jzzsxm

ETA on fun jumping resuming at the Palm DZ in Dubai?

Morning all -

I've had a trip planned to Dubai (almost exclusively to jump the Palm) for almost a year now and you can imagine my reaction when I heard about the plane crash and that they're currently closed to fun jumpers.

I'm doing my best to triage my trip right now - does anybody here know when they might start letting fun jumpers jump again or when they may get the plane repaired and flying again? I'm waiting on a response from the DZ but I just wanted to reach out to as many people as possible to try to figure this all out.

Thanks everybody :)

I was just planning to book a trip this January to Dubai for Palm Jumping, came here to see if anyone posted anything haha.

When is your trip supposed to be? I just got in touch with a friend there, apparently they are awaiting for airplanes to arrive now, one already has and is getting painted right now while no ETA on the other so far. That's all I could find out.

jzzsxm

when they may get the plane repaired and flying again?

did you see the pictures of the plane ? That should take a couple of days :o:o:o

But it is not the only plane on their fleet anyways...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

***when they may get the plane repaired and flying again?

did you see the pictures of the plane ? That should take a couple of days :o:o:o

But it is not the only plane on their fleet anyways...

They're down to 1 plane at the Palm and 1 plane at the desert. Not much space left for fun jumpers, especially at the Palm.

Kalrigan

I was just planning to book a trip this January to Dubai for Palm Jumping, came here to see if anyone posted anything haha.

When is your trip supposed to be? I just got in touch with a friend there, apparently they are awaiting for airplanes to arrive now, one already has and is getting painted right now while no ETA on the other so far. That's all I could find out.

I'd be flying out Friday (4 days from now) and be there for 2 weeks. Thanks SO much for checking, it means a lot, I really appreciate it. That's reassuring news - I'd be curious to know where they plan on sending that 1 plane, probably to the dessert would be my guess, but that's a pretty uneducated guess.

jzzsxm

***I was just planning to book a trip this January to Dubai for Palm Jumping, came here to see if anyone posted anything haha.

I'd be flying out Friday (4 days from now) and be there for 2 weeks. Thanks SO much for checking, it means a lot, I really appreciate it. That's reassuring news - I'd be curious to know where they plan on sending that 1 plane, probably to the dessert would be my guess, but that's a pretty uneducated guess.

Your guess is as good as mine man, I have no clue. They will probably base that decision on potential business to be honest. I'll see if I can get a bit more info in 2-3 days again. Maybe an update or anything at all.

Don't forget that this is Skydive Dubai and they are loaded. They had 2 plane crashes within a 6month period, both otters crashed.

They just bought 2 NEW otters AND a sherpa. Not sure when it's coming in, but from what I've heard ''soon''. Hope this helps.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Don't worry there jumping at the Palm!

Check the timings though through the web site, weekdays is 0800-1600. And on weekends (Friday-Saturday) it's 1000 - 1800/sunset.

They had the Otter running today along with a Helicopter which goes to 12/12500ft (at both DZ's). You need to be aware that when the temp reaches 40 deg's they shut down as well, a new safety rule implemented since the C208 crash.

As mentioned there are some new planes arriving, the sherpa will be based at the desert DZ due to the length of runway required. Loosing another plane has slowed down the turn around times, so expect long waits in between loads. The Palm today had reasonable wait times, the desert can get backed up due to students and the teams jumping mid week.

Hope this helps?

Oh and it's still really warm and humid here :(

At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!