1 1
JerryBaumchen

Family Troubles

27 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Nothing like a good old family squabble to get your attention:  Queen Elizabeth strips Prince Andrew of royal and military titles as sex assault lawsuit moves forward - oregonlive.com

Things are not looking so good for Randy Andy.

Jerry Baumchen

The prince has been canceled!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, airdvr said:

For the life of me I've never understood the attraction of underage girls.

Hi air,

Just for clarification; what is your definition of 'underage?'

My mother was married at 17 and a mother at 18.  And a mother of two at 19.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Have you taken a look at the 18 yr old girls in your local high school?

On 1/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, airdvr said:

When I was a youngster, I'd think "gee, she's good looking."

Somewhat later I found myself thinking "I wonder what her mom looks like."

Now it's more along the lines of "I wonder if her grandmother is too young for me."

• Like 3

On 1/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, airdvr said:

In my mind I am still 16 years old and I still find that many of the same things that were attractive then are still attractive. At the same time I know the difference between right and wrong and I have enough self discipline to consider not just what is right for me but also what is right for others. Especially others who may be vulnerable. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, airdvr said:

I think it might be a continuum, kind of like what gender you're attracted to, and how sexual (i.e. generally horny) you are. Dunno how much is inborn and how much is "encouraged," but if you happen to have those feelings naturally, and are strongly sexual, then you've got a much harder row to hoe to stay on the straight and narrow. Just like some people are bisexual, and others are pretty much pegged one way or the other.

The thing is, since we're talking about minors, if you're that way, then yes, it's still your responsibility to fight your natural urges, and that'll be much harder than it is for most people. Some people are born without limbs, messed body chemistry, etc, life isn't fair.

Wendy P.

Dear Wendy,

A former girlfriend explained to me that immature men are attracted to minor teenaged girls. These immature men (say 23 years old) are not mature enough to attract twenty-something women, so hit on young teenaged girls.

Consider how many 16 year old girls are impregnated by 23 year old men.

When I was in late high school I lived on a Canadian military base (CFB Borden).  It was almost impossible to date girls the same age because all the military guys were after them.  They seemed a lot older to me, but in reality they were probably in their early to mid 20s so not that much older than 17-18 year old high school girls.  Lots of girls got pregnant even at 15 or 16.  Lots of shotgun marriages too.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:41 PM, wmw999 said:

I think it might be a continuum, kind of like what gender you're attracted to, and how sexual (i.e. generally horny) you are. Dunno how much is inborn and how much is "encouraged," but if you happen to have those feelings naturally, and are strongly sexual, then you've got a much harder row to hoe to stay on the straight and narrow. Just like some people are bisexual, and others are pretty much pegged one way or the other.

The thing is, since we're talking about minors, if you're that way, then yes, it's still your responsibility to fight your natural urges, and that'll be much harder than it is for most people. Some people are born without limbs, messed body chemistry, etc, life isn't fair.

Wendy P.

Come on, boss, there's no mystery here beyond the biological imperative and everyone knows it no matter how they parse the currently popular woke narrative. I'm not saying to hell with it and defile young girls because it's natural. What I am saying is that it's just another example of how we are transitioning from our animal selves to selves that want to be controlled more by our reasoning faculties.

One thing that I've found kind of odd, is watch old movies from the 40's or 50's. They often portray significant age differences. It's common to see actresses in their twenties playing the love interest or spouse to actors in their forties and fifties. One movie I saw a while back, it was a true story about a backwoods hick who became a WWll hero, and at the end he goes home and marries his longtime girlfriend. I don't know if this was historically accurate, but the actor was in his forties and the actress was sixteen.

9 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

One thing that I've found kind of odd, is watch old movies from the 40's or 50's. They often portray significant age differences. It's common to see actresses in their twenties playing the love interest or spouse to actors in their forties and fifties. One movie I saw a while back, it was a true story about a backwoods hick who became a WWll hero, and at the end he goes home and marries his longtime girlfriend. I don't know if this was historically accurate, but the actor was in his forties and the actress was sixteen.

Hi 17,

Sort of like Piper Laurie & Ronald Reagan.  She was 18 & he was 39.

Jerry Baumchen

12 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

One thing that I've found kind of odd, is watch old movies from the 40's or 50's. They often portray significant age differences. It's common to see actresses in their twenties playing the love interest or spouse to actors in their forties and fifties.

Um…..

You think that’s just a thing with old movies??

1 hour ago, jakee said:

You think that’s just a thing with old movies??

Well, in newer movies such things are often part of the story line, like someone going through a mid-life crisis or something, but in the older movies it's just sort of matter-of-fact, like it's just the normal thing, not even mentioned or noticed as out of the ordinary.

3 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

Well, in newer movies such things are often part of the story line, like someone going through a mid-life crisis or something, but in the older movies it's just sort of matter-of-fact, like it's just the normal thing, not even mentioned or noticed as out of the ordinary.

Hi 17,

With the death of so many eligible men in WW II, it was not uncommon in Europe after the war.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

Again, this is very common in modern films too.