4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

Just now, riggerrob said:

One rumor has it that Russian tanks were forced to advance in columns, along roads, because fields were strewn with Ukrainian land mines. The narrow advance just made it easier for Ukrainian anti-tank crews to know where to wait in ambush.

Sounds like the morons put a DZO in charge.

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Some news has come out that may explain why Russia claims to have destroyed more HIMARS systems than the US actually sent:

AP: Inflatable tanks, missiles: Czech firm makes decoy armaments

They've been making decoys out of plywood since they first started getting the HIMARS. 

Even with the insanely high cost of building materials, it's still a good tradeoff if Russia uses a multi-million dollar Kaliber missile to attack one.

Poland is anxious to give their MIG-29's to Ukraine. They have something like 44 with 30 flying. They are planning on replacing them with F-35's. Poland is a long time NATO partner. I see no downside to putting 30 F-16's flown by Americans in Poland to facilitate the transfer. That would be the fastest way to give Ukraine air power, seems to me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Poland is anxious to give their MIG-29's to Ukraine. They have something like 44 with 30 flying. They are planning on replacing them with F-35's. Poland is a long time NATO partner. I see no downside to putting 30 F-16's flown by Americans in Poland to facilitate the transfer. That would be the fastest way to give Ukraine air power, seems to me.

It very much sounds like that’s the plan now. The UK government has been the first to actually talk about jets to Ukraine, but giving them our Typhoons makes no sense operationally.  Eat theory is well help provide air cover over Poland while their Migs are backfilled with newer jets.

Problem for Ukraine is that while the Migs are far better than nothing they’re not equipped with the kind of weaponry that will really help near the front line now that Russia’s air defences are solidly set up. 

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Well it's a month later and more kids have died on both sides ... However it appears Ukraine is trying to retreat but they seem  to be surrounded again ... The Media told us we were winning in Viet Nam until we lost it all ... Same thing here. Russia is now using their Super Duper Supersonic Missiles ... No one can stop those.

That sucks. Russia really should stop surrounding Ukrainian forces and retreat to their internationally recognised borders so there can be peace, shouldn’t they?

Well it's a month later and more kids have died on both sides ... However it appears Ukraine is trying to retreat but they seem  to be surrounded again ... The Media told us we were winning in Viet Nam until we lost it all ... Same thing here. Russia is now using their Super Duper Supersonic Missiles ... No one can stop those.

Right.

Russians have been 'about to surround' Bakhmut since...

August.

There are multiple reports that the Russians attacking Bakhmut are using...

Shovels. Because they are out of ammunition for their rifles.

You know, the rifles that were designed...

130 years ago.

More reports that those '200,000' new 'soldiers' are dying days after being inducted.

Not 'days after arriving at the front'.
Not 'days after graduating training' (they aren't getting any of that).

In some cases, 10 days after reporting for induction, they are dead at Bakhmut.

The videos of the Ukranians slaughtering the orcs are plentiful.
Warning: Graphic video, NSFW.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Putin can stop those, a key point that is obviously beyond your ken. And so you know, although it's not as inflammatory or emotionally charged as "kids", the average age of Russian mobiks according to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu is 35. That would not be in your talking points nor would any images of Ukrainian soldiers who are clearly of all ages and genders. But, of course, they are fighting to keep your masters from killing  innocent Ukrainian kids.

Edited by JoeWeber

Pakistan has has offered to give 44 T-80UD tanks to Ukraine in exchange for western financial support. Okay, they're assholes. With that out of the way, I say start negotiations at USD $5M per with a willingness to support loan guarantees. The enemy of my enemy and all of that, seems to me. These are perfect for Ukraine: "modern" Russian hardware with diesel engines they already know how operate and maintain. Do the deal, I say.

(edited)
2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Pakistan has has offered to give 44 T-80UD tanks to Ukraine in exchange for western financial support. Okay, they're assholes. With that out of the way, I say start negotiations at USD $5M per with a willingness to support loan guarantees. The enemy of my enemy and all of that, seems to me. These are perfect for Ukraine: "modern" Russian hardware with diesel engines they already know how operate and maintain. Do the deal, I say.

Agree.

Ukraine has just successfully deployed its first JDAM-ER. Most likely from a Mig-29 Its a guidance flight kit which turns an ordinary 1000-2000 lb bomb into a 45 mile range guided bomb. This standoff ability keeps the AC out of the range of SAM. In most cases.

Perhaps its time to revisit Putin's bridge.

IMO, for Slim King, its a lot more humane weapon than the little 40mm grenades dropped from drones. After all we don't want Slim's relatives to suffer.

Edited by Phil1111

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

I don't believe it. You are saying that for every 18 year old kid fighting there is a 53 year old on the front line to balance it all out to 35? Unbelievable. If true .. Unthinkable. I did see the Ukraine kidnapping 16 year olds and forcing them into service. The people of Ukraine want PEACE and the government just wants to launder more money. War only end two ways ... One country totally destroys the other or they negotiate PEACE... Ukraine will never beat Russia. Negotiate Peace Now!!!! (Over 8,000 have died since I last posted this same comment)... And Youtube is farming out the widows and brides to be.... It's all about the money!!!!!

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.34.18 PM.png

What you believe is propaganda. The age was attributed to Russian Defense Minister Shoigu. If anything he’s low balling to hide the fact that they are grabbing any pot bellied grandpa who can’t run fast enough.

7 hours ago, Slim King said:

Negotiate Peace Now!!!! (Over 8,000 have died since I last posted this same comment)...

And all 8,000 could have been alive if Russia had withdrawn and negotiated peace. They really should do that, shouldn’t they?

12 hours ago, Slim King said:

I don't believe it. You are saying that for every 18 year old kid fighting there is a 53 year old on the front line to balance it all out to 35? Unbelievable. If true .. Unthinkable. I did see the Ukraine kidnapping 16 year olds and forcing them into service. The people of Ukraine want PEACE and the government just wants to launder more money. War only end two ways ... One country totally destroys the other or they negotiate PEACE... Ukraine will never beat Russia. Negotiate Peace Now!!!! (Over 8,000 have died since I last posted this same comment)... And Youtube is farming out the widows and brides to be.... It's all about the money!!!!!

Well, currently there's nearly 1000 orcs per day dying. Far fewer Ukrainian soldiers.

The Russians are targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure with their 'unbeatable' hypersonic missiles (they are not invincible, its just that the advanced anti-aircraft stuff isn't widespread in Ukraine, and the orcs are making sure they target 'easy' stuff to look tougher).

One thing that has been targeted multiple times is the power grid near the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Station. They've managed to cut power to it several times.
Without external power, cooling the nuclear pile becomes a problem (this is what happened at the Fukushima plant after the earthquake). Fortunately, they have adequate backup generators, and the 'power line guys' have done an excellent job restoring the power quickly every time its cut. They've been doing this all over, the whole time.

Russia is doing so well that they are purchasing drones from Iran. Likely offering nuclear technology & information in exchange.

You keep claiming there should be negotiations. 

Why?

Putler signed an agreement to respect Ukraine's 1991 bounaries.
He tore it up and wiped his ass with in in 2014, when Ukraine decided to throw out his minion.
He can't be trusted. Period.

You keep claiming that Ukraine is 'laundering money'.
Got any proof? (yeah, I know, asking a troll for proof is silly)

Most of the 'aid' is actually equipment. And there have been some pretty strict protocols put in place to make sure it goes where it's supposed to (and it does just that).

OTOH, the Russians managed to loot their own military to enrich the 'elites'. 

Food money was stolen, the orcs went on their 'adventure' with rations that were YEARS out of date. 
Same with the tires on the wheeled vehicles.

One of the more recent funny facts.

The Russians have lost so many tanks, destroyed, captured or simply abandoned that they are pulling 50+ year old equipment out of storage.

Or trying to.

Many (like a lot) are missing important parts.

Optical equipment, like gunsights.
Electronic equipment, like radios, night vision, targeting & stabilization computers.

