nipp1e_boy

What the hell?

Hello boys, girls and others,

So I have been away for a while and just logged back on after all these years. Fuck me if I had the hardest time finding the old forums and wading through the pictures and colors. Did they sell this place to Zuckerburg?

Any how the reason I'm back on here is that I'm looking to get current again and need to find a rigger seal and press. Well used is better. Any leads much appreciated!

Nipple Boy
A-19820

"Safety First! Fun Forever!"

Welcome back.

You may want to go to General skydiving subforum for the most up to date  ways you can do that in your area.

Unless you are looking for a bogus way to update your reserve?  No one here should help you do that.  Maybe I read your post wrong.

Aaah, the nipply one… if you’re not current, then either:

1. the DZ will make you use their gear for a currency jump, and you can make your connections then. 
  2. the DZ will understand about your reserve being a little out of date. It’s not like it was last packed in the 90’s after all

(note to newbies: look up the OP’s other postings — it’s a rich trove)

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

He's baaaaaaaack.

I know ParaGear sells seals & presses.

Not sure how picky they are about checking credentials.

But you can rig up a suitable substitute.

Get a medium sized C-clamp (the kind that screws down).
Find an old typewriter. Cut out the letters for the seal symbol. Just use the tips of the strike keys.
You can use thread or a rubber band to hold the letters in place, then screw the clamp down to press the seal. 

Disclaimer: This is a suitable response to the OP. I would not suggest anyone else do this.
He's special.

9 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Not sure how picky they are about checking credentials.

Not picky at all. Just put your order in and give your credit card number. I believe Chuting Star can also provide you with all your seal press and forging needs. But if he wants the "well used" look he may have to go to the DZ and hang out with some old guys. Sooner or later an estate sale one will pop up. I got one on ebay once that way.

20 hours ago, oldwomanc6 said:

Welcome back.

You may want to go to General skydiving subforum for the most up to date  ways you can do that in your area.

Unless you are looking for a bogus way to update your reserve?  No one here should help you do that.  Maybe I read your post wrong.

Thanks. I will head over there and see if I can figure it out. Not looking for