2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Thanks for quoting your source. For sure if a rent-a-cop has her figured out that's good by me.

That's pretty authoritative.  I mean, a rent-a-cop is no trucker, and certainly no comedian-pro-wrestling-commentator-turned-conservative-hero, but it still makes you think "wow, those are words."

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It’s “ginned up” and the following is from one of her security detail, not FOX News.

“she simply lacks the integrity and temperament to serve in the office,

From the bottom of my soul I know this to be true. And with Hillary’s latest rise, I realize that her own leadership style — volcanic, impulsive, enabled by sycophants, and disdainful of the rules set for everyone else — hasn’t changed a bit.”

If not from FOX it perfectly describes the GOP with the exception of the members that voted to impeach trump.

Are you sure you're not mixing up your "Truth Social" feed from your FOX feed?

“Clinton, then 61, was in the State Department basement on her way to meet President Obama when she took a spill — and ended up in the hospital for an operation to repair her shattered right elbow.

“We sort of got the last laugh. It was kind of like payback: You’re treating us like s–t. Hey karma is a bitch! We were smiling to ourselves,” the agent told The Post on Wednesday.”

https://nypost.com/2016/10/19/hillary-clintons-security-detail-laughed-when-she-broke-her-elbow/

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“Clinton, then 61, was in the State Department basement on her way to meet President Obama when she took a spill — and ended up in the hospital for an operation to repair her shattered right elbow.

“We sort of got the last laugh. It was kind of like payback: You’re treating us like s–t. Hey karma is a bitch! We were smiling to ourselves,” the agent told The Post on Wednesday.”

Ah!  So this authoritatve source was not just a rent-a-cop, it was a rent-a-cop who looked forward to serious injuries in the people he protected.  Heck, if he sexually assaults a few women and bankrupts his security company, he could be the next GOP presidential nominee.

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://nypost.com/2016/10/19/hillary-clintons-security-detail-laughed-when-she-broke-her-elbow/

Love how you post this after complaining that calling the secret service rent-a-cop isn't classy. The security detail hated Clinton and loved Trump. You think that says something about the candidates. I happen to think it says a lot more about the secret service.

14 minutes ago, billvon said:

Ah!  So this authoritatve source was not just a rent-a-cop, it was a rent-a-cop who looked forward to serious injuries in the people he protected.  Heck, if he sexually assaults a few women and bankrupts his security company, he could be the next GOP presidential nominee.

Akin to an instructor who has a student injured while under their care. Then ridicules and laughs at the injured student. Perhaps the poster knows a DZ like that.

6 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Akin to an instructor who has a student injured while under their care. Then ridicules and laughs at the injured student. Perhaps the poster knows a DZ like that.

Yep.

If you are a rent-a-cop who exults when the people under your protection are seriously injured . . .
If you are a doctor who is very happy to hear that one of your patients has died . . . 
If you are a skydiving instructor who laughs when someone you taught goes in . . .
If you are a midwife who loves to hear about stillborn babies . . .

You might be in the wrong field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.

If you are a rent-a-cop who exults when the people under your protection are seriously injured . . .
If you are a doctor who is very happy to hear that one of your patients has died . . . 
If you are a skydiving instructor who laughs when someone you taught goes in . . .
If you are a midwife who loves to hear about stillborn babies . . .

You might be in the wrong field.

Or a politician who insults half of the country 

She actually said this,

“So, Ukraine is a country in Europe," Harris explains while speaking slowly. “It exists next to another country called Russia,” she continued. “Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong”

It has been reported on social media that she went on to say

“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so that we ill be able to build up our future for our children.”

35 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

She actually said this,

“So, Ukraine is a country in Europe," Harris explains while speaking slowly. “It exists next to another country called Russia,” she continued. “Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong”

It has been reported on social media that she went on to say

“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so that we ill be able to build up our future for our children.”

It seems that politicians like to talk and they keep on talking even when they have nothing to say and end up saying things that make no sense.

They don't seem to know when to stop talking.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 2:48 AM, billvon said:

That's pretty authoritative.  I mean, a rent-a-cop is no trucker, and certainly no comedian-pro-wrestling-commentator-turned-conservative-hero, but it still makes you think "wow, those are words."

Well, so long we're being acerbic; that rent-a-cop's profile and opinion from their personal experience (likely including some very candid settings) is no less valid than the folks who post in this forum. A security agent's job is to protect their charge however they can, perhaps even sliding in under them at super-speed to catch a doomed elbow, but they're not obliged to like the charge or the detail.

44 minutes ago, metalslug said:

Well, so long we're being acerbic; that rent-a-cop's profile and opinion from their personal experience (likely including some very candid settings) is no less valid than the folks who post in this forum.

That's a pretty low bar! 

But I agree.  I'd take his opinion of Kamala Harris about as seriously as I'd take BrentHutch's.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

If this administration was really serious about offering some sort of olive branch I think they should send someone of more import.

Pretty sure Trump would have sent Jared Kushner, so let’s just be thankful we dodged that bullet, eh?

37 minutes ago, airdvr said:

No  Like maybe a statesperson who carries some weight.  Too bad Thatcher or Reagan isn't available.

If the last people you deem acceptable are both from the ‘80s it seem unfair to pick on Harris specifically.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

No  Like maybe a statesperson who carries some weight.  Too bad Thatcher or Reagan isn't available.

I'm often baffled. It's not so bad because it fills in the downtime. I read through the thread hoping to unbaffle my silly self but remain unclear as to just where we are sending VP Harris. Now I do get it that some here wouldn't send her to 5 Guy's for a bag of burgers. I get that. I once sent my niece and it took like forever and the fries were cold. So count me in. Also, I don't think there were 5 Guy's when Reagan was around so it must be somewhere else. 

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm often baffled. It's not so bad because it fills in the downtime. I read through the thread hoping to unbaffle my silly self but remain unclear as to just where we are sending VP Harris. Now I do get it that some here wouldn't send her to 5 Guy's for a bag of burgers. I get that. I once sent my niece and it took like forever and the fries were cold. So count me in. Also, I don't think there were 5 Guy's when Reagan was around so it must be somewhere else. 

Hi Joe,

Where is Churchill when we need him.

Jerry Baumchen

27 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Well, they didn't need him at Gallipoli. 

Hi Joe,

IMO we all make mistakes that, as we age, we wish we had not.

It's membership in the I'm not Perfect Club.

I do think that Churchill is considered the greatest statemen of the 20th century. *

Jerry Baumchen

* I consider him so.