yuri_base

L/D Magic

L/D Magic is now FREE!!!

[inline AppleStore-EN.png]

The price for the app is now moved to the optional Flight Data Recorder in-app purchase, so that more people can try the app and see if it works for them or not. It's a very complex app I wrote to fulfill my vision, it's not a plug-and-forget, but rather a serious scientific instrument.

Examples of jumping with L/D Magic:

1. vimeo.com/132279770

2. vimeo.com/108428363

3. vimeo.com/108326309

It can be used EITHER on a pole/vane OR in pocket, but in latter case requires an external GPS for high quality signal and high sample rate. Currently, Dual XGPS150A (Bluetooth) and Emprum UltiMate GPS are supported at 5Hz. Other external units should work, too, but most likely only at 1Hz.

As I shifted my programming attention to cross-platform development in C# (while L/D Magic was written in Objective-C), it hasn't been updated in a while, but the update is coming with iOS8+ support, compatibility with 10Hz sample rate for Dual XGPS160, bug fixes, etc.

Any questions welcome.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Just checked the app on iOS 9... holy shit, Apple broke so many things! On 16:9 screen it shows the app as 3:2 3.5-inch app, with black bars on top and bottom. Trying to view Kalman Filter model descriptions or Help crashes the app. Fonts are messed up.

It feels embarrassing, as the app appears sloppy and buggy, but I poured infinite hours in it (3 years in making!) sweating every fucking pixel, and it was bug-free.

Sorry, folks, for the bad Apple. You can still download the app, but if you want to view Help and KF model descriptions, download the PDFs here:

LDMagic_1_0_1_Help_English.zip

I'll work extra hard to deliver the update ASAP. Stay tuned.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio