DFWAJG

Doggie Rescue Relay

It has been a long time since either Lawrocket or myself have been on this forum.  Children and several moves plus a crazy ex-wife have kept us on the ground and wrapped up in our own world.  We have settled in beautiful Mendocino for our forever home. While walking on the beach combing for sea glass, admiring the beauty around us, both of us bent over to pick up a piece and upon snapping back, we looked at each other and said, "Remember when we used to skydive?!" Our excitement these days is finding tumbled garbage from forty years ago! We do have a small airport a few miles away and should I find an instructor, I'd like to get flying again.  

And now for the favor to the skydiving community...

There is a male Black Russian Terrier up for adoption in the Akron, Ohio area.  He is too big to put on a plane.  A service costs in excess of $5K for a dog his size.  He is 130 pounds and cannot fit in a 700 size kennel.  I'm hoping to form a doggie rescue relay.  Thus far, I have a pick up in Akron to Toledo.  A brief jaunt from the 90 juncture in Indiana near the Michigan border and a hop between Vail and Grand Junction, CO.  The 80 is the straightest way to NorCal.  We are about 5 hours away from Sacramento.  I was planning to con Gowann (Max) to transfer from Tahoe area to Elk Grove/Sacramento area and meet him for the puppers.  Any jumpers traveling west who can pick up some legs and fill in the gaps of the rescue relay?  We would be much appreciative. 

Pick of who will be his older sister. Julia. 

IMG_9606.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on the move to Mendocino.  My wife and I get up to that area 2-3 times a year (from San Jose).  She'd move there in a minute, but medical issues keep us close to better services.  I have a couple of friends who retired there - one close to Ft Bragg and one south of Mendocino.