4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You sure like to play aggrieved victim. Maybe this Florida sheriff is correct....

image.png.477302f5aeb760b64252253fb0d307f1.png

https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/1598053216520122369?s=20&t=ovYrEeyqkSHA4o5taj1eVQ

Actually, my Canadian friend, it's ya'll who play the victims. No worries, enjoy your national feelies while us frontier, gun lovin', ninnies get a grip. In the meantime, while you're  working out how to pay to be a part of the modern world we have you covered.

29 minutes ago, Slim King said:

SAVE THE CHILDREN ...

So I asked you this before and you couldn't answer.

You see a girl being bullied.  The bully is trying to take her clothes off and crazy glue her to the school door, because he thinks that would be funny.  You are bigger than the bully.

Do you tell her to let him do it?  Or do you stop the bully?

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

SAVE THE CHILDREN ... Russia has offered to negotiate peace and allow free elections in this area. Negotiate now before winter reaps a harvest of innocent children. https://reliefweb.int/report/ukraine/millions-c area supervise by.            thildren-exposed-illnesses-hypothermia-big-freeze-hits-ukraine-says-save

Why are you posting an article from March, when it's no longer remotely reflective of the events on the ground?

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

WHO IS THE MURDERER HERE? The BBC finds Ukrainian forces executing Russian prisoners in real time.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63676446 End the war ... Seek PEACE!!!!

That's a freeze frame of the russian firing his weapon. His colleagues are on the ground, appearing to surrender, then the last russian comes out and opens fire.

Yes, they are all filmed dead afterwards, but pretending to surrender (perfidy) is a war crime.

Also, did you not read to the end of that BBC article? They also talk about a gruesome murder done by the Russian side.

You're regurgitating weeks old Kremlin lines, do your handlers have to use paper letters to send them to you to rehearse?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, olofscience said:

....You're regurgitating weeks old Kremlin lines, do your handlers have to use paper letters to send them to you to rehearse?

Latest estimates are about 500 of his countrymen are being killed or wounded every day. Supplies are so erratic that some resort to drinking water from puddles.Supply depots are now being kept as far from the front as Russia itself to avoid HIMARS attack. In the most active areas of fighting secondary lines of troops are maintained. To ensure troops from the first line fight and don't flee.Just like they used to do in WW ll.

Its either the party line or the Ukrainian front.

17 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Wendy,

Neville Chamberlain tried that; did not work so good.

Jerry Baumchen

Worked very well.  UK was in no way ready to confront Hitler in 1938.  RAF was still largely equipped with Gloster Gladiator biplanes due to years of neglect under Stanley Baldwin, while the Luftwaffe aready had Bf109s, He111s, etc. and experience in the Spanish Civil War.  WW2 would have been over in a month had UK gone to war in 1938.  

The extra year allowed a big build up in the RAF's inventory of front line fighter planes, and completion of the Chain Home radar system.  Even then the BoB was a close run thing.

4 hours ago, kallend said:

Worked very well.  UK was in no way ready to confront Hitler in 1938.  RAF was still largely equipped with Gloster Gladiator biplanes due to years of neglect under Stanley Baldwin, while the Luftwaffe aready had Bf109s, He111s, etc. and experience in the Spanish Civil War.  WW2 would have been over in a month had UK gone to war in 1938.  

The extra year allowed a big build up in the RAF's inventory of front line fighter planes, and completion of the Chain Home radar system.  Even then the BoB was a close run thing.

Hi John,

Re:  WW2 would have been over in a month

IMO 'would haves' are pipe dreams.  It did not end 'in a month.'

I still say Neville Chamberlain tried that; did not work so good.

We will have to disagree.

I wish his efforts had succeeded.  Not much of a chance considering who he was dealing with.

Jerry Baumchen

13 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

Re:  WW2 would have been over in a month

IMO 'would haves' are pipe dreams.  It did not end 'in a month.'

I still say Neville Chamberlain tried that; did not work so good.

We will have to disagree.

I wish his efforts had succeeded.  Not much of a chance considering who he was dealing with.

Jerry Baumchen

Disagree all you want.  Britain was not in a position to fight a war in 1938 after years of neglect of its military.  The extra year brought completion of the radar chain, introduction of the Dowding system for directing the fighter defenses, and dozens of squadrons of Hurricanes and Spitfires.

34 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

They do have a nice collection of yachts. Surely Joe appreciates that! Some even have art collections with Faberge eggs.

Everyone knows a yacht has much more curb appeal than a plain black submarine.

Yeah, but if you don't pay your electric bills, the power gets shut off and the submarine reactors nearly have a meltdown (this really happened back in the 90s)

Nothing like nearly having a catastrophic nuclear accident to show the world how powerful the Russian Navy is.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1995/09/22/Close-call-on-Russian-nuclear-subs/5380811742400/

15 hours ago, kallend said:

... Britain was not in a position to fight a war in 1938 after years of neglect of its military.  ...

