4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

9 hours ago, Skylander said:

this is not true. in Russia, most of the population screams with patriotic delight. and you support it. No wonder you were banned from skycentre.net.

Nazism is when a nation speaks instead of each person, instead of you. When this chemistry happens, the nation gets an answer from you - and you start speaking on its behalf. Without sarcasm, seriously. For Nazism, it doesn't matter what you say on its behalf - the main thing is that this chemistry happened. Normal people immediately associate this with a hospital, why?

3 hours ago, Veis said:

Nazism is when a nation speaks instead of each person, instead of you. When this chemistry happens, the nation gets an answer from you - and you start speaking on its behalf. Without sarcasm, seriously. For Nazism, it doesn't matter what you say on its behalf - the main thing is that this chemistry happened. Normal people immediately associate this with a hospital, why?

Is there Nazism in Ukraine? can you prove?

It appears as if there are problems in both the Kremlin and in the sunflower fields of southern Ukraine. In Ukraine about 25,000 Russians have been cut off from resupply on the N.W. banks of the Dnipro River. This effective encirclement of about 1/8th of Putin's "special military operation" troops. Could result in a major victory for Ukraine. Some units are already out of ammunition.

Other news: "Moscow municipality has become the second Russian local authority this week to take the risk of calling for Vladimir Putin's resignation.

The letter addressed to the president by council deputies at Lomonosovsky Municipal District did not directly mention Putin's invasion of Ukraine, but did refer to how Russia had now become "feared and hated" while "aggression" has taken the country back to the "Cold War era." Presumably they all have base rigs on in case anyone exits from hospital windows.

Dictators and tyrants have a more problematic life than many can appreciate. It appears as if Vladimir may be choking on that large Ukrainian cabbage roll.

4 hours ago, Veis said:

Nazism in your head worries me more than in Ukraine, in the Kremlin, in Washington or anywhere else.

Mr. Poutine claimed that Nazis were operating in Eastern Ukraine, which gave him an excuse to invade.

Mr. Poutine also has slim historical evidence to back his claim. Many centuries before Mr. Hitler invented Nazisim, Jews were employed by the Russian Tzar to collect taxes in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, etc. This practice made theses Jewish tax-farmers unpopular symbols of the oppressive Tzar, so poor peasants reacted with pogroms (riots, stampeding, arson, lynching, etc.) for many centuries. Pogroms against any Jews were a recurring theme in Eastern Europe.

Then during World War 2, some Ukrainians aligned themselves with the invading Germans and helped ship a few thousand Ukrainian Jews to concentration camps.

Circa 2014, the Ukrainian Azov Battalion resisted the Russian invasion of Eastern Ukraine. Some Azov Battalion members were severely right-wing, bordering on fascist or Nazi. They even held torch-light parades and waved their version of runes. Please remember that the runic alphabet was the founding alphabet of Kievian-Russ, a good 1,000 years before Hitler.

Yes, some Azov Battalion members counted Jew-bashing as a popular sport, but that element was suppressed when the Azov Battalion was integrated into the regular Ukraine defense forces. The most ardent right-wing Azov leaders drifted into politics.

Please keep in mind that Mr. Poutine's distorted definition of "Nazi" no longer meshes with Mr. Hitler's definition of Nazism.  Instead, Mr. Poutine includes anyone who opposes him.

So, yes, there is slim evidence of Nazism in Ukraine (circa 2104), but you really need to drink Mr. Poutine's brand of Kool-Aid to understand his attitude.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Mr. Poutine claimed that Nazis were operating in Eastern Ukraine, which gave him an excuse to invade.

He also claimed to be coming to the aid of the minority of Ukraine who are native Russian speakers.  Now consider this:

"Born to a Ukrainian Jewish family, Zelenskyy grew up as a native Russian speaker in Kryvyi Rih, a major city of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast in central Ukraine."

Source: Wikipedia: Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Good information and it's always great hearing from Slim. Now, back to the war: Ukraine, after feinting the long awaited counter attack in the Kherson Region, poured through Russian lines near Kharkiv and are pushing fast towards the Russian border. Surely they'll soon turn North and South to widen the salient, consolidate the gains, and resupply but there is no doubt the Russians are once again proving incompetent at war fighting while the Ukrainians are showing real ability. For 6 months the Ukrainians have allowed their Territorial Defense Forces (TDF) to bear the brunt of holding the Russians to a minimum of gains while they trained their regular forces in combined arms tactics and the use of Western arms. This is the result of that long game.

My hope is that all who thought it was good money wasted in Ukraine will now agree it was a great investment in World Democracy and resolve to do more right now. 

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

....My hope is that all who thought it was good money wasted in Ukraine will now agree it was a great investment in World Democracy and resolve to do more right now. 

EU and NATO members cannot spend defense dollars better than to support Ukraine. Its unfortunate that this is costing innocent lives. But perhaps someone in Russia will put Russia ahead of the ruble. Kick the FSB and its kleptocrat leader out of existence. Because until Russia does this the country will continue to pay a high price.

52 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

EU and NATO members cannot spend defense dollars better than to support Ukraine. Its unfortunate that this is costing innocent lives. But perhaps someone in Russia will put Russia ahead of the ruble. Kick the FSB and its kleptocrat leader out of existence. Because until Russia does this the country will continue to pay a high price.

