2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

https://nypost.com/2022/02/21/kamala-harris-slammed-for-word-salad-response-to-ukraine-russia-questions/

Q.  What do you get when ethnicity and gender outweigh competence and experience.

A.  “I mean, listen, guys, we’re talking about the potential for war in Europe, I mean, let’s really take a moment to understand the significance of what we’re talking about, It’s been over 70 years. And through those 70 years … there has been peace and security. We are talking about the real possibility of war in Europe.”

She must have forgotten about Czechoslovakia, Hungry, Georgia, Kosovo, Crimea and eastern Ukraine  

She is more of an embarrassment than her boss.

Edited by brenthutch

25 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Trump claims army 'took over airports' in 1775

Is that due to ethnicity and gender too, or is that only when a female POC does it?

"I am not a racist, I have a black friend"

Well look guys, it’s like totally lame that Putin is invading U-Crain or whatever and that is like, you know, totally bogus.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://nypost.com/2022/02/21/kamala-harris-slammed-for-word-salad-response-to-ukraine-russia-questions/

Q.  What do you get when ethnicity and gender outweigh competence and experience.

A.  “I mean, listen, guys, we’re talking about the potential for war in Europe, I mean, let’s really take a moment to understand the significance of what we’re talking about, It’s been over 70 years. And through those 70 years … there has been peace and security. We are talking about the real possibility of war in Europe.”

She must have forgotten about Czechoslovakia, Hungry, Georgia, Kosovo, Crimea and eastern Ukraine  

She is more of an embarrassment than her boss.

What happened with Hungry? Did they run out of burgers or something?

And I recall Dubya thinking 3 Brazilian was a huge number...

Edited by obelixtim

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Covfefe

I am again grateful for twitter for keeping our last president's account active long enough to get him out of office.  If his handlers had managed to keep a lid on his semi-coherent ramblings, we might have been stuck with the dumb sonofabitch for another four years.

Having said that, it does not make his replacements one iota better.  If you have to compare someone to him in order for them to look more competent, they are definitively fucked up.

I can think of a long list of candidates that check the same demographic boxes as Harris, but are better qualified for the Oval Office by any measure.

Oddly enough, I think the incumbent is at least as dishonest as was his predecessor.  The previous guy said whatever crossed his mind without any kind of filter, with fact and fiction being simply abstractions.

The incumbent, OTOH, has a track record of academic dishonesty, plagiarism and active misrepresentation that stretch back through his whole career.

I'd be hard pressed to say who I find more loathsome, since each is beneath contempt in his own way.

The Mormon who ran some time back would likely have been our best bet for averting the bankruptcy of the US of A.  The previous officeholder has an unfortunate track record of profiting from the bankruptcy of the organizations he headed, and the U.S. Government is just another example.  The incumbent is mathematically illiterate.

One down side of electing people whose success has depended on a complete lack of integrity.  Telling them that dishonesty is bad kinda rings hollow when it has been their stock in trade, and it has gotten them this far.

Jimmy Carter is a wonderful guy, but was badly suited for the presidency.  He was no less naïve than Ford, but both were as honest as you could hope for - Ford truly was an Eagle Scout, and lived his life by the Scout Oath.

Ronald Reagan would have done well to study basic Accounting, History and  Machiavelli.  He didn't seem to grasp the fact the motivation determines the outcome, and that tasking wealthy people to do noble things with an influx of currency is not likely to work without carefully crafted caveats.  The reference to Machiavelli is that, while people wail and moan about 'greed,' a competent politician will treat it as a force of nature and harness it the way a sailor uses the wind.

All this being said, Harris is an idiot.

BSBD,

Winsor

3 hours ago, Stumpy said:

There it is - the dumbest thing you'll read all year.

Wrong

44 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh no.

Its only February.

There's plenty of opportunity to top that.

Mistaken

32 minutes ago, DougH said:

The hits will just keep coming, as long as certain accounts remain active.

Misplaced

30 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Or until nobody responds to them.

SC is so fortunate to have a contributor far more intelligent than any US President. More learned and scholarly than any tenured professor in any college. Who is so willing to share his unbiased views on every subject. Especially race relations and equality.

As Wendy would suggest debate the message.....oh hell.... Professor John may be right again.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I care about competency and experience, she was chosen by the Biden team for her gender and ethnicity.  Identity politics is a game of the left.

You simply don't believe that a female POC could be selected for ability. She either slept her way to the top, or she is selected due to identity politics. 

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

Palin, Trump, Green there are plenty of idiots on both sides.  Unfortunately the ones in charge right now are the idiots with a D next to their name.

Can you link me to a post where you were upset about the gender identity politics of Palin's selection? I mean, it quite possibly cost your side the election. You must have been pretty upset about it. Should be easy to find.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You simply don't believe that a female POC could be selected for ability. She either slept her way to the top, or she is selected due to identity politics. 

It sure wasn’t for her political acumen.

Edited by brenthutch

17 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Can you link me to a post where you were upset about the gender identity politics of Palin's selection? I mean, it quite possibly cost your side the election. You must have been pretty upset about it. Should be easy to find.

Can you find an example of where I supported her?  There was plenty of Palin bashing (justified) on this forum, I didn’t have anything to add.  If I felt differently you would have known.