aki95

Sabre 1 150 vs Sabre 2 150

the Sabre one is a true rectangle. the Saber two is a slightly tapered semi-elliptical . sabre one known for fast occasionally hard openings. sabre two noted for slower softer but never f****** on heading openings.;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

the Sabre one is a true rectangle. the Saber two is a slightly tapered semi-elliptical . sabre one known for fast occasionally hard openings. sabre two noted for slower softer but never f****** on heading openings.;)

True story. Also, ignore the guys talking semi-eliptical for your jumps bullshit. The ones who you jump with and your S&TA should be who consult regarding canopy downsizing. I fly a Sabre2 150. The openings are not on heading, but she does the job, and is quite soft for my old bones.
Muff #5048

So, I downsized from a spectre 170 to a Sabre 1 150. I chose this canopy because I tried a sabre 1 170 and a Sabre 2 170, and really enjoyed the Sabre 1.

*My* experience with Sabre 1. I had a packer pack it with a modified pack job. It happened to be his canopy.

Opened swiftly compared to a spectre, but I made sure to really arch and deploy at my best position. It was 100% on heading, and the flare is lovely.
Skydiver Survivor; Battling Breast Cancer one jump at a time. DX June 19th 2014
I have been jumping since October 5th 2013.
https://pinkribbonskydiver.wordpress.com/

aki95

Hi,

i'm looking to downsize from my sabre2 170 to a 150... is there any difference in Sabre 1 and Sabre 2???

I currently jump a sabre1, and so does my girl. Mine has a slider pocket, she split rolls the nose of hers, so openings are buttery soft for both of us.

I previously jumped a Sabre2. For my next canopy I'll probably go back to jumping a Sabre2. Sabre1 is a perfectly fine canopy, but I enjoyed Sabre2's more because it is "sportier" for an ambiguous term describing flight characteristics.

petejones45

Nope. All around the sabre. Is better for your skill level the elliptical of the sabre two is too much for you

Doesn't Chicago (CSC) use Sabre2 canopies for their student gear? I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it's not uncommon to have a lightly loaded Sabre2 in a student kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKxMN8C3TtE

Bluhdow

Sabre1 w/ pocket slider. Best do-everything canopy out there.

Next question.

I had an H-mod sewn on my sabre 1. It not only slowed down the opening but I noticed the canopy had a slightly longer recovery from turns as well. Best 150 dollars ever spent on that canopy.

That said: I like my sabre 2's way better.

You really ought to add a picture of what an H-Mod is and who to contact IF someone actually wants to have it done. It's not a well known practice.

Here's a picture of it. It's the black triangles you see that are sewn to the nose at the load bearing ribs.

I've never seen one, but I know what they are.

A slider that is 2inches to 4 inches deeper will slow down any fast opening Saber(1). Why PD didn't just make it standard for that canopy, I've no Idea. You no longer have to cringe every time you throw the pilot chute.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto