2 2
brenthutch

Canada, what’s up?

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Personally I think he should mingle as much as possible with all those truckers clogging up Ottawa streets and looting soup kitchens.  In disguise of course.

I don't know; Last time he went in disguise, he took a lot of flack for it:

justin-trudeau-brownface.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

In isolation with COVID. I agree it would be much better if he put his security detail at risk and have them drive him around.

Thats the story the CBC puts out every time he wants to avoid parliaments question period. He's fully vaccinated and has had covid, what, 20 times!

5 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Thats the story the CBC puts out every time he wants to avoid parliaments question period. He's fully vaccinated and has had covid, what, 20 times!

I am only aware of him having COVID once. Can you share any other times he has stated he has COVID?

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

My bad. He has gone into quarantine several times. It also works to avoid question period.

How do you figure that? House has been in a hybrid format with many members attending through zoom almost since the start of the pandemic.

At least use talking points that are routed in fact. otherwise you are starting to sound like trucker who demands to be allowed to enter Canada from a country he isn't allowed to be in to begin with.

44 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

How do you figure that? House has been in a hybrid format with many members attending through zoom almost since the start of the pandemic.

At least use talking points that are routed in fact. otherwise you are starting to sound like trucker who demands to be allowed to enter Canada from a country he isn't allowed to be in to begin with.

Trudeau has acted exactly like the conservative party has. Painted the idiot protestors as violent, extremists to pander to the wider Canadian liberal base. The actions of a few at the war memorial, the cenotaph, and the Terry Fox memorial. were painted by him to be the acts of the entirety of the protestors. He stated "Canadians won't be intimidated". There have been no arrests, no violence, no vandalism to speak of. So where is the intimidation?

His partisanship is solely to paint the liberals as the protectors of Canada's health. They are not. Certainty the conservatives are acting just as bad in meeting with the protestors. Sympathizing with their freedoms from getting vaccinated. Especially when the US requires vaccinations.  Their own trucking association doesn't support them.

Perhaps bombastic rhetoric appeals to yourself. It doesn't to most Canadians.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Like these guys 

image.jpeg.87de31fd5d089204b60962684a3d0e17.jpeg
Canada meet your Yellow Vests

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Trudeau has acted exactly like the conservative party has. Painted the idiot protestors as violent, extremists to pander to the wider Canadian liberal base. The actions of a few at the war memorial, the cenotaph, and the Terry Fox memorial. were painted by him to be the acts of the entirety of the protestors. He stated "Canadians won't be intimidated". There have been no arrests, no violence, no vandalism to speak of. So where is the intimidation?

His partisanship is solely to paint the liberals as the protectors of Canada's health. They are not. Certainty the conservatives are acting just as bad in meeting with the protestors. Sympathizing with their freedoms from getting vaccinated. Especially when the US requires vaccinations.  Their own trucking association doesn't support them.

Perhaps bombastic rhetoric appeals to yourself. It doesn't to most Canadians.

Which has nothing to do with using COVID quarantine to avoid Question Period, which was your assertion.

I was in Ottawa this past weekend, stayed at the Chateau Laurier to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. Unfortunately this was planned before these protests were announced. Regardless, I saw it all first hand. I am not a Trudeau fan by any stretch, but he was correct in his statement based on what I witnessed being there.

Were you there?

Edited by SkyDekker

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

They are now threatening to use the Canadian military against their own citizens.

Hard to believe that there are any problems remaining in Canada after all those trucks drove around and around in circles!  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Kind of like how the US military was used to clear out a park for a photo op?

Wendy P.

“There is only one problem with this narrative, which received wall-to-wall coverage on outrage-addled cable news shows and was pasted on the front pages of newspapers across the country: An independent investigation by the inspector general of the Interior Department has concluded it wasn’t true.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-photo-op-church-wasn-t-why-lafayette-square-was-ncna1270502

So…no, Wendy, not like that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“There is only one problem with this narrative, which received wall-to-wall coverage on outrage-addled cable news shows and was pasted on the front pages of newspapers across the country: An independent investigation by the inspector general of the Interior Department has concluded it wasn’t true.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-photo-op-church-wasn-t-why-lafayette-square-was-ncna1270502

So…no, Wendy, not like that.

Right. Bill Barr just urged the plans to be executed earlier once Trump decided he wanted a photo op. So, plans that were made for a different reason were executed earlier to facilitate a photo op.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

WTF? Is ours unavailable? More Ukraine fallout, I reckon.

I don't understand why they don't just start arresting and impounding one by one. A show of force and as soon as it got serious most of them will melt away.

30 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I don't understand why they don't just start arresting and impounding one by one. A show of force and as soon as it got serious most of them will melt away.

Why doesn’t Trudeau just ask them to disperse in person?  Canadians are notoriously polite, if he just said “please” I’m sure they would end their strike.

Until then

On 2/3/2022 at 8:42 AM, brenthutch said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/02/truck-convoy-blockade-canada-covid

They are now threatening to use the Canadian military against their own citizens.

The truckers would have several days advance notice. Peacekeeping/training forces from overseas would have to come home first. Because as everyone knows there are no armed forces in country right now. Two hundred are in Ukraine and the other 500 in Latvia.

• Like 1