TraceMalin

Professional Liability Insurance?

Hi, professionals! 

I can't seem to find any information about professional liability insurance for skydiving instructors, coaches, and jump masters in the USA. I was curious about what kind of liability insurance, if any, you professional skydivers carry. I'm a retired SCUBA instructor, and I had to carry at least $1 million worth of coverage every year during a 30-year career. I was watching some documentaries about skydiving and mountain climbing on Netflix this past week. Of course, they all ended with accidents or deaths and that got me thinking about what sort of coverage skydiving and climbing instructors have. Thought I'd ask. 

By the way, I made some jumps back in the 90's. but quit before I earned my A License. I'm thinking about going out the door again, but I'm scared of heights. Every jump felt like a car crash. Conversely, I made more than 7,500 dives and 1,000 cave dives and was never really scared - even with bull or tiger sharks cruising out of nowhere or when solo cave diving. I may summon the courage and pursue the goal of earning a license. I don't know. But, my question is purely academic and hopefully will not factor into any decision to exit an airplane again. :tongue:

(edited)
3 hours ago, TraceMalin said:

I can't seem to find any information about professional liability insurance for skydiving instructors, coaches, and jump masters in the USA.

As you probably guessed by now that would be because there is none required and none available. Other than the third party liability covering property damage that comes along with a USPA membership.

Edited by gowlerk