2 2
brenthutch

Canada, what’s up?

20 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

But that stuff wasn't in Ottawa. It was over a thousand miles away in Coutts AB. A place a lot like the front range of CO. 

There are allot of rednecks in Alberta, with lessor amounts in each of Sask and even lessor in Manitoba.

"The Canadian Anti-Hate Network identified patches on one of the vests as belonging to an emerging right-wing militia network known as Diagolon. According to CAHN the group — which has chapters across the country — believes a violent revolution is coming and is necessary to dismantle the current system.

CAHN says Diagolon and its associated white slash across a black background is a reference to a future country made up of the remaining "sane" portions of North America between Alaska and Florida. The group also has posted pictures with members displaying a diagonal arm gesture across their bodies."

Who would have thought there were people like Ron in Canada!

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.png

No it's not the corner of Brent's basement. But "Four protesters in Alberta have been charged with conspiracy to murder, police said, in relation to a plan to use violence if police officers tried to break up a blockade in Coutts,"

. Based upon this seizure the Canadian minister for safety justified the imposition of the previously unused 'Emergency Powers act". He stated that even the protestors in Ottawa were "terrorists" based upon this group from Alberta. From an interview yesterday when asked why the Liberal government had enacted this act.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The far majority of those firearms are unrestricted. You are allowed to transport unrestricted firearms for any reason as long as they are unloaded. Assuming of course they are legally owned to begin with.

The two pistols are restricted and have much stricter transportation restrictions (again if legally owned) and will be near impossible to defend having at the protest.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Who would have thought there were people like Ron in Canada!

To be fair to Ron, he’s peacefully and patiently waiting in GA for SHTF. These asshats were out trying to instigate it

*EDIT a typo

Edited by lippy

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The far majority of those firearms are unrestricted. You are allowed to transport unrestricted firearms for any reason as long as they are unloaded. Assuming of course they are legally owned to begin with.

The two pistols are restricted and have much stricter transportation restrictions (again if legally owned) and will be near impossible to defend having at the protest.

Agree most are unrestricted. So as long as those in possession had the appropriate license its not an issue.

"Body Armour Control Act in June 2012. The Act requires anyone acquiring body armour to obtain a permit unless they are exempted (e.g., police officers). Anyone already possessing body armour was required to obtain a permit by December 15, 2012, or dispose of the body armour. After this initial six-month period, the possession of body armour without a permit became a chargeable offence."

There are no restrictions in some other provinces for armor.

There are a couple AR style weapons which currently cannot be transported, or sold in Canada. They along with the handguns will present some problems for those in possession of them. The current Liberal government has "banned them". Which currently means they can't be sold and presumably there is going to be a national buyout program like Australia.

To be fair, I don’t think we have any rabidly pro-second-amendment activists active in SC these days. We have in the past.

So let’s not call people out. We do have contrarians. Being a contrarian to me means that you’re depending on someone else to define you — a weak position. 

Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Agree most are unrestricted. So as long as those in possession had the appropriate license its not an issue.

"Body Armour Control Act in June 2012. The Act requires anyone acquiring body armour to obtain a permit unless they are exempted (e.g., police officers). Anyone already possessing body armour was required to obtain a permit by December 15, 2012, or dispose of the body armour. After this initial six-month period, the possession of body armour without a permit became a chargeable offence."

There are no restrictions in some other provinces for armor.

There are a couple AR style weapons which currently cannot be transported, or sold in Canada. They along with the handguns will present some problems for those in possession of them. The current Liberal government has "banned them". Which currently means they can't be sold and presumably there is going to be a national buyout program like Australia.

That act was written after a few B.C. gang-bangers shot a few other B.C. gang-bangers. Some of those gang-bangers had armored vests and armored SUVs. Since the police did want to be out-gunned or out-armored, they banned armor for ordinary civilians.

We wonder if they have ever issued armor permits for diplomats or corporate CEOs????????

Just now, riggerrob said:

That act was written after a few B.C. gang-bangers shot a few other B.C. gang-bangers. Some of those gang-bangers had armored vests and armored SUVs. Since the police did want to be out-gunned or out-armored, they banned armor for ordinary civilians.

We wonder if they have ever issued armor permits for diplomats or corporate CEOs????????

That act is in Alberta. In BC body armour is legal if you have a PAL or RPAL.

54 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

I'll heard it eliminated gang banging in B.C. Not

Like politicians in the US "gun laws" have been promised to eliminate "gun crimes". Currently you can get a "hit" done for $5000 CDN, $3940 USD in the lower mainland of B.C.

I have to insist that the Mod's lock this thread. If more discussion of dissidents, radicals and "truckers" is allowed. We won't be able to mock US problems and the far right GOP types that give cause to those problems. What will happen to our high ground? Our Canadian disdain for everything American?

• Like 2

My Pillow nutbar and company truck denied entry into Canada to join the trucker protest. Not understanding what spurned the protest led to them not being eligible for entry.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/my-pillows-mike-lindell-barred-from-entering-canada-to-support-convoy-protestors

Edited by SkyDekker

36 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

My Pillow nutbar and company truck denied entry into Canada to join the trucker protest. Not understanding what spurned the protest led to them not being eligible for entry.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/my-pillows-mike-lindell-barred-from-entering-canada-to-support-convoy-protestors

I believe the emergency orders also specifically provide that entry into Canada to support the protesters is not allowed.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, gowlerk said:

I believe the emergency orders also specifically provide that entry into Canada to support the protesters is not allowed.

Dear gowlerk,

That reminds me of the 2011 Stanley Cup (hockey) riots in Vancouver. One of my co-workers was driving a #20 bus towards downtown when a bunch of rowdy young men tried to board his bus. When he asked where they were going, they replied "To the riot downtown."

He slammed the door in their faces!

Hah!

Hah!

A few minutes later, all buses were told to short-turn before they reached downtown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riggerrob said:

Dear gowlerk,

That reminds me of the 2011 Stanley Cup (hockey) riots in Vancouver. One of my co-workers was driving a #20 bus towards downtown when a bunch of rowdy young men tried to board his bus. When he asked where they were going, they replied "To the riot downtown."

Hah!

Hah!

A few minutes later, all buses were told to short-turn before they reached downtown.

In 1993 I was tying down my plane at St. Hubert when the line boy asked me who I favored in the game.

"What game?"

"The Stanley Cup."

"Who's playing?"

"Montreal and <somebody else>"

"I hope Montreal wins!"

"Great!"

At maybe 11 PM there was no doubt who won.  People wore their batteries down honking their horns, and Rue St. Catherine was a shambles, with broken store windows, overturned police cars and the like.

Montreal fans make those in Boston and Philadelphia look like amateurs.

BSBD,

Winsor

1 hour ago, riggerrob said:

Dear gowlerk,

Hah!

Hah!

Canada has come so far in the last 20 years. Why just yesterday Canadian women showed complete dominance of the US in Olympic hockey. Nobody rioted because it was only the Canadian national expectation. Not even a celebration.

Previously when the Canadian men's soccer team kicked US A$$ at the end of January. Solidifying Canada's qualification into the world cup. No riots, no celebrations.

So Canadian.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Adult child in Canada decides he is speshul and doesn't need to follow the rules.

It's hard to believe that Canada still has problems with public health after all those guys drove their trucks in circles and honked their horns a lot.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:41 PM, ryoder said:

Adult child in Canada decides he is speshul and doesn't need to follow the rules.

ETA: More info and video: https://westernstandardonline.com/2022/02/watch-snowboarder-arrested-by-security-for-not-wearing-mask/

Snowboarders! They started causing trouble in the 80's and still cause trouble today.

On 2/16/2022 at 3:29 PM, wmw999 said:

To be fair, I don’t think we have any rabidly pro-second-amendment activists active in SC these days. We have in the past.

So let’s not call people out. We do have contrarians. Being a contrarian to me means that you’re depending on someone else to define you — a weak position. 

Wendy P. 

Somewhat expansively definitional, methinks. We have thoughtful, reasonable Second Amendment activists like BIGUN and loose cannons like Mrs. Weber's middle child but we also have the never give an inch types who see sensibility in polka dotted AR-Fifteenie's being marketed to kid's at the school bake sale.