4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

News from two days ago: "The Central Asian nation of Kyrgyzstan on Sunday unilaterally cancelled joint military drills between the six nations comprising the Russia-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), less than a day before they were due to start on its territory....Last month, Armenia skipped a two-week drill held by the collective in Kazakhstan, after criticizing the bloc for failing to openly side with it after large-scale fighting erupted on its border with non-member Azerbaijan in September. "

This is the Russia equivalent of NATO.

Nagorno-Karabakh conflict

Needless to say Russia can't be trusted but Edward Snowden trusts Russia. BTW he is now eligible for conscription.

35 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Proves my point .. FOX  is done. They are joining the CNN generation. According to Ron Paul over 20 Ukranian cities were hit. About 150 strikes ...  https://rumble.com/v1nd86s-escalation-after-crimea-bridge-blast-russia-hits-back.html?mref=6zof&mrefc=5 AND. ...Zelenski wants another $80 Billion because they are doing so well...... It's a JOKE ON YOU!!!!!

CNN is reporting it.

14 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Good for them ... It will be used as propaganda to get more money from Biden and then you and your kids can pay it back as they launder away your wealth. No one is checking where it's all going. Biden has given them more in 6 months than Russias budget for an entire year. And the best they can do is a terrorist truck bomb on a civilian bridge? The Fluoride in the water is working. Wars only work two ways .. One side completely destroys the other or they negotiate for peace. Do you think Ukraine can completely destroy Russia?  The sooner you strive for peace the sooner these kids stop dying. Ukraine has killed over 15,000 of their own civilians.. Do you think they care? Russia has no problem shooting 150 missiles into Ukraine. Do you think they care about collateral damage? It's a GAME and you are paying for it.

Again, how do you propose to end the war?

7 hours ago, Slim King said:

Prove it... Name a single person who got a paycheck. I'll wait.   It's really unbelievable the propaganda you ingest.                                           ....

Still waiting for you to prove that Zelensky is embezzling or that the Azovs were killing tens of thousands of people. 

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

And the best they can do is a terrorist truck bomb on a civilian bridge?

No, the best they can do is an ongoing counter attack that is slowly but surely liberating their territory while also managing to orchestrate a strike on a bridge that has a very high strategic value.

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

Russia has no problem shooting 150 missiles into Ukraine. Do you think they care about collateral damage? 

It’s not collateral damage when Russia is intentionally aiming at civilians. For Putin the Russian army committing war crimes is a feature, not a bug. 

Again, in this thread you are the only person who has said the Russian army is acting with any honourable motives. You still refuse to call them terrorists. Why keep supporting the warmongers and murderers?

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Wrong again. YOU are being played by both sides. The Russians and the Ukrainians don't care.

You said the Russians had legitimate goals in Ukraine and that they’d stop fighting as soon as they achieved them. Were you lying then or now?

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Russia was playing Nicey Nice ... Now they will go for Zelenski. You can't poke a bear and expect him to do nothing. Find peace or many more will die needlessly.

That’s one of the most despicable things you’ve said that. Russia is torturing and murdering Ukrainian citizens in every settlement they control. Give them ‘peace’ and full control of Ukrainian regions and many more will die needlessly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slim King said:

Now they will go for Zelenski. You can't poke a bear and expect him to do nothing. Find peace or many more will die needlessly.

We can all thank God you weren't around during World War II.  "You can't poke the Master Race and expect them to do nothing.  Hundreds of thousands are dying!   Appease Hitler IMMEDIATELY."

On 10/9/2022 at 10:53 AM, Slim King said:

I CONDEM IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save the kids ... Stop the War!!!!!!

If you have problems with war, I would suggest you stop voting republican and stop supporting the ongoing idolization of the military in the US.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, murps2000 said:

Ow. My neck. Stop changing the subject so quickly.

Odd how that story - about USA recruiting - is illustrated by a photo of CANADIAN service women  (an RCAF major, an RCAF flight sargeant, ??? and an RCAF corporal)... maybe trans???? 

Secondly, people who were born male and stay male through puberty tend to grow bigger, stronger, faster, etc. than those who grow to adulthood as females. Male bones also tend to be denser, therefor more difficult to break. These size and strength advantages may not mean much in push-button warfare, but their greater strength comes in handy for infantry, armor, artillery, field engineers, etc. Even just re-suppling ships (e.g. food) requires many hours of man-handling boxes in the 20 to 40 pound range.

Since girls who grow to adulthood as girls tend to be smaller, weaker and slower, they are less attractive to army recruiters.

17 hours ago, murps2000 said:

Who’s guessing? I’m glad you appropriately labeled Putin a warmonger though. Appeasing him to get him to stop being one is the same as handing the school bully your lunch money in hopes that he’ll stop bullying.

The US killed far more with conventional weapons firebombing Tokyo btw, but if you want to discuss WW2 you should probably start a different thread.

Hi murps,

Re:  The USA dropped two Nukes on two different Civilian towns 

Hiroshima was a military target.  I've been there.

Jerry Baumchen

11 hours ago, jakee said:

No, the best they can do is an ongoing counter attack that is slowly but surely liberating their territory while also managing to orchestrate a strike on a bridge that has a very high strategic value.

It’s not collateral damage when Russia is intentionally aiming at civilians. For Putin the Russian army committing war crimes is a feature, not a bug. 

Again, in this thread you are the only person who has said the Russian army is acting with any honourable motives. You still refuse to call them terrorists. Why keep supporting the warmongers and murderers?

Hi jakee,

I do not know about you, but the only bridges that I have ever seen are 'civilian.'  Except for some in the various war movies I've seen.

Here, near where I live, in Portland, OR, we have 10  bridges over the Willamette River.  All are civilian, not a military bridge in the bunch.

Unbelievable.

Jerry Baumchen

No, I wasn't. I enjoyed myself last year. Maybe the fact that you were younger (and according to you) more liberal had something to do with what you enjoyed. There were probably fewer homeless, but Powell's was still there I'm sure (founded in 1971). When I was 25 I also enjoyed going to Mardi Gras and participating in the crowd; I wouldn't now.

Wendy P.

44 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I'm so sorry that Portland has turned into such a shit hole in the last few years.

Funny.  I was up in Portland about a year ago.  From right wing media I thought it would be a burned out hellhole, with broken windows, human shit on the streets and people looting left and right.  I saw none of that.  

Perhaps you are thinking of the Jan 6th riots?