2 2
sundevil777

Cookie G35 helmet, was this ever actually sold?

https://jediairwear.co.uk/2022/02/g35-cookie-helmet/

I came upon this while wandering gear sites, looks like some interesting features that might be good for photographers and tunnel flyers.  It certainly looks like a new design in many ways such as the front chin vent, but can't find info on the cookie website or elsewhere.  I don't remember this being introduced, wondering if it had a very short life on the market or what?  

On 2/9/2022 at 11:33 AM, sundevil777 said:

Thanks for finding that.

Perhaps the Jedi folks didn't comply with a requested announcement date from Cookie.  Some find it hard to keep a secret.

Either Jedi jumped the gun, or Cookie was late, or maybe they mixed up time zones!

Soon there will be all manner of super custom doohickeys for the removable parts, or are they already out there?

The price is more reasonable than I expected.

Its up on a few sites now, and I'm told it'll be up on Cookie's site by end of March.  But essentially its to fill the gap that they can't meet with the impact rated G4.  Attaching ANYTHING to the G4 voids its impact rating.  The G35 gives them the ability to provide a helmet that people can attach things to, as many skydivers do, without the impact rating. 

I kept my old G3 which has a roller mount and cutaway on it just for that, so maybe I'll sell it and get one of these instead. After getting used to the G4, I don't really like the G3 as much! I like the snug G4 fit now. 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:06 AM, Travman said:

Its up on a few sites now, and I'm told it'll be up on Cookie's site by end of March.  But essentially its to fill the gap that they can't meet with the impact rated G4.  Attaching ANYTHING to the G4 voids its impact rating.  The G35 gives them the ability to provide a helmet that people can attach things to, as many skydivers do, without the impact rating. 

I kept my old G3 which has a roller mount and cutaway on it just for that, so maybe I'll sell it and get one of these instead. After getting used to the G4, I don't really like the G3 as much! I like the snug G4 fit now. 

As most are aware, the G35 has been released. I believe they're running a size small so definitely try before you buy. Beside a sticky mount and maybe a chin mount, I doubt you'll be seeing any aftermarket mounting options for this helmet other than Cookie's integrated camera mount. The design of the helmet will significantly limit mounting option due to the design that incorporates the top plate and unseen helmet features below the top plate.

Got mine a few weeks ago, took it to the tunnel and gave it it's first flight.

As mentioned above, it is a bit tighter than I expected. I had my head measured several times so I know I ordered correct off the chart, but would have ordered one size larger if I had known. Once I'm in the tunnel I don't even notice, it feels great. I think as the padding breaks in it will be better.

This replaced my Fuel, I haven't owned a full face before so not a lot to compare to. 

It's light weight, great visibility. The visor is tight, a fair amount of force needed to pull it forward to open, and it makes an ear-ringing bang when it closes. Glad I wear ear plugs.

All in all I'm really happy with it, and such a big improvement over the open face helmet in the tunnel!

I ordered white with a purple top plate, and I have purple tunnel plates on backorder.

Excuse the goofy look in the photo, I had just got home from work and saw the package waiting, was excited to try it on.

20220715_171316.thumb.jpg.8f8f1dbd1214289fd801c2e196df0a3e.jpg