skymama

STOLEN GEAR: Aerodyne complete new rig 9/15/2015

Saw this on Facebook. Please contact Sandy Bobo at Aerodyne if you have any info. She posted:

Stolen Gear: Please be on the look out for suspect gear sales. The photos attached are of gear that was stolen after being delivered to an empty apartment in New York. In addition to the Pilot and Icon, there was a Smart 150 reserve. All of the gear is brand new - never assembled and packed.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Why wouldn't this be sent with signature required, and ID verification?

I can't tell if they got screwed on a delivery being nabbed by a third party, or someone ordered up stock gear with a stolen credit card?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

Why wouldn't this be sent with signature required, and ID verification?

I can't tell if they got screwed on a delivery being nabbed by a third party, or someone ordered up stock gear with a stolen credit card?

Some people request them not to make it signature required.

Sandy said the recipient didn't advice them of the address change until after the rig was already shipped. I think it was NYC.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

faulk04

***Why wouldn't this be sent with signature required, and ID verification?

Some people request them not to make it signature required.

If they request that, then they assume the risk, and I think its a STUPID risk to take with $3000-$4000 gear. Come on people. Don't be stupid. :|

sounds pretty obvious to me that it was a setup using stolen card numbers to buy gear. Can't say I haven't seen that exact plot play out a few times before with non skydiving gear. Now they have a $4000 rig that they can sell for half price and still have $2000 more than when they started.