1 1
brenthutch

Joe Rogan

1 hour ago, yoink said:

That THIS is what you think CRT is about is delusional.

How about this. Do you think everyone should be treated the same in the eyes of the law, regardless of race or gender? A simple yes or no, please.

Equal rights, equal responsibilities.

No more, no less 

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

No, it was because of anti-vaccine misinformation...try to keep up.

Wrong…as usual 

“Thanks to this insultingly low opinion of the average American, leftists want to silence Rogan not because his views are unquestionably wrong or objectively dangerous but because they want their ideas to reign supreme, and the easiest way to do that is to silence competing claims….They want to control what Rogan can say because they want to control what we think.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/01/the-real-reason-they-want-to-cancel-joe-rogan/

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Wrong…as usual 

“Thanks to this insultingly low opinion of the average American, leftists want to silence Rogan not because his views are unquestionably wrong or objectively dangerous but because they want their ideas to reign supreme, and the easiest way to do that is to silence competing claims….They want to control what Rogan can say because they want to control what we think.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/01/the-real-reason-they-want-to-cancel-joe-rogan/

Looks like The National Review does a good job telling you what to think.

This is the same publication that advocated for invading all Muslim countries, killing their leaders and converting them all to Christianity.

They also happily posted content by Epstein's publicist, until they got caught.

If that is what you want to be associated with.....

40 minutes ago, winsor said:

Equal rights, equal responsibilities.

No more, no less 

So that’s a yes to my question - Should everyone be treated equally in the eyes of the law? 

This isn’t a trick. It’s a simple question that you don’t seem to be willing to answer because you know that if you say yes then you’re arguing FOR one of the main points of critical race theory.

28 minutes ago, yoink said:

So that’s a yes to my question - Should everyone be treated equally in the eyes of the law? 

This isn’t a trick. It’s a simple question that you don’t seem to be willing to answer because you know that if you say yes then you’re arguing FOR one of the main points of critical race theory.

Bullshit.  CRT is all about race, coming and going, and seeks 'equity' to the detriment of equality.

Put lipstick on a pig and call it Betty Sue and all that.

Edited by winsor

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

How about “the left wants to control the narrative”?

Pause and re-read it. Cause what I read is that Joe Rogan can tell you what to think.

I'll give you my opinion of Rogan. He started talking one day and a couple of people heard what he said, so he started to say it louder and those two begat two more, who begat four, who begat eight until one day he had a Limbaugh type following not because what he said was right, but because it was popular. And then, some dumbass sees this and says, "I'm gonna give Rogan a 150 million dollar contract," not because he's right, but because he's popular, which only validates Rogan to himself and so he gets louder.

Hmmm.. maybe he can tell you what to think. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Pause and re-read it. Cause what I read is that Joe Rogan can tell you what to think.

I'll give you my opinion of Rogan. He started talking one day and a couple of people heard what he said, so he started to say it louder and those two begat two more, who begat four, who begat eight until one day he had a Limbaugh type following not because what he said was right, but because it was popular. And then, some dumbass sees this and says, "I'm gonna give Rogan a 150 million dollar contract," not because he's right, but because he's popular, which only validates Rogan to himself and so he gets louder.

Hmmm.. maybe he can tell you what to think. 

Joe Rogan just interviews folks, sometimes with opposing views.  If you have some time listen to the Koonin interview, then listen to the Dessler interview and tell me who comes across as more credible?  It is the very “loudness” a.k.a popularity that upsets the left.  When Dessler was asked why he went on Rogan’s podcast, he responded “He’s very controversial, I understand that. But his audience is too large”.  Did you catch that? “Too large”

So just who determines what is “right” and what is “too large”?

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Joe Rogan just interviews folks, sometimes with opposing views.  If you have some time listen to the Koonin interview, then listen to the Dessler interview and tell me who comes across as more credible?  It is the very “loudness” a.k.a popularity that upsets the left.  When Dessler was asked why he went on Rogan’s podcast, he responded “He’s very controversial, I understand that. But his audience is too large”.  Did you catch that? “Too large”

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, who both suffered with polio, removed their music from Spotify because of Rogan's anti-vaccine statements regarding Covid-19.

But they were lying, it's because leftist lizard people want to control your thoughts right?

Just now, olofscience said:

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, who both suffered with polio, removed their music from Spotify because of Rogan's anti-vaccine statements regarding Covid-19.

But they were lying, it's because leftist lizard people want to control your thoughts right?

You are conflating two geriatric Canadians with the larger left.  A rookie mistake.

37 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Clearly nobody. Were you not able to listen to Joe Rogan? I guess it is upsetting he removed the episodes in which he uses the N-word for some.

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You are conflating two geriatric Canadians with the larger left.  A rookie mistake.

I'm part of the larger left. I cancelled my Spotify subscription because of the antivaxx controversy.

I've never even heard of the Joe Rogan episodes you linked, nor the interviewees.

But yes, stay scared. We're out to control your thoughts!

29 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

If you have some time listen to the Koonin interview, then listen to the Dessler interview and tell me who comes across as more credible?

I listened to him for about eight minutes once (which was about four minutes longer than I gave Limbaugh). That's about all I could handle. His position on covid was so very wrong and perpetuated some really bad information to a "large audience." He is irresponsible.    

8 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I listened to him for about eight minutes once (which was about four minutes longer than I gave Limbaugh). That's about all I could handle. His position on covid was so very wrong and perpetuated some really bad information to a "large audience." He is irresponsible.    

The Koonin (Obama’s former science advisor) interview was about climate change not covid.

Edited by brenthutch

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The Koonin (Obama’s former science advisor) interview was about climate change not covid.

I know who Koonin and Dessler are, but I also know who Joe Rogan is and choose not to give it any time. 

17 minutes ago, olofscience said:

I've never even heard of the Joe Rogan episodes you linked, nor the interviewees.

Best selling author Steve Koonin 

“Now, one of America's most distinguished scientists is clearing away the fog to explain what science really says (and doesn't say) about our changing climate. In Unsettled: What Climate Science Tells Us, What It Doesn't, and Why It Matters, Steven Koonin draws upon his decades of experience—including as a top science advisor to the Obama administration—to provide up-to-date insights and expert perspective free from political agendas.  

Fascinating, clear-headed, and full of surprises, this book gives readers the tools to both understand the climate issue and be savvier consumers of science media in general. Koonin takes readers behind the headlines to the more nuanced science itself, showing us where it comes from and guiding us through the implications of the evidence. He dispels popular myths and unveils little-known truths: despite a dramatic rise in greenhouse gas”

29 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I know who Koonin and Dessler are, but I also know who Joe Rogan is and choose not to give it any time. 

Than you can’t be helped :(

That’s like….”Obama is being interviewed…but it is on FOX so I’m not going to listen”

Edited by brenthutch

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

He is irresponsible. 

This has always been the crux of the criticism for JR - yes he brings on "both sides" as guests, but he does so completely uncritically. Bringing on an Astronaut and a Flat-Earther and giving them both a platform and equal airtime with no pushback or accountability lends credibility where it doesn't belong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

This has always been the crux of the criticism for JR - yes he brings on "both sides" as guests, but he does so completely uncritically. Bringing on an Astronaut and a Flat-Earther and giving them both a platform and equal airtime with no pushback or accountability lends credibility where it doesn't belong.

He lets his audience make that determination.