2 2
brenthutch

2000 Mules 2020 election fraud

7 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Stumpy,

First, I never said that you cannot be successful in another country.

My thinking is that mostly, because this country has laws and talent to truly create big, successful businesses.  Think of Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos & the myriad hi-tech/computer companies that have created the richest men ( so far no woman that I know of ) in the world.  With the one exception, Carlos Slim in Mexico that was the richest man in the world for a while, a few years ago.

Obviously, companies like German-based Volkswagen are very large & very successful. 

However, I still say that the best odds of being successful in business are having that business right here.  And, this country's tax structure seems to support that thinking.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry - thanks, wasn't contradicting you, just curious on your thinking.

My first company was bought by a US tech fast mover which I then became a director of - my view was that there wasn't inherently anything easier/ better about doing business in the US, but what it did have was scale - we had topped out in our market in NZ because its only tiny.

My view is the odds of being successful are actually lower - (way more competitors, especially big ones) but the potential rewards are higher. I lucked out and sold to the right buyer so exited that business twice.

Sorry - digressed there.

16 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Hey Jerry - thanks, wasn't contradicting you, just curious on your thinking.

My first company was bought by a US tech fast mover which I then became a director of - my view was that there wasn't inherently anything easier/ better about doing business in the US, but what it did have was scale - we had topped out in our market in NZ because its only tiny.

My view is the odds of being successful are actually lower - (way more competitors, especially big ones) but the potential rewards are higher. I lucked out and sold to the right buyer so exited that business twice.

Sorry - digressed there.

Hi Stumpy,

Not one thing to be sorry about.  IMO civil discourse is always good.

Jerry Baumchen

Thoughts and prayers for the "evidence" behind "2000 Mules":

True the Vote, the right-wing group whose alleged data formed the basis of the election conspiracy theorist documentary "2,000 Mules," told a court it doesn't have any records to support its claims of extensive voter fraud in Georgia, reported The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Wednesday.

Election truthers admit in court they don't have evidence for Georgia voter fraud: report

9 hours ago, ryoder said:

Thoughts and prayers for the "evidence" behind "2000 Mules":

True the Vote, the right-wing group whose alleged data formed the basis of the election conspiracy theorist documentary "2,000 Mules," told a court it doesn't have any records to support its claims of extensive voter fraud in Georgia, reported The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Wednesday.

Election truthers admit in court they don't have evidence for Georgia voter fraud: report

Trumpists lied?  Oh the Humanity!

46 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trumpists lied?  Oh the Humanity!

Isn't is funny how they bang on and on about having proof of voter fraud, but then when presented with the opportunity to provide it in court, all of a sudden it's:

"The dog ate my homework!"

47 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Isn't is funny how they bang on and on about having proof of voter fraud, but then when presented with the opportunity to provide it in court, all of a sudden it's:

"The dog ate my homework!"

They really want to go back to the days when "people like them" were automatically believed. Unlike, of course, lesser forms of humanity. Used to be those "lesser forms" were visible by their skin color, now it's political affiliation. But it's OK, skin color is often taken as an indicator of political affiliation.

Wendy P.

34 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

They really want to go back to the days when "people like them" were automatically believed. Unlike, of course, lesser forms of humanity. Used to be those "lesser forms" were visible by their skin color, now it's political affiliation. But it's OK, skin color is often taken as an indicator of political affiliation.

Wendy P.

Marrginally on-topic.  I'm often asked why I still have a British "Oxbridge" accent when I've lived most of my life in the USA.  The answer is that it gives almost automatic credibility.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kallend said:

Marrginally on-topic.  I'm often asked why I still have a British "Oxbridge" accent when I've lived most of my life in the USA.  The answer is that it gives almost automatic credibility.

By reverting to my backwoods Southern accent I get people to underestimate me.  The Jeff Foxworthy effect.