welder

xrw - what gear do you use?

so I've tried to do some xrw with friend of mine. I jumped on vk79 (wl 3.1) and he was on X3 wingsuit.

WS was fying with open zippers (arm and leg wings). The vertical descent is the same with slightly higher wingsuit forward speed. With the same forward speed the WS sinks with lack of lift.
What would you suggest? gaining more lead, to increase the forward speed?

what is your setup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdWsD1iAR1s

welder

so I've tried to do some xrw with friend of mine. I jumped on vk79 (wl 3.1) and he was on X3 wingsuit.

WS was fying with open zippers (arm and leg wings). The vertical descent is the same with slightly higher wingsuit forward speed. With the same forward speed the WS sinks with lack of lift.
What would you suggest? gaining more lead, to increase the forward speed?

what is your setup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdWsD1iAR1s

Were you using the custom XRW wingsuit slider?

[inline 12096242_1086626961356076_9066430880635773543_n.jpg]

More lead will do bugger all for the vertical descent, it will make you slightly faster forward. From past experience, even chucking on heaps of lead does not gain you that much on the vertical side of things.

The things that I am seeing
1. You guys don't have enough a range to fly together well. You are more of a flypast stage. As your ws learns to fly the suit better will help with range, e.g. looks like he is flying at his max lift which is faster than your forward so your best outcome is an overshoot (or collision at worst)
2. You are changing the heading frequently when you look around or move your arms. You need to focus more on being base and not shimmying around. This is much easier to do with the new wings as they are far more responsive to weightshift. Fly a heading and stick to it, makes it easy for the ws
3. You can try and alter your body position so that you are not flying as flat – not sure that this will make enough difference for you. Only tend to use this for v small changes
4. Keep the approach to the same quadrant, don’t let ws get creative and try and close from the horizontal

Some other comments;

You should definitely just focus on flying together rather than grips. This will help the WS develop their range as well. You need to work on this before you can progress. It will take time, it will happen, no need to rush it – more important to learn fundamentals and have good process and skill set rather than just: "we touched"! IMO

79 is kind of big

Don’t fuck up
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

id go with a little more lead and try to get to a 3.2wl

this will give the wingsuiter more range and will be less tiring. take it slow, start with proxy next to each other, then move on to foot docks, then hand docks, then surf.

I like to have the canopy pilot remove their hands completely from the risers and stick them straight out like you are taking a dock on both sides. (this will slow down your forward speed a little and allow the wingsuit to approach a little quicker)
use your legs as an indicator to dock/go away.
legs out and extended means come closer, legs crossed and bent means go away. (this also slows the forward speed)
my hardest xrw jumps have been lightly loaded canopies that fly fast forward. Ive gotten docks on a canopy pilot loaded at 2.8 but it was a struggle the whole jump and I didn't want to do it again after I landed.

also on the x3 try and jump it with the zippers closed, I owned one of those and it seemed to stall easier with the zips open, I was always able to perform better on my altitrack with the zippers closed.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

How's going Marko,

I can see Darren flying V Power. What did you fly and did you docked? Was it at the FinFlock or later?

The canopy looks like Petra, so I suppose is much faster than Leila under the same WL's = easier for WS pilot.

reg.
j.
Back to Poland... back home.