Blue240

Contact Information

I recently purchased a rig from a gentleman and have had trouble contacting him. I paid him for the container and reserve and he said he shipped it. Two weeks have passed now and he has stopped replying to my emails. He seems genuine and not a scam. It just seems to be a communication error. If anyone can help me get in contact with username Mark Stevens that would be great. Attached is the original add which is now taken down.

Do you have other pictures of the rig - particularly the cutaway or the front of the rig (any embroidery on the ring covers / mudflaps/ whatever they're called)...

That looks like an old team rig from that era...and I know of at least one from said team hanging out in FL, presently, that looks exactly the same.

Blue240

photos are attached. He also included serial numbers for both the container and reserve.
container SN: 24684
reserve SN: 029336

You might try contacting the manufacturers to see if they might provide the original buyer's name and start tracking the ownership from there. That might tell you if it was ever stolen or who was the last owner and possible "seller".
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

"said he shipped it" I sold mine to a person in Ireland from SoCal. Gave him the tracking # and we both tracked it all the way to customs in Ireland. Tracking #'s are a good thing. ;)

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Iago

***Damn...sorry brother. The U.S. woman's team at the time was synchronicity...same kit, different folks. Good luck.

If I remember right, Doug's wife was on Synchronicity and I think he did some coaching or something.

It wouldn't be Doug himself, though. He probably sold it to someone else post-team.

I'll see if I can contact Doug

This isn't my first time buying off here and I haven't had any troubles. I usually do get the tracking number and have asked for it several times but no replies to my email. I was definitley careless with this transaction. When he was messaging me he sent me a ton of detail; more than anyone else has in the past. Numerous photos with very detailed information about condition and measurements. He used skydiving terms like BOC. I still do not believe it is a scam and just a communication error. I will try to contact the manufacturer as stated above. And thanks for all the help so far.