bfelt

Anyone know of a 337 for single seat belts for a cessna?

bfelt

I'm looking to change the 2 attachment belts to one's that are in an otter (single attachment seat belts). Has anyone done this?

I have a C182 where I added one tag-line seatbelt for the forwardmost jumper, but left the two section belt installed (so the two section belt could be used normally with the seat installed.) It was done as a Minor Alteration with a logbook entry and Weight and Balance change.

Best for you would be to contact someone who has done a replacement on an airplane like you have.

(Just to add some doubt in everyone's mind about doing this, it has been suggested that the seatbelt attachment points in a C182 are not rated for the full load of a person, but only half the load, being normally used for one side of a two belt system.)

Clear as mud, you ask? Yes, this stuff is difficult to figure out sometimes.

You will also get more info if you ask on one of the Diver Driver Facebook pages.

Paul Fayard has done this.
His set up used a quick release cargo ring the attach to the Douglas style seat/cargo track. This is the track found in King Airs, Caravans and Twin Otters.
Basically the cargo ring was cut so that the two seatbelt halves could be inserted and then the ring was welded closed again. (Sorry, no pictures)
The couple jump mods that I did used a variation of this by using seat belts that had the clip hook at the attach end. This way you don't have to worry about welding and retaining the strength of the original ring. (If your not familiar with this it is a snap hook that can be ordered as the attach end from the manufacture. It has a small hole at the clip to insert a cotter pin so that the hook doesn't release).
The two planes I did were N7581F and N2000E. $15 and a request to OK City will get you all the records on file so you actually can have a hard copy of the 337.
NOTE: The seat belts were not on a stand alone 337, but were part of the larger configuration change 337 to carry more people, i.e. Jumpers.

I'm assuming when you say "otter" that you mean a Twin Otter?

It should have the seat track in it, unless they've been removed.

Or are you looking to attach the belts to the side wall?

Seat track / cargo track are the same thing, just as a note.n

Edited to add:
Just looked on Aircraft Spruce's web site and they sell the Brownline seat track at $78.95/ 4' section.

totter

I'm assuming when you say "otter" that you mean a Twin Otter?

It should have the seat track in it, unless they've been removed.

Or are you looking to attach the belts to the side wall?

Seat track / cargo track are the same thing, just as a note.n

Edited to add:
Just looked on Aircraft Spruce's web site and they sell the Brownline seat track at $78.95/ 4' section.

He's talking about adding the Twin Otter style skydiving seat belts (one point attachments) to a Cessna.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

This is exactly what I want to do to our Cessna 182 for the forward jumper (and the other jumpers too). Did you have to do a 337 for the full load question for the seat belt attachment point? Our other seat belt attachment points are the same, being in the floor. The Minor Alteration is a 337 - what tail number did you do this on?

thanks
Seven Hills Skydivers of Madison, WI