sundevil777

Why is a tunnel jumpsuit not so good for skydiving?

Please help me understand why a suit which is specifically marketed as an indoor suit might not be so great for skydiving.  Used suits designed for the tunnel might be a good deal if it fits my desire to have something relatively tight instead of my belly suits for the occasional freakflying experiments.  Is it a matter of durability, grippers? Thank you.

(edited)
On 2/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, sundevil777 said:

Please help me understand why a suit which is specifically marketed as an indoor suit might not be so great for skydiving.  Used suits designed for the tunnel might be a good deal if it fits my desire to have something relatively tight instead of my belly suits for the occasional freakflying experiments.  Is it a matter of durability, grippers? Thank you.

110% pure speculation - the mfg sees less liability in tunnels than in the sky??

(added: watching this thread myself as I would like to see an educated answer to the OP)

Edited by fcajump

One thought is the crotch. If it has booties, the tow to crotch measurement is kind of critical. The leg straps pull the crotch up tight and the length to the tow must make the booty tight. In a tunnel that can be based off the shoulder and the crotch can just float where ever it winds up. So the measurements can key off different things.

This is just a guess.

Lee