1 1
BASE Logbook

App for basejumping

Hey, guys! We've made an app to improve your basejumping experience. With "BASE Logbook" ("BASE Log" for iOS) you can manage your rigs, monitor weather at your exits, track your activity and autosend SOS-signal if it's not ok (in next updates)...

Android version

iOS version

We are still developing and improving the app, so you can find other useful features in future.

Please try it (it's freemium and without ads) and leave your feedback;)

Join us on Telegram!

What bugs me is even a cursory search of the internet would have showed you the name 'BASELog" is the name of a logbook I designed in 1989. You really should have used another name, or at least asked my permission first. Here is the first BASElog and I've sold around 100 of these over the years. And I know a few people still using them. 

NickDG :-)

BASE194

gffghghfgfgfghfgh.jpg

lkjldkjlkejljel.jpg

• Like 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, NickDG said:

What bugs me is even a cursory search of the internet would have showed you the name 'BASELog" is the name of a logbook I designed in 1989. You really should have used another name, or at least asked my permission first. Here is the first BASElog and I've sold around 100 of these over the years. And I know a few people still using them. 

NickDG :-)

BASE194

gffghghfgfgfghfgh.jpg

lkjldkjlkejljel.jpg

Sorry man. We have not found any information about your BASELog. But there are several different BASE logs on the Internet.

We don't see any legal reason to argue:)

We're doing a useful thing for basejumpers, as you are. We'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind us using that name.

Edited by BASE Logbook

(edited)
7 hours ago, kleggo said:

If you don't know what nps means, i'll just roll my eyes and decline your offer.

"manage my rigs"??? No one does that but me.  :-)

Try the app first. I’m sure you won’t be upset.

TomAiello is right. In Russia we haven’t ever heard about “NPS” (whatever it is).

Maybe “manage” is not the right word, sorry for my English. The app allows you not to “take care” of your riggs, but to know their “condition”: how many jumps you made with it, when you made the previous jump with it, what the object it was…

Edited by BASE Logbook

NPS is the National Park Service in the USA, which is a government organization that has spent considerable time (and taxpayer monies) chasing after BASE jumpers.  To people who've never had to deal with them, old school American jumpers may seem paranoid.  But to those of us who've had the pleasure, it honestly seems pretty warranted.  I know for certain (i.e. we had a phone conversation in which one admitted it) that NPS law enforcement employees have made logins on this forum to track jumpers, then followed links to videos to find sites to arrest jumpers.

• Like 1

(edited)

Yes, the “paranoia” is understandable... In our country there is no hunting, but basejumping is not the “calmest” thing either (5 or 11 days of arrest).

I understand very well how it may look like:), but I can only say that we are a small team from Russia, we are not interested to anyone. We have one practicing basejumper in our team. He does not really sit on the forums, so he would have announced the release of the application. Perhaps it would have aroused more confidence:)

Once again, man can use our app without any permissions. You can add photos and locations, but if you don’t want - no problem.

Maybe the community here can give us some advices how to improve the app or resolve problems we have.

There are also plenty of places all over the world where people can jump legally.

Edited by BASE Logbook

On 1/24/2022 at 11:20 PM, BASE Logbook said:

Try the app first. I’m sure you won’t be upset.

thank you.

I'm certainly not upset.

I just have no need for an app to do this.

I've sorted out my own processes in the past 40+ years.

Be well.

Craig

Edited by kleggo
  • Like 1

Hello.

Due to recent events we are unable to pay for servers to run the app for reasons beyond our control. Payments from Russia are not possible.

We ask you to save your data in case of a server outage.

If you have a desire and ability to take on support for the app, we can transfer all the source code and rights to it and provide access to the current infrastructure.

For communication you can use our Telegram chat or E-mail.