2 2
kallend

"Legitimate political discourse"

A mob of  Trump’s supporters stormed the US Capitol complex, brutalizing police officers and sending lawmakers into hiding. Nine people died in connection with the attack and more than 150 officers were injured.

The GOP's RNC just passed a resolution without discussion and almost without dissent, calling it "legitimate political discourse".

Has the GOP gone mad?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Wait...are they discarding the narrative that it was a false-flag operation by Antifa???:$

?? No.  They can claim both things at the same time.  I mean, look at all the climate change deniers who regularly say "The Earth is NOT WARMING!  Warming ended in 1998!" and "Of course the earth is warming naturally like it always has!"  To them there's no contradiction there.

3 hours ago, kallend said:

A mob of  Trump’s supporters stormed the US Capitol complex, brutalizing police officers and sending lawmakers into hiding. Nine people died in connection with the attack and more than 150 officers were injured.

The GOP's RNC just passed a resolution without discussion and almost without dissent, calling it "legitimate political discourse".

Has the GOP gone mad?

Hi John,

In a word:  Yes

Jerry Baumchen

17 hours ago, kallend said:

Has the GOP gone mad?

“The right to petition government for redress of grievances is the right to make a complaint to, or seek the assistance of, one's government, without fear of punishment or reprisals”

On 2/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, winsor said:

Turns out the biggest rabble rousers were FBI ( not 'antifa') plants.  Surprise, surprise.

So the right is easily led astray and can't think for themselves. Johnny did it first type of defense. Isn't that the exact opposite of what you claim to stand for?

Or are you claiming that all of them were FBI plants? :rofl:

On 2/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, winsor said:

Turns out the biggest rabble rousers were FBI ( not 'antifa') plants.  Surprise, surprise.

"It is a glorious day for freedom in America!"
"What?  Not so much?  Well, there was no violence."
"OK so there was violence - but it was Antifa!  No, it was BLM for sure!  No?  No one is buying that?  Well . . . it was the FBI!  Yeah, that's it."

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

So the right is easily led astray and can't think for themselves. Johnny did it first type of defense. Isn't that the exact opposite of what you claim to stand for?

Or are you claiming that all of them were FBI plants? :rofl:

Could you point to what I 'claim to stand for?'  I don't seem to recall making such a claim.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:17 PM, lippy said:

They made a calculation that this was the right play politically….I REALLY hope that they calculated wrong, for the sake of the country that I had to work to become a citizen of. 

Not all work is rewarded. Look at Kinzinger and Cheney. They worked on the Jan. 6th committee to defend the constitution and instead got it up the A$$ from the GOP.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:56 AM, winsor said:

The massive burden must weigh heavy on your White shoulders. The  FBI, minorities, ANTIFA, all out to woke you over.

58 minutes ago, kallend said:

I find it truly baffling that so few Republican pols have the balls to stand up to Trump and his lies.

They all KNOW that he's a lying con-man but very few are willing to say as much.

Perhaps they consider it the baseline within the beltway so they focus on other things.

Again, I contend that accusing Trump of lying is giving him credit for knowing the difference, or even what constitutes 'truth' by any measure.  It seems that he simply blurts out whatever crosses his mind without any filter.

4 hours ago, winsor said:

Perhaps they consider it the baseline within the beltway so they focus on other things.

Again, I contend that accusing Trump of lying is giving him credit for knowing the difference, or even what constitutes 'truth' by any measure.  It seems that he simply blurts out whatever crosses his mind without any filter.

Hi winsor,

On this, we agree.  

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  As for John's wondering why they continue to follow/support Trump:  IMO it is nothing more than wanting to keep their jobs.

5 hours ago, kallend said:

I find it truly baffling that so few Republican pols have the balls to stand up to Trump and his lies.

They all KNOW that he's a lying con-man but very few are willing to say as much.

I think we are witnessing what it was like at the beginning of some of the tyrannical regimes of the 20th Century.  You say they lack the balls to stand up.  I say they know what is happening and don't want to miss out.  It looks (for now) like they failed.

Hi folks,

Mitch McConnell takes another swipe at Trump:  “It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next,”

McConnell rebukes RNC for calling Jan. 6 ‘legitimate political discourse,’ censuring Cheney and Kinzinger - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

31 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Mitch McConnell takes another swipe at Trump:  “It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next,”

McConnell rebukes RNC for calling Jan. 6 ‘legitimate political discourse,’ censuring Cheney and Kinzinger - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

He's still an asshole.

• Like 3