Not much has changed.

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

A lesson not learned by some of our NATO partners, sadly.

Finnish PM Sanna Marin has said Europe is "not strong enough" to stand up to Russia's invasion of Ukraine on its own, and has had to rely on US support.

During a visit to Australia, the leader of the pending Nato member said Europe's defences must be strengthened.

"I must be brutally honest with you, Europe isn't strong enough right now," she said. "We would be in trouble without the United States."...She added that Europe must make sure it is "building those capabilities when it comes to European defence, European defence industry, and making sure that we could cope in different kinds of situations".

Well somebody agrees with you Joe.

12 hours ago, gowlerk said:

And apparently not by Russia either.

Lame and you know it. Canada is first on the list of NATO partners who are happy to send their version of hopes and prayers when the shit hits the fan. Yes, Canada will buy some of our stocks and also put a few bucks into a reconstruction plan but Canada is always being dragged along. Canada needs to kick into gear big time and no more BS about the US and yada yada.  

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Lame and you know it. Canada is first on the list of NATO partners who are happy to send their version of hopes and prayers when the shit hits the fan. Yes, Canada will buy some of our stocks and also put a few bucks into a reconstruction plan but Canada is always being dragged along. Canada needs to kick into gear big time and no more BS about the US and yada yada.  

I'll get right on that Joe. I love the new B-21 you guys are buying at 750 million a copy. I hear some of your war monging generals want 100 of them. Maybe we can slash a little something out of our healthcare budget and chip in for some spare tires for one of them. 

• Like 2

(edited)
16 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I'll get right on that Joe. I love the new B-21 you guys are buying at 750 million a copy. I hear some of your war monging generals want 100 of them. Maybe we can slash a little something out of our healthcare budget and chip in for some spare tires for one of them. 

More lame, and I guess you don't know it. Maybe we can find another M777 replacement artillery tube we can loan to Canada in exchange for a hamburger that you'll gladly pay us for Tuesday.

Edited by JoeWeber

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

More lame, and I guess you don't know it. Maybe we can find another M777 replacement artillery tube Canada we can loan to Canada in exchange for a hamburger that you'll gladly pay us for Tuesday.

With your per capita national debt being considerably higher than ours I'm not sure I want to make you wait for that hamburger. But since you can just use inflation to lower the real value of all that past spending like you did to pay for your Vietnam and Apollo adventures I guess you'll be okay.

(edited)
10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Canadian defense companies have just never developed a lobby like in the US. Buying off politicians to approve the latest gold plated toilet is met with laughter. Instead of a cash in kind for donations to the party.

We will keep supplying US seniors with non cartel prescription drugs though.It seems only right.

FYI Canada has already paid out to Ukraine five times what France has paid out.The same applies to Italy's commitments and payments to Ukraine.

Canada has already paid and delivered to Ukraine more aid than Germany. Its also paid out three times what the UK has paid out. Although given the cost to the UK for Brexit and its other foolishness. Its understandable, a bit.

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Canadian defense companies have just never developed a lobby like in the US. Buying off politicians to approve the latest gold plated toilet is met with laughter. Instead of a cash in kind for donations to the party.

We will keep supplying US seniors with non cartel prescription drugs though.It seems only right.

How America spends money on defense is nothing short of obscene. Curious, however, is that the same people who lambaste Slim King for his desire to see Ukraine surrender don't recognize that if America spent on defense and R&D as their nations do the war in Ukraine would have been over long ago.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

if America spent on defense and R&D as their nations do the war in Ukraine would have been over long ago.

America has severely depleted its reserves of some weapons already in Ukraine. God has given America a lot of unique geographical and resource advantages over the rest of the world. It is both a blessing and a curse that the biggest of the several ways the US chooses to share that bounty is selling and occasionally the gifting of her armaments.

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

How America spends money on defense is nothing short of obscene. Curious, however, is that the same people who lambaste Slim King for his desire to see Ukraine surrender don't recognize that if America spent on defense and R&D as their nations do the war in Ukraine would have been over long ago.

I will concede that US funding and military assets in the region. In assistance of NATO operations have saved tens of thousands of Ukrainian lives. Likely been responsible for 70% of Ukrainian territory regained. Ukraine lost the war? Probably not.

Canada and NATO has supported Ukraine for a while. "Since the start of Op UNIFIER(2015), the CAF(Canadian Armed Forces) has trained over 34,000 Ukrainian military and security personnel in battlefield tactics and advanced military skills"

I think that France, Italy and Germany have been slackers in supporting Ukraine. Although Germany is starting to turn around. This war will leave Russia a military cripple. With only its nuclear weapons and a few ships left for whats been disclosed to be a paper tiger. Sorry SK thats a fact.

US defense contractors do quite well having the whole western world dependent on US weapons. We’re #1: The U.S. Government is the World’s Largest Arms Dealer Kinda like a drug dealer giving out free samples.

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1