2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hmmm... So what would the downside be?

Morgues would overfill. 

They'd need refrigerated trailers to hold all the bodies.
LOT of them.

So frozen stuff would not be able to be delivered, due to the trailer shortage.

So there wouldn't be any ice cream in the stores.

THAT would be a tragedy.

;P

46 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hmmm... So what would the downside be?

41 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Morgues would overfill. ...

THAT would be a tragedy.

;P

What about our Brent? No sympathy there? He'd likely be the first.

This is a tough crowd..... I'd likely need a Kleenex.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

What about our Brent? No sympathy there? He'd likely be the first.

This is a tough crowd..... I'd likely need a Kleenex.

Biden is destroying the Democrats.  He has lost support from the center right with his crazy policy goals and is bleeding support from left with his failure to deliver. (Wages on fossil fuels while simultaneously releasing millions of barrels of oil from the strategic reserve). While Biden is doing a fine job Harris would be even better.

“I want you to just take a look. I want you to look into my eyes. I guarantee you; I guarantee you, we are going to end fossil fuel, and I am not
going to cooperate with them.”

“The scale of this release is unprecedented: the world has never had a release of oil reserves at this 1 million per day rate for this length of time,” the White House said in a release. “This record release will provide a historic amount of supply to serve as bridge until the end of the year when domestic production ramps up.”

Edited by brenthutch

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The VP should be held to a higher standard. Here is Kamala in her own words,

"We also recognize just as it has been in the United States, for Jamaica, one of the issues that has been presented as an issue that is economic in the way of its impact has been the pandemic," Harris said. "So to that end, we are announcing today also that we will assist Jamaica in COVID recovery by assisting in terms of the recovery efforts in Jamaica that have been essential to, I believe, what is necessary to strengthen not only the issue of public health but also the economy."

I can follow that. The majority of the former POTUS's ramblings, OTOH, not so much.

• Like 5

“a vice president’s only real job is to not embarrass the president and the administration. That’s something Biden is able to do, and often does, without any help from Harris.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/600198-will-kamala-harris-rank-as-one-of-the-worst-vps-in-history/

It would seem I am not alone in my assessment of Harris.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

“a vice president’s only real job is to not embarrass the president and the administration. That’s something Biden is able to do, and often does, without any help from Harris.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/600198-will-kamala-harris-rank-as-one-of-the-worst-vps-in-history/

It would seem I am not alone in my assessment of Harris.

100 Zillion Flies can't be wrong.

20 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I reject calling a child who is just trying her best to impress some judges an airhead bimbo.  

?? You've called a child who is trying to reduce the damage we are doing to the world similar names.  It's OK if she's trying to win a competition, but not OK if it is science that she believes in?

What an odd set of standards.  (Unless, of course, the ideal woman in your eyes is a compliant sort who thinks only of her own beauty.)

The VP should be held to a higher standard. Here is Kamala in her own words:

Covfefe
Capsicle
Infantroopen
Renoversh
Conducking

At least Harris uses English.  It's a nice step up.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

?? You've called a child who is trying to reduce the damage we are doing to the world similar names.  It's OK if she's trying to win a competition, but not OK if it is science that she believes in?

What an odd set of standards.  (Unless, of course, the ideal woman in your eyes is a compliant sort who thinks only of her own beauty.)

Covfefe
Capsicle
Infantroopen
Renoversh
Conducking

At least Harris uses English.  It's a nice step up.

And yet…

“The poll's more startling finding comes in a hypothetical 2024 matchup between Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris. When pitted against one another, Trump opens up a double-digit lead, besting Harris 49% to 38%.”

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Trump-defeats-Harris-in-poll-17039248.php

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

And yet…

“The poll's more startling finding comes in a hypothetical 2024 matchup between Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris. When pitted against one another, Trump opens up a double-digit lead, besting Harris 49% to 38%.”

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Trump-defeats-Harris-in-poll-17039248.php

Is that right? It's true that a disturbing number of Americans would choose a traitorous, grifting, lying, narcissistic, conniving crook over a black women as our President? Wowser. How does your black friend feel about that?

13 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Is that right? It's true that a disturbing number of Americans would choose a traitorous, grifting, lying, narcissistic, conniving crook over a black women as our President? Wowser. How does your black friend feel about that?

I think folks are starting to reminisce about days of economic prosperity, secure borders, cheep gas and relative peace.  Given the disaster of the current administration, mean tweets don’t seem so bad now.

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I think folks are starting to reminisce about days of economic prosperity, secure borders, cheep gas and relative peace.  Given the disaster of the current administration, mean tweets don’t seem so bad now.

It's like you start every day by pecking through your shell.

(edited)
53 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Always find it humorous how the left seems to think their favorite politician doesn't also fit the above description.

Are you able to shoehorn Biden or Harris into that description? If you can, are you arguing it would be to the same degree as Trump?

Edited by JoeWeber

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I can't shoehorn any of them into that description other than the net worth numbers before and after entering office.

https://ballotpedia.org/Changes_in_Net_Worth_of_U.S._Senators_and_Representatives_(Personal_Gain_Index)

2014? I won't spend much time with it. But what is the point and how does it make a point? Unless you deep dive into what each persons increase in wealth is derived from it's a useless exercise. Unless your presumption is fraud only.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

What disaster?

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

Always find it humorous how the left seems to think their favorite politician doesn't also fit the above description.

Always find it humorous how the right seems to think Trump did nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jakee said:

What disaster?

Didn't you read the opinion piece he linked??

It was chock full of how disastrous the Biden administration (Harris in particular) has been.

Besides her not terribly great ability to speak 'off the cuff', she has taken over the 'border crisis' and seen it increase "exponentially". That's it. No other mention of her work. 
Comments disabled, and a clear statement at the top that it's just the opinion of the author, not the publisher.

And since the only place where the 'border crisis' even exists is in the Alt-Right imagination, it's pretty clear what it is.