine defends itself against a terrorist war from Russia.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

Putin says he's killing the NAZIS...

Yep, he is indeed saying that.  He's defined Ukraine as "Nazi" thus justifying any and all atrocities against the Ukrainian people.  He's even teaching schoolkids that Ukranians are Nazis to get the next generation of troops ready, since this war will likely go on for decades.

He's fooled a lot of gullible people with that line.  Sounds like he's fooled you as well.

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep, he is indeed saying that.  He's defined Ukraine as "Nazi" thus justifying any and all atrocities against the Ukrainian people.  He's even teaching schoolkids that Ukranians are Nazis to get the next generation of troops ready, since this war will likely go on for decades.

He's fooled a lot of gullible people with that line.  Sounds like he's fooled you as well.

Puting denounces Ukraine for being "Nazi", then proceeds replicate everything the Nazi's did in WWII.

• Like 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I believe the reports of the shelling and murder of the innocent Ukrainians... The Ukrainian army began shelling their villages and killed 14,000 of their own people.

Why do you believe that? Where does your information come from?

Approximately 14,000 people in total died in the Donbas since Russia invaded in 2014 until they launched their wider invasion of Ukraine last year. That’s the military on both sides (by far the majority of the casualties) and all civilians killed, regardless of by whom. So what are you talking about?

Now, what about Russia shelling Mariupol theatre, do you believe that? What about them shelling Odessa cathedral, do you believe that? What about Russia shelling Chernihiv theatre, do you believe that? Why do you believe the word of the fascist who directs those crimes?

Edited by jakee

5 minutes ago, Slim King said:

You obviously didn't get any information from the video I posted ... You should probably watch a report made FOUR YEARS before Russia went in.

In 2010, 4 years before Russia went into the Donbas, Ukraine's President was Viktor Yanukovych - a Russian puppet who has lived in Russia ever since being kicked out of office. I doubt he was cracking down on pro-Russian groups.

But again, why do you believe that Ukraine killed 14,000 civilians in the Donbas between 2014 and 2022? Where does that belief come from? And why don't you care about Russia's constant bombardment of purely civilian targets? Why do you believe what Putin says when you can see what he's doing?

• Like 1

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Ukraine has moved their last group of reserves into the combat zone. This is the best video that I can find that is basically the most trusted by either side. Feel free to post videos that challenge this report.

Dude you're going on a year now of posting BS videos that 'irrefutably demonstrate that Ukraine is just about to lose the war'.  Maybe you should look for new video sources....Or better yet, put some thought into answering Jakee's question above.  With all your resources on the issue, it shouldn't be hard no?

Or you'll just spew some BS and post another video tomorrow...My money's on door #2, you're so predictable.

Edited by lippy
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Slim King said:

Ukraine has moved their last group of reserves into the combat zone. This is the best video that I can find that is basically the most trusted by either side. Feel free to post videos that challenge this report.

Ok so I got my mental bleach ready and actually gave those bastards the click they wanted just to check out what kind of shite they were peddling. 

First, where in the flying fuck do you get that they are trusted by either side? Check out their Twitter feed, they’re rabidly pro-Russia. They literally sell merchandise and clothing with pictures of destroyed and damaged Ukrainian armoured vehicles. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself for promoting the glorification of war and conquest in that way. 

Second, even they said inside the first two minutes of that video that the claim of Ukraine committing its last reserves was part of a Russian disinformation campaign. Yet here you are stating it as fact. And you try and convince us that you’re not just Putin’s little lapdog, brainwashed into cheerleading for his vicious and brutal war?

• Like 5