And engines. 
You know, the big thing that makes the tank move.
Many are completely gone. Removed. Stolen and sold.

Just like everything else that isn't nailed down in the Russian army.

Looted & sold to make people rich.

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

Here comes MARIUPOL 2... (Remember when you guys swore that Mariupol was JUST FINE....????)

Not one person ever said that

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

Sadly Bakhmut is now surrounded by the Wagner group. Without reinforcements they will starve, die or surrender.

And isn’t that just a pointless tragedy? Russia should retreat and make peace instead of pursuing this war, shouldn’t they?

Ukraine needs to give back the $100 Billion they scammed from us. They provoked the Russian Bear and now they are getting their @sses handed to them.You have foolishly believed the propaganda that they are winning. If they are winning wouldn't Russia be retreating already? I believe all wars are a scam. The politicians get rich while the children die.

What does who is winning have to do with peace? You don’t want the war to keep going until one side definitively wins, do you? We know that right now Ukraine will only make peace if Russia leaves their land. In the name of peace Russia should retreat from Ukraine, shouldn’t they? That would make you happy, wouldn’t it?

2 hours ago, jakee said:

What does who is winning have to do with peace? You don’t want the war to keep going until one side definitively wins, do you? We know that right now Ukraine will only make peace if Russia leaves their land. In the name of peace Russia should retreat from Ukraine, shouldn’t they? That would make you happy, wouldn’t it?

In most national parks there are serious fines for feeding wildlife. Those laws are intended to prevent wildlife from associating food with people. Thus endangering both.

Should there not be an internet forum law. Prohibiting the feeding of trolls. Who would become accustomed to engagement. When trolls should rightly stick to the deep warrens where their kin and ideas inhabit?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

Ukraine needs to give back the $100 Billion they scammed from us. They provoked the Russian Bear and now they are getting their @sses handed to them.You have foolishly believed the propaganda that they are winning. If they are winning wouldn't Russia be retreating already? I believe all wars are a scam. The politicians get rich while the children die.

You know when Defense Minister Lavrov said that Ukraine started the war at the G20 conference, the entire audience laughed at him, right?

And which country has oligarchs with huge mansions, all over the world.

While the military has virtually nothing.

Russia isn't retreating because Ukraine hasn't launched any offensives...

Yet. 
Spring is coming.

And I have to laugh that Russia shot 6 of their 'hypersonic' missiles at Ukraine.

At $100 million + each, that's over HALF A BILLION dollars worth of missiles.

Just to kill less than a dozen civilians (a war crime) and shut down the power for a few hours (also a war crime).

The missile & drone attacks have decreased significantly of late.

Probably because Russia is running out of stuff to shoot.
That's one probable reason they are using very expensive ordnance for purposes they were not intended.

• Like 1

(edited)

Ron DeSantis Says Protecting Ukraine Is Not a Key U.S. Interest

"The Florida governor, on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show, broke with Republicans to attack President Biden’s foreign policy and align more closely with Donald Trump"

DeSantis has exactly the same attitude towards Russian aggression as trump. DeSantis has never condemned the attack. Shortly after the invasion a year ago he said that Russian forces went in “half-heartedly”

So all of NATO except Hungary has contributed and aligned with Ukraine. Forty countries in the world have supplied Ukraine with weapons. Those forty countries regularly supply Ukraine with weapons and cash.

This wannabe GOP leader doesn't believe that the concerns of Russian gangster war conduct. Should be of concern to US leadership. New NATO members Finland and Sweden are joining specifically because of Russian gangster war conduct. The GOP leadership could care less.

Edited by Phil1111

9 hours ago, Slim King said:

This happened without Trump ... If Trump were president ( He did win the election) this war would end in ONE DAY!!!!!! Trump warned Zelinski he would get his ass kicked .. Russia is bigger and stronger .. Ukraine is facing another huge defeat in Bukhmat.... Worse than Mariupol.

Is that like "if you're going to get raped, might as well lean back and enjoy it?"

Wendy P.