4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

2 hours ago, normiss said:

You don't have a Kohler Numi???  Still using the outhouse? Or the high tanks?

Just last night I saw the "South Park" episode: "Japanese Toilet". I'm pretty sure that one had computer chips in it. ;-)

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

My grandmother had an outhouse until I was about 10 yrs old.

I grew up in a house with a high water closet.  One thing you did not have to be concerned with was everything going down the toilet.

Jerry Baumchen

You just brought back a bad memory; When I was a kid, every Christmas meant an all-day drive to my paternal grandfathers house. And I hated it for a number of reasons, including that he still had an outhouse. And getting up in the middle of a December night in Ohio, to trudge across the back yard to the outhouse was miserable!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Rats often attack each other just before the ship sinks. Nothing new here just more of the King Rat mentality in Russia. Where every criminal is out for themselves.

A new way for Putin to get recruits AND a way for Trump supporters to show the US how much they hate wokeness!

Russia Wants to Build a MAGA Colony for US Conservatives, Lawyer Claims

Hundreds of American and Canadian right-wingers want to move to Russia to live in a new purpose-built settlement, according to a Moscow-based lawyer who provided no evidence for his claims.
TH
By Tim Hume
May 12, 2023

Plans are underway in Russia to build a settlement for conservative American and Canadian immigrants seeking to leave the West “for ideological reasons,” at least according to a Moscow-based immigration lawyer.

Timur Beslangurov, a partner in the law firm VISTA Immigration, claimed that construction would begin next year on a village in the Moscow region for about 200 families from North America, financed by the immigrants themselves.

“The reason is propaganda of radical values: Today they have 70 genders, and who knows what will come next,” he said in comments at a legal forum in St Petersburg, which were reported by Russia’s state-run RIA Novosti news agency Thursday.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgwdew/russia-maga-colony

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

A new way for Putin to get recruits AND a way for Trump supporters to show the US how much they hate wokeness!

Russia Wants to Build a MAGA Colony for US Conservatives, Lawyer Claims

So how quickly will they be eligible for conscription?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I am sure they will receive assurances that they won't be drafted.

Then when they get there, the people who want to be exempt from the draft will be forced to live in rainbow colored houses with pictures of Dylan Mulvaney everywhere inside.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

How long before they realize that 'freedom of speech' doesn't exist in Russia?

How long before they realize how corrupt it is? 

And ya gotta wonder if this 'new colony' will have indoor plumbing.
I'm sure the plans show it, but I'm also pretty sure that any money these fools 'invest' in anything over there will simply disappear. The same way any and all 'public funds' do.

And at some point in the future, when the transplants become unhappy at the reality of Russia, and start protesting, Putin will stand up in front of the Duma and begin speaking:

"When the United States sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing conspiracy theories. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

• Like 4

15 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

...How long before they realize how corrupt it is? 

MAGA followers know how corrupt it is. They imagine that Russia is like Washington only without the meddling of any opposition. Laws making it ok to beat LGBTQIA+ undesirables. Long prison terms for those that oppose the privileged ones.

They just think they will be among the privileged ones. Lining their pockets, sending those without white skin off on other special operations.

14 hours ago, ryoder said:

And at some point in the future, when the transplants become unhappy at the reality of Russia, and start protesting, Putin will stand up in front of the Duma and begin speaking:

"When the United States sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing conspiracy theories. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

As new immigrants to Russia President Putin will help them out. Each will be given a pure white, blue eyed Ukrainian child to raise.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

As new immigrants to Russia President Putin will help them out. Each will be given a pure white, blue eyed Ukrainian child to raise.

There was also a recent news story about Romanian police arresting Chinese agents who were moving Ukrainian babies out of their homeland without the appropriate paperwork.

Funny! 30 years ago I can remember Romanian orphanages selling babies to the west. Part of the problem -as explained by my Romanian-born colleague was poor record-keeping in Romanian orphanages meant that officials could not return orphans to their parents after the fall of the Iron Curtain.

52 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

MAGA followers know how corrupt it is. They imagine that Russia is like Washington only without the meddling of any opposition. Laws making it ok to beat LGBTQIA+ undesirables. Long prison terms for those that oppose the privileged ones.

They just think they will be among the privileged ones. Lining their pockets, sending those without white skin off on other special operations.

Amusing how left-wingers and right-wingers can get so far away from the (political) center that they eventually meet on the far side of the circle!

Why does some of this remind me of some of the things that George Orwell warned us about in his novel "1984?" I read the book back during the 1970s are was pleasantly surprized when it did not come true on schedule. Parts of the process came true in later years ... like post-communist Russia making friends with the west for a few years, but eventually reverting to adversaries.

Lots of luck finding traditional American right wing "rights" - in Russia - like freedom of speech or freedom of religion or 2nd Amendment (gun ownership) or 5th Amendment (not being forced to testify against yourself out of fear that you might provide enough evidence to convict yourself), Miranda rights, freedom from arrest without evidence, freedom to a prompt trial, free medical and dental care in prison, freedom for lethal injection if convicted, freedom to move to another state, freedom to consume recreational drugs (in some states), freedom to same-sex-marry, etc.

Hah!

Hah!

21 minutes ago, jakee said:

I think something has been lost in translation here.

Some of those "orphans" were surrendered by their un-wed, teenaged mothers. In later years, some of those mothers were in better economic/marriage situations and tried to re-claim their children. They could not find their children due to poor record-keeping in communist-era Romanian orphanages.

8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Yeah, they have lots of impossible fantasies.

It won't happen that way, though.

Unless you're already 'privileged', you are screwed.

Kinda like the mafia, only the ones 'in' get rich.
Getting 'in' is not easy.
Much easier to end up dead.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yeah, they have lots of impossible fantasies.

It won't happen that way, though.

Unless you're already 'privileged', you are screwed.

Kinda like the mafia, only the ones 'in' get rich.
Getting 'in' is not easy.
Much easier to end up dead.

Nailed it.

Underling wannabe's.

14 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

IMO we need a few more Oopsies like this one:  Accounting error means Pentagon can send an additional $3 billion in weapons to Ukraine | AP News

Jerry Baumchen

Accounting errors! The most popular topic in Russian military circles for why fuel, ammo, tanks and jets can't be found on any bases.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jakee said:

About time.

Of course, the Russians don't like it, and are issuing their 'standard empty threats'.

From the story:

Russia said countries would run "enormous risks" if they supplied F-16s to Ukraine, state media reported. 

Deputy foreign minister Alexander Grushko told state-owned news agency Tass that Western countries were "sticking to the scenario of escalation".

"This will be taken into account in all our plans, and we have all the necessary means to achieve our goals," he said.

55 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

...Of course, the Russians don't like it, and are issuing their 'standard empty threats'....

The longer the war goes on, the more people realize that Russia is a paper tiger. Skilled at bombing defenseless hospitals, cities and killing civilians. Taking care of injured soldiers will cost Russia billions more.

The biggest advantage in the older F-16s for Ukraine is the automatic integration of weapons. AIM-120, JDAM-ER, jamming pods, HARM, etc. will all allow Ukraine to seamlessly defend itself.

Its too bad that President Biden was so slow on the step by step arming of Ukraine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Its too bad that President Biden was so slow on the step by step arming of Ukraine.

Biden is probably the most seasoned statesman in America. Maybe he's blowing it or maybe he's simply mindful of the best way to eat an elephant. Americans are always somewhat defeated out of the gates by our two year congressional time frame and our four year Presidential cycle. We hurry, hurry, hurry and then complain about how we hurry, hurry, hurry. When we get a President who take it more slowly and in a measured way even his supporters start screaming dementia. Not only do we not know what we don't know but we for damn sure don't know what he actually does know.

• Like 2