1 1
Ivan_KZ

BASE Qazaqstan

Greetings. I want to make my dream come true, do BASE jamping. I ask for help, I need help in the selection of equipment. I think to start with SKYBASE jumping from balloons, paragliders. There is some experience of jumping from a height of 800m, and Ropejamping. If there is someone who can help with theory, experience, there may be equipment suitable for SKYBASE jumps. I have not considered static objects yet, more experience will be needed here.

1 hour ago, Ivan_KZ said:

Greetings. I want to make my dream come true, do BASE jamping. I ask for help, I need help in the selection of equipment. I think to start with SKYBASE jumping from balloons, paragliders. There is some experience of jumping from a height of 800m, and Ropejamping. If there is someone who can help with theory, experience, there may be equipment suitable for SKYBASE jumps. I have not considered static objects yet, more experience will be needed here.

Start by getting certified as a skydiver.

drop zone locator link here...

https://uspa.org/DZlocator

Hi Ivan, and welcome to the forum!

You are correct that you need to start with jumps from aircraft.  If you want to jump the big mountains in your country, you are going to need to do a fair amount of skydiving to learn tracking skills--even more if you are hoping to fly wing suits in the mountains.

I know some Russian jumpers who have traveled there for BASE.  Have you met any local BASE jumpers?  Or is it all people traveling there to jump?  I know several people who have jumped there while traveling for work (in the oil industry), but none who are there now, unfortunately.

How able are you to travel?  The easiest thing to do is to travel to the USA or Europe and take a training course, but I'm not sure if that's within your budget.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:24 AM, Ivan_KZ said:

Greetings. I want to make my dream come true, do BASE jamping. I ask for help, I need help in the selection of equipment. 

1) Student gear.  That will be provided by the DZ you learn to skydive at.
2) Your own skydiving rig.  This will be costly, but you can buy used.  You'll be making at least a few hundred skydives to learn the basics, and probably do a few balloon jumps (zero speed exits.)
3) Your own BASE rig.  Depending where you are, there are a few places that are good for new BASE jumpers.  Here in the US the Perrine bridge is a pretty good place.

(edited)
01.04.2022 в 21:24, Ivan_KZ сказал:

Привет. Я хочу осуществить свою мечту, сделать BASE джем. Прошу помощи, нужна помощь в подборе оборудования. Думаю начать со SKYBASE прыжков с воздушных шаров, парапланов. Есть некоторый опыт прыжков с высотой 800м и Ropejamping. Если есть кто поможет с теорией, опытом, может быть оборудование для SKYBASE jumps. Я пока не рассматриваю реализуемые объекты, здесь неизбежно больше опыта.

Привет мечтатель! Я знаю парня, который купил бейс парашют, и сам научился укладке по видео и начал прыгать бейс и только потом ушел в скайдайв. Как правило, желательно здесь, как минимально надо пройти AFF, чтобы научиться управлять куполом системы крыло. Это тысяча на 90 рублей без перепрыгов. Потом, на базе правильно отделяться от,- это поролоновая яма, а потом потренироваться в отделении на роупджампинг прыжках. Отделение важно! Сделайте первый прыжок со статическим объектом на жестком ассистенте, - это нависающие опоры ЛЭП, но лучше с мостом. Скайбейс - это не бейс, скорее имитация. 

Edited by rossomaha

Get 200 regular jumps first. While working on that, investment in canopy flying camps and tracking camps would help. You want to build skills and be prepared for when things go wrong (that would happen sooner that you might expect)

After that, there are few good base schools in Europe. Yeah, it's quite far away and is costly (especially knowing KZ income levels), but less expensive that your life.

Limska Draga in Croatia is probably the most popular and safest place for FJC and few schools operate there. They have nice facilities for ground training, gear rental and current experts in the area. Won't recommend any school in particular, just google them.

In this sport you want to learn from the best athletes you can find.

Don't look for shortcuts (https://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/wiki_index.php?title=Reginaldo_Gomes_Da_Silva_Junior ) and slowly build your discipline and skills

Few good films that may help you set your thoughts straight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O69eeLTgJb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhlhmlwSB4

(also try to find on VK or something the film called "Выход" Антон Калюжный - it used to be on YouTube but now it's been removed unfortunately)