kuai43

Vikings/Lions game - bandit or planned?

Looks like the game almost had to be cancelled according to USA Today as the parachuter almost took out the entire team.

If that is the case, I'm sure a bunch of teams could use him on defense.

edit-- This report says it was planned. Not used to seeing landing sideline to sideline. :|

And it is Frog-X demo team.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

We were jumping at nearby Skydive Twin Cities today but many experienced jumpers grounded themselves due to strong squirrely winds. In fact, the winds got squirrely around kickoff time.

Although some continued to jump, others sat down. I guess I'd characterize the winds as marginal. My guess would be that these winds may have contributed to this event.

That being said, I'd hardly qualify this as an incident. ;)

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

From the link:

The Vikings decided to incorporate a parachute jumper into the team's pregame routine for Sunday's home opener, which sounds good in theory, AS LONG AS THE PARACHUTE JUMPER ISN'T TAKING OUT MEMBERS OF THE OTHER TEAM.

How do we know that wasn't part of the Vikings plan?:|

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I wish there was more video of the approach! Did he actually set up to land sideline to sideline, or did he get bumped around in some squirrely and get forced to land that way?

If he set up and planned that landing, then that's piss poor planning and execution. If however he was doing what ever he had to do to save his ass....then so be it, we all know shit happens sometimes

justme12001

I wish there was more video of the approach! Did he actually set up to land sideline to sideline, or did he get bumped around in some squirrely and get forced to land that way?

If he set up and planned that landing, then that's piss poor planning and execution. If however he was doing what ever he had to do to save his ass....then so be it, we all know shit happens sometimes

The FB page said "JC carves it on in."
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

It looks like the team is using Lightnings as canopies. Those are one of the worst landing canopies out there and I am not aware of any other team that is using those for accuracy landing demos. They tend to need some speed to get good landings since they are designed more for canopy formations then they are landing.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Local here. If the Vikings want to send to California to hire some demo team when we have quite a few experienced demo jumpers locally, then they got what they paid for.

Winds were really goofy that day, probably not a great choice to go ahead with that demo at that time.

However, if 4 guys want to do demos and make a go at it, more power to them. It's not easy to get into any more. This particular demo won't help the cause.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

PhreeZone

It looks like the team is using Lightnings as canopies. Those are one of the worst landing canopies out there and I am not aware of any other team that is using those for accuracy landing demos. They tend to need some speed to get good landings since they are designed more for canopy formations then they are landing.

Lightnings are available in "demo trim", which lands quite a bit better than the usual bigway trim.

The only reason to use Lightning's would be (IMHO) if you're planning CRW. For a CRW Demo, I'd rather be on Storms.

Bill is right. This demo is going to make it really hard to book any local events for a while. But, as stated up-thread, This is a non-incident blown out of proportion.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."