mik

People who have paid for ALL of their jumps

I was wondering about those who never been paid to jump, so excluding all the instructors / staff at DZs... People who have paid for every one of their jumps (perhaps excluding a tandem jump of it was a gift etc). How many jumps do you have?

And feel free to post the total amount you have paid for jumps (at today's prices charged by your local dz). Perhaps in USD for ease of comparison.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Coming up on 400 now, having started in July of 2012.

I'd guesstimate neighborhood of 11 grand on non-coach jumps. AFF and coach jumps were somewhat more expensive. I've also spent a similar amount in equipment since I started.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

my total for 145 jumps has now exceeded £10k, this includes my AFF course, all my own gear, reserve repacks, canopy courses, etc etc

ive made a blog about it all, www.digidude.co.uk (admin sorry if link not allowed) the blog needs updating with my last 15 jumps, as well as a new canopy added to the costs page
www.digidude.co.uk << my skydiving blog.

billvon

Probably paid for about half of my jumps. (At ~6100 now.) Costs have ranged from $5 hop and pops from 2500 to $300 or so a jump (bigger record attempts.)

I'd sell me own granny for $5 hop and pops. Just sayin'. If anyone's got a plane and is in the market for a slightly used granny.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

My wife doesn't hang out here. She's too busy at her dialysis nursing job making enough money to pay for her 2000 or so jumps. All paid cash.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Coming up on 100 jumps. Paid for all. When I get a coach rating I will continue to pay for my jumps. I have the good fortune to be a a Drop Zone where I have benefited from the experience of those around me at no cost to me and I figure that I have a lot of pay forward ahead of me.:)

I paid about $300,000usd for one jump.

Did that come with a free pack job?

3300 jumps. ~$65,000 US (2.3 million Thai Baht, roughly. That really makes it sound like I'm a playah.)
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Yeah, my husband doesn't hang out here, either. His ~3000 jumps were all paid for with money.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

For me, skydiving is a want, not a need, so no purchases related to skydiving (including gear) ever go on a credit card unless we can pay them off at the end of the month. This has worked well for my budget for 15 years, not so much for my jump numbers. For my first 10 years of skydiving, most of my "fun" money went to raising kids. These last few years have been just as difficult on my jump numbers because we have two jumpers in the household.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

912 jumps in nearly 10 years = $22,800

I became a full time CRW dawg 5 years ago and my airtime to $ spent ratio went way up.

What can't be measured in $ are the: experiences, friendships and memories I have with my fellow dawgs. And that's what makes it all worth it to me.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

All I can say is that it adds up quick. It's a sport, entertainment, finding peace, and a social activity.

My rationalization--however misguided it may be-- is that at the end of the financial day it's not too bad compared to doing all those things separately. Also my alternatives would be flying a plane or perhaps sailing which also add up.

I printed out my account a while back at the DZ and it was more money than I thought but a steal for all the fun I've had and friends I've made. Tunnel and jump trips add up quick too.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

FlyingRhenquest

I'd sell me own granny for $5 hop and pops. Just sayin'. If anyone's got a plane and is in the market for a slightly used granny.

I made a lot of hop and pops for $2 to $2.50, but it has been a while. Of my 4000+ jumps, maybe 10 were free slots for spotting/putting out freefall students (not AFF).

1700+ bought and paid for,,,
I'm not adding that up, no way...also I travel a bit too, so factoring in that and it's a not so small fortune:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

grimmie

I paid about $300,000usd for one jump. My first at my own DZ:P

What an idiot.B|

but it has paid better returns financially than any of my jumps:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've probably paid for 2300 of my 2400 jumps. Some free demos, and a few other odd free ones. Your poll is probably too exclusionary given the "ALL" aspect of it. If you have been jumping a while, it is unlikely you haven't gotten a free one, one way or another, along the way.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Maybe I am being my typical dick self, but I don't know why it even matters.

I paid for all of my jumps before getting my tandem rating. Now I put sweat, and recently a broken ankle :| into my work jumps, and that helps pay for fun jumps.

5,000 jumps paid for by a person that is really well to do, or 5,000 jumps that a mix of jumps with students, and fun jumps.

They are both 5,000 jumps! They are both important to the person whose log book is keeping track of them. :)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P