kallend

Troll Feeding Works.

IMO Brent can start as many threads as he wants. His responses in his Global Warming threads was and still is trolling.Probably hard core trolling. But with respect to other threads he has started and participated in, not so. Or at least limited.

winsor has single-handily kept woke on the go but he is not a troll. I find his endless response to that issue tiresome. But its others here that have enjoyed such discourse.

I give Brent an endless hard time and as long as he is demonstrating some basis in fact. Some basis in reasonable thought behind his engagement. I'd say its discourse.

Its a mistake to confuse tiresome right wing ideologues with trolling.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

To be fair SC has its fair share of tiresome left wing ideologues.  But the exchange of ideas is what makes it worthwhile.

Do we now? Maybe the Mod's will rule that your listing a few would constitute education and not personal attacks.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Do we now? Maybe the Mod's will rule that your listing a few would constitute education and not personal attacks.

They need to to nothing more than taking a gander in the nearest mirror.;)

Edited by brenthutch

11 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Kinda why the right wing platforms are struggling  - the trolls only like it when there are people to troll

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/03/28/trumpists-admit-that-their-own-social-media-platforms-arent-much-fun-when-they-cant-use-them-to-own-the-libs/

Then perhaps... without folks like myself, brent, winsor, &  whoever..  then members here might experience the same echo chamber monotone. xD

• Like 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, metalslug said:

Then perhaps... without folks like myself, brent, winsor, &  whoever..  then members here might experience the same echo chamber monotone. xD

My god, we’d only be able to talk to people who actually read their own sources. What torture.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, metalslug said:

Fixed it for you.

?? Of course people read their own sources.  By definition.  Once you read it, it's your source.

It is odd that so many people here don't even do that. They Google something (say, "the climate is not warming") and post the first link they see - without reading it.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

?? Of course people read their own sources.  By definition.  Once you read it, it's your source.

Allow me to spell it out then; I had 'corrected' it to read as "people who only read their own sources", as in the context of exclusively referencing typically biased media sources who decline to publish anything that disturbs a left (or right) world view narrative;
Righties: "The lefties are only reading left-wing biased media."
Lefties: "Not true! I read widely from sources A, B, C, D ...."
Righties: "Really? The you've missed this factual event reported in source C" 
Lefties:  <silence>

To be fair, both sides do this, so neither can be sanctimonious about it. There are regular news events that would make lefty politics feel awkward to discuss that never make it into SC, it's rather surprising that the 'trolling' is actually so limited considering the abundance of available material. It's then also automatic that none of these events would be posted by the lefties themselves as they are likely never even reported in their focused media of choice.

1 hour ago, metalslug said:

Allow me to spell it out then; I had 'corrected' it to read as "people who only read their own sources"

Which is also true of everyone.  No one reads a source that is not a source for them.  By definition.

I think you meant "people who only read sources that I consider to be right wing or left wing" and no doubt many people do that.  But keep in mind that a great many people get their information from both, and/or from sources that are orthogonal to a left/right bias (as many foreign news sources are.)

4 hours ago, metalslug said:

Nothing that hasn't already been covered by previous posts, unless it helps you if I add a "So what ?"

Uhh no. Let me put it in you terms.

You: Why did you believe them when they said X but not Y?

Me: They never said X and neither did I.

You: <silence>

Its a bit rich when someone who doesn’t read his own sources complains about other people not reading more sources.

• Like 2