toronto_bill

Instructor skill set -> list for resume

Hey does anyone have a good list of the skill set for Instructors?

I am back looking for work and feel i have under sold the full range of attributes/skills in regards to my instructing on my resume.

"Responsible for teaching all life saving skills, and theory seminars, coaching in air and ground, refining of skills, equipment advice"

thanks for any suggestions or links.

Bill

Resume is being used for a pretty wide range of jobs. I'm not expert in any one field, but am junior to intermediate in quite a few.

The skill set does imply a hefty amount of responsibility,critical thinking, and people skills, So, it should apply to many jobs a may seek.

I haven't jumped in two yrs due to a nagging shoulder injury. Its okay now, but right arm would have a tough time reaching high enough for a toggle. i'm 50 and after 3000+ jumps, i realize my time may be up for the sport. hehe. Not really regretful, I had my fun...time for the young ones to have a chance..hehe.

finances are at critical levels, so I am looking at almost anything close to home with semi flexible hours.

post office might be the first i apply for as the outdoors even in Canadian winter would be preferable to an inside office job supervised by a control freak..hehe

>"able to build coherent, effective, and succinct lesson plans."

Aha! I see you've also worked with Instructors that figured if they spent most of the class time explaining what a fantastic skydiver they were, then it would somehow translate into good student performance. ;)

Thread drift....

rmarshall234

>"able to build coherent, effective, and succinct lesson plans."

Aha! I see you've also worked with Instructors that figured if they spent most of the class time explaining what a fantastic skydiver they were, then it would somehow translate into good student performance. ;)

Thread drift....

And the better instructors have the patience to "say again" 20 or more times until the lesson sinks.
The best instructors observe whether their lesson is sinking in and modify their approach (auditory, visual, experiential, tactile, etc.) to match the students' learning style.

Excellent timing on this thread as I am also updating my resume as I transfer within the same company.