propblast

How many Dropzones still have a DC3?

The good old DC 3, we would wait until a new pilot would get it trimmed out, then start moving slowly back and forth so he would have to correct it, then we would run back and forth while he frantically moved the trim wheel until he realized what we were doing and started doing G moves to get us back, great fun!

At least one of the planes used for the first Perris 100 way was a DC 3, it had no rear door and they were jumping from 20,000 feet with no door on a cool day.

I found it. At Freeport Illinois in 1985 at the Freak Brothers Convention where I have also jumped Sugar Alpha, Our DC-3 from California City, Southern Cross, the famous Mr. Douglas (see picture). But I have also jumped Mr Bugless DC-3 known as Agent Orange which had been used for crop spraying or worst, the Bird Machine DC-3 at New Hanover (Limerick) Pennsylvania at the Herd boogie in 1984, in Canada in 1984 at St Jean sur-le-Richelieu, the DC-3 from Bradley Air Services with a huge cargo door and in the 90's the DC-3 from Skydive Chicago (the only one I have jumped with a right hand door) which is now grounded. :)

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

jumpwally

I would find it hard to beleive that Basler would spend time and money to get it flying,,,they would take it apart and truck it home. They basically strip down to zero and redo it,,,,impressive final product,wish their was a jumping version out there...

I tried to get one for the St. Patricks boogie one year. I ended up talking to someone from the CIA who wasn't happy I had their number. They said they didn't do boogies. It was pretty funny.

propblast

I wonder if the 47 in Oklahoma that drops the WW2 demo team would be rentable...

I used to jump with that group and it's not available for free fall. I've never seen that C47 go over 1,800 AGL.

If you're just looking to make a DC3/C47 jump I can help you make that happen if you're willing to come to Texas. Let me know.

ATW,
Cael

Pretty funny John..

Doing CRW at Lodi, we would line up outboard of the engine, then dash one-at-a-time to get up the ladder as fast as we could when we were on a turn load.

At least with a CRW rig, the little oil spots were not the worst looking thing on your rig (shit hanging out Everywhere):P

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Remster

The "star" round of the US nationals 10way speed will be from the DC3 this week.

Awesome!B|B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke