wmw999

Chuck Akers for Gulf Conference Director

OK, I haven't done this before, but it's time. The Gulf Conference has had a series of directors that, while active and interested in their sphere, just haven't been the kind of people who get around and meet everyone, and listen to them, and 'splain stuff, and occasionally yell. I think USPA needs more of that, and I think Chuck is very capable of all that.

Our previous director had to reign due to work issues interfering with doing the job -- I have a whole lot of respect for his recognizing that, and not just failing to show up for the final year. I also understand I think why the BOD chose who they did for his replacement -- someone else intensely interested in student instruction, and willing to work on that.

But I think it's time for someone noisy, and not necessarily quietly competent. Chuck is eminently competent, but he's not always quiet :ph34r:

He's been a DZO, instructor of all flavors, but now he's purely a fun jumper, who organizes loads for all levels, and who's willing to travel in the conference.

Thanks for your attention.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

OK, I haven't done this before, but it's time. The Gulf Conference has had a series of directors that, while active and interested in their sphere, just haven't been the kind of people who get around and meet everyone, and listen to them, and 'splain stuff, and occasionally yell. I think USPA needs more of that, and I think Chuck is very capable of all that.

Our previous director had to reign due to work issues interfering with doing the job -- I have a whole lot of respect for his recognizing that, and not just failing to show up for the final year. I also understand I think why the BOD chose who they did for his replacement -- someone else intensely interested in student instruction, and willing to work on that.

But I think it's time for someone noisy, and not necessarily quietly competent. Chuck is eminently competent, but he's not always quiet :ph34r:

He's been a DZO, instructor of all flavors, but now he's purely a fun jumper, who organizes loads for all levels, and who's willing to travel in the conference.

Thanks for your attention.

Wendy P.

Wendy,

I'm the current Mountain Region Director and I can say that both Chuck and DJ are fine choices and both are very qualified. I will say in the end, and it was a tough choice, I supported DJ and still do. His conduct on the Board has been balanced and inspiring. I know for a fact that he has the best interest of the region and I've seen him fight for it :) It's going to be an interesting campaign... :)
Ray Lallo
USPA Mountain Region Director