Unfortunately I think power will be pried from his cold dead fingers. Works for me, but I’m a few thousand miles away

Wendy P. 

7 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Unfortunately I think power will be pried from his cold dead fingers. Works for me, but I’m a few thousand miles away

Wendy P. 

I'm looking forward to the film "The Death of Putin", done in the same style as "The Death of Stalin":

22 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

10 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I'm looking forward to the film "The Death of Putin", done in the same style as "The Death of Stalin":

No country has paid a higher price for choosing poor leaders than Russia. Part of that is a propensity for choosing strongmen. Stalin is responsible for much of Russia's losses in WW2. He purged the military again and again. He may be responsible for up to 20 million Russian deaths. So Putin has a ways to go.

16 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

Unfortunately, when power is thus transferred by violence, the replacement tends to be that much worse.  Think the Czar, Allende, Qaddafi, Hussein, etc..

If Poutine is replaced in accordance with vox populi it may well turn out badly.  A population that has been fed a constant diet of bullshit is poorly suited to insightful decision making, given the chance.  Think Albania, Berkeley and the like.

Perhaps the best outcome would be to limit the scope of Poutine's ratfucking to the geographical borders of Russia.  Outside of his realm you're in the clear.  Cross the border?  'Abandon hope all ye who enter...' and all that.

All things being considered, Poutine fails to make Xi look good by comparison.

Bringing China into the equation, despots are most dangerous when their power appears to ebb.  It is when they have little to lose that they pull out the stops, and Poutine's retirement plan involves pushing up daisies.

Thus, the best outcome would be if he could declare victory, repatriate the Ukrainians forcibly relocated to Russia, return the borders to their 2014 status (aw, we didn't want Crimea anyhow...) and move on 

It will, of course, be the job of someone more Machiavellian than I to arrange such an outcome.

BSBD,

Winsor 

30 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Rumor has it that Lieutenant General Roman Berdnikov was in church every day since his appointment. He reaction when told about his dismissal. "Da there is a God."

He immediately beat feet to 50km inside Russia. Muttering something about "Damn Amerikanski HIMARS"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, winsor said:

Unfortunately, when power is thus transferred by violence, the replacement tends to be that much worse.  Think the Czar, Allende, Qaddafi, Hussein, etc..

If Poutine is replaced in accordance with vox populi it may well turn out badly.  A population that has been fed a constant diet of bullshit is poorly suited to insightful decision making, given the chance.  Think Albania, Berkeley and the like.

Perhaps the best outcome would be to limit the scope of Poutine's ratfucking to the geographical borders of Russia.  Outside of his realm you're in the clear.  Cross the border?  'Abandon hope all ye who enter...' and all that.

All things being considered, Poutine fails to make Xi look good by comparison.

Bringing China into the equation, despots are most dangerous when their power appears to ebb.  It is when they have little to lose that they pull out the stops, and Poutine's retirement plan involves pushing up daisies.

Thus, the best outcome would be if he could declare victory, repatriate the Ukrainians forcibly relocated to Russia, return the borders to their 2014 status (aw, we didn't want Crimea anyhow...) and move on 

It will, of course, be the job of someone more Machiavellian than I to arrange such an outcome.

BSBD,

Winsor 

Fuck Putin. He deserves no off ramp. The best outcome would be for him to fall out of a hospital window, and for Nevalney to be released from prison and allowed to run in a fair election.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Comment on Twitter:

"Putin’s macho army of testosterone-fuelled washing machine removal men defeated by volunteer lesbians and pink-haired coders programming drones."

Hard to believe.  Being woke helps you win wars against tyrants.

Hey, don't knock these guys, they're important to the economy:

We got to install microwave ovens, custom kitchen deliveries
We got to move these refrigerators, we gotta move these color TVs

• Like 1

Most upbeat article I've read so far.

Forbes: The Russian Army Is Losing A Battalion Every Day As Ukrainian Counterattacks Accelerate

Worse still, captures account for half the Russian vehicle losses. The Ukrainian army in just the last week and a half has seized enough Russian tanks, fighting vehicles and artillery to equip an entire brigade. In other words, the Ukrainian army actually has more vehicles now than it did before launching its counteroffensives.

• Like 2

How generous of the Russian Army to Lend-Lease AFVs to the Ukrainians.

This reminds us of how Finland started WW2 with mostly Western-pattern weapons, but by war's end was mostly equipped with Soviet-pattern weapons.

As the Finnish Air Force wore out their Western-made airplane engines, they replaced them with (Soviet-made) Shevnetsov and Klimov engines salvaged from battlefields.

spacer.png

The map above is just incredible, especially since most of the gains happened on Saturday alone.  I want to be cautiously optimistic and think the Russians will regroup and mount a much sterner defence at some point... but supposedly Izyum was supposed to be a city they'd spent months fortifying. A place they wanted to be a stronghold against any Ukrainian counterattack but they simply ran away because they'd sent their reinforcements south to the Dnieper. 

The Death Of Stalin was mentioned earlier, I'm starting to think the scenes in the Kremlin now could be more reminiscent of Downfall.