2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

5 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Now the previous POTUS has been asked what he would do if he were still President:

'Well what I would do, is I would -- we would -- we have tremendous military capability. And what we can do without planes, to be honest with you, without 44-year-old jets, what we can do is enormous, and we should be doing it and we should be helping them to survive and they’re doing an amazing job,' he said.

And in the past he has been very clear about how nuclear weapons should be used by the US.

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are.  Nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?  But when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about
another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

See?  He would have taken control of the situation and ensured that everyone knew he had good genes like his uncle at MIT.

11 hours ago, billvon said:

And in the past he has been very clear about how nuclear weapons should be used by the US.

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are.  Nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?  But when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about
another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

See?  He would have taken control of the situation and ensured that everyone knew he had good genes like his uncle at MIT.

I remember that, I believe it was his response to a question about the nuclear triad. It was obvious he had no idea what the nuclear triad was let alone how to modernize it.  Unable to dazzle with his brilliance he resorted to baffling with bullshit 

The hits just keep coming 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/kamala-harris-national-security-adviser-resigns/

“McEldowney is the 10th key official to depart Harris’ office since this past June, along with director of digital strategies Rajun Kaur, director of advance Karly Satkowiak, deputy director of advance Gabrielle DeFranceschi, communications director Ashley Etienne, chief spokesperson Symone Sanders, director of press operations Peter Velz, deputy director of public engagement Vince Evans, speechwriting director Kate Childs Graham and deputy press secretary Sabrina Singh.”

On 3/11/2022 at 3:19 PM, TriGirl said:

Since I can't tell if Bigfalls is kidding (tone does not come through on a post), and no one else is addressing this, I feel the need to speak up.  Brent, please do stop.  Seriously?  Putting the words of a TEENAGED BEAUTY CONTESTANT into the mouth of Vice President of the United States?  Wow.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamala-harris-word-salad-white-house-event-jamaican-prime-minister-andrew-holness

Is there really a difference?

26 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I guess it'll be a bit more trouble the next time you claim you aren't getting your facts from Fox News.

So long as they are facts, it would seem irrelevant where they come from in this case. It's not as though 'the Post' would publish anything that embarrasses their narratives. Feel free to dispute that any of those quotes are accurate.

55 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I guess it'll be a bit more trouble the next time you claim you aren't getting your facts from Fox News.

Are you saying this was some sort of deep fake right wing conspiracy.  Or will you actually concede Harris is no less vapid than a teenage beauty queen?

17 minutes ago, metalslug said:

So long as they are facts, it would seem irrelevant where they come from in this case. It's not as though 'the Post' would publish anything that embarrasses their narratives. Feel free to dispute that any of those quotes are accurate.

Nope, I'll concede that the quotes are accurate. And to be a sport I am doing it without any attempt at verification.

(edited)
43 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Are you saying this was some sort of deep fake right wing conspiracy.  Or will you actually concede Harris is no less vapid than a teenage beauty queen?

I reject the denigrating bit comparing of her to a beauty queen; in other words an airhead bimbo or whatever is the real definition behind your usage. She's vastly more than that. I am simply not concerned about her as you seem to be. Kamala Harris made Biden's presidency a reality and for that I'm grateful. As all things political are quid pro quo's I am happy to forgive her propensity to speak in word salads, or Farsi for that matter, in exchange for Trump not being our President anymore. 

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 1

(edited)
10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I reject the denigrating bit comparing of her to a beauty queen; in other words an airhead bimbo or whatever is the real definition behind your usage. She's vastly more than that. I am simply not concerned about her as you seem to be. Kamala Harris made Biden's presidency a reality and for that I'm grateful. As all things political are quid pro quo's I am happy to forgive her propensity to speak in word salads, or Farsi for that matter, in exchange for Trump not being our President anymore. 

I reject calling a child who is just trying her best to impress some judges an airhead bimbo.  The VP should be held to a higher standard. Here is Kamala in her own words,

"We also recognize just as it has been in the United States, for Jamaica, one of the issues that has been presented as an issue that is economic in the way of its impact has been the pandemic," Harris said. "So to that end, we are announcing today also that we will assist Jamaica in COVID recovery by assisting in terms of the recovery efforts in Jamaica that have been essential to, I believe, what is necessary to strengthen not only the issue of public health but also the economy."

Edited by brenthutch

21 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I reject calling a child who is just trying her best to impress some judges an airhead bimbo.  

What child are you talking about? The beauty queen being referenced in this thread was an adult, able to vote, join the military, get married without parental permission, be executed for capital crimes - the whole deal.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I reject calling a child who is just trying her best to impress some judges an airhead bimbo.  The VP should be held to a higher standard. Here is Kamala in her own words,

"We also recognize just as it has been in the United States, for Jamaica, one of the issues that has been presented as an issue that is economic in the way of its impact has been the pandemic," Harris said. "So to that end, we are announcing today also that we will assist Jamaica in COVID recovery by assisting in terms of the recovery efforts in Jamaica that have been essential to, I believe, what is necessary to strengthen not only the issue of public health but also the economy."

Great. Fine. What do you propose we do? March on the Capitol and overturn the election?