2 2
brenthutch

CRT in VA

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

OK, MAGAts, which is it?

This?

Florida advances DeSantis-backed ban on making white people feel 'discomfort' or 'guilt' from past racism

Or this?

trump-2024.png

Seems to me the former is the definition of "sensitive snowflakes".

The law is badly phrased, but it proscribes busting the balls of black kids for black communities having looted and burned down their own neighborhoods in times of trouble (Watts, Newark et al.) as much as it proscribes busting the balls of white kids for white communities having burned down black neighborhoods (Tulsa at least).

The amusement value afforded by Trump was limited at best.  I wish we could do better than any of the Bozos we elect, but the scum rises to the top.

BSBD,

Winsor

27 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

At first blush denial is indistinguishable from stupidity, and Woke is very much a disease of denial.

Since I see one version of racism as being no more or less evil than another, CRT by any name would smell as foul.

BSBD,

Winsor

• Like 1

Só let me get this straight — it’s perfectly OK to question the qualifications and route to power or wealth of women and minorities — just in the interests of fact. But questioning the qualifications and route to power of the people already ensconced (lighter in skin and greater testosterone) is getting into CRT and “privilege.”

Don’t you fucking understand that being born into a group that’s over-represented in the power structure is an advantage? Kind of like additional height if you’re a basketball player or political candidate. It’s completely unearned. That doesn’t mean you should deny it, just realize that it’s an advantage.

Wendy P. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Só let me get this straight — it’s perfectly OK to question the qualifications and route to power or wealth of women and minorities — just in the interests of fact. But questioning the qualifications and route to power of the people already ensconced (lighter in skin and greater testosterone) is getting into CRT and “privilege.”

Don’t you fucking understand that being born into a group that’s over-represented in the power structure is an advantage? Kind of like additional height if you’re a basketball player or political candidate. It’s completely unearned. That doesn’t mean you should deny it, just realize that it’s an advantage.

Wendy P. 

Where I draw the line is expecting an NBA player to be contrite because I'm short and uncoordinated.

That's fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

just realize that it’s an advantage.

17 minutes ago, winsor said:

Where I draw the line is expecting an NBA player to be contrite because I'm short and uncoordinated.

But if just the both of you showed up on the court; he would immediately know that he has an advantage on the court. Note: In his world. Get it?

(edited)
4 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

But if just the both of you showed up on the court; he would immediately know that he has an advantage on the court. Note: In his world. Get it?

So to address this inequity, every time the taller player scores his points would be redistributed.

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
7 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Maybe he believes that with a sufficient passage of time some tall person will ask him for help getting something off the bottom shelf thereby proving the point once and for all.

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 2

(edited)
19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:
23 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

So to address this inequity, every time the taller player scores his points would be redistributed.

Play Golf much? Ever run track? Ever been in the military and had to proctor a PT Test with men & women. It's not about redistribution; it's about recognizing "the advantage" overall. 

If Winsor showed up on a court, I'm fairly confident the NBA player would spot him a couple of points, give him a class on 3 point shots, how to pivot or check against taller people. 

ETA: Now, what if there were a law or rule that no one Winsor's height was allowed on a basketball court. 

Edited by BIGUN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, winsor said:

The law is badly phrased, but it proscribes busting the balls of black kids for black communities having looted and burned down their own neighborhoods in times of trouble (Watts, Newark et al.) as much as it proscribes busting the balls of white kids for white communities having burned down black neighborhoods

I'm pretty sure that black kids are not afraid of confronting their past. Unlike the lily white snowflakes of the valley.

4 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Play Golf much? Ever run track? Ever been in the military and had to proctor a PT Test with men & women. It's not about redistribution; it's about recognizing "the advantage" overall. 

I was in combat arms for the duration of my military career so I never administered a PT test to any women.  I did administer many PT tests in my all male units and I don’t recall giving the slow guys a head start to make things “fair”

41 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Very much so.

If someone shows up in my world and says things that suggest that their degree resulted purely from donations to the school by their family, or otherwise being in a position where their grades don't reflect their abilities, I assure you I won't give them a pass.

(edited)
2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I was in combat arms for the duration of my military career so I never administered a PT test to any women.  I did administer many PT tests in my all male units and I don’t recall giving the slow guys a head start to make things “fair”

Ah yes, the US combat arms which has a very disproportionate number of African Americans in leadership positions. Guess black people are just too stupid to make it, right. Cause we all know the US military is just one level playing field where people only advance based on their abilities......

Figures that is where you got your sense of "all is equal" from.

Edited by SkyDekker

(edited)
55 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Ah yes, the US combat arms which has a very disproportionate number of African Americans in leadership positions. Guess black people are just too stupid to make it, right. 

image.jpeg.01ab8c0c835069fb907ef073b8f1246f.jpeg
yeah right…..9_9

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

image.jpeg.01ab8c0c835069fb907ef073b8f1246f.jpeg
yeah right…..9_9

Wasn't my opinion. Is the opinion of the Modern War Institute at West Point. But I am sure you know much more then them with your "I have one black friend so I can't be racist".

https://mwi.usma.edu/strategic-problem-army-doesnt-seem-care-african-americans-arent-branching-combat-arms/

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Wasn't my opinion. Is the opinion of the Modern War Institute at West Point. But I am sure you know much more then them with your "I have one black friend so I can't be racist".

https://mwi.usma.edu/strategic-problem-army-doesnt-seem-care-african-americans-arent-branching-combat-arms/

It only seems fair that us white male soldiers bear the brunt of combat, given we are the beneficiaries of a racist, misogynistic patriarchy.

Edited by brenthutch

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

It only seems fair that us white male soldiers bear the brunt of combat, given we are the beneficiaries of a racist, misogynistic patriarchy.

This article didn't say African Americans are underrepresented in combat arms, it says they are underrepresented in the leadership positions of combat arms branches.

I often wonder if you can state your name without fucking it up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

This article didn't say African Americans are underrepresented in combat arms, it says they are underrepresented in the leadership positions of combat arms branches.

I often wonder if you can state your name without fucking it up.

I didn’t quote the article, tough guy, it’s not just leadership it is enlisted soldiers as well.  Do some more research before you pop off half informed, you will look less foolish.

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I didn’t quote the article, tough guy, it’s not just leadership it is enlisted soldiers as well.  Do some more research before you pop off half informed, you will look less foolish.

You literally included the link to the article in your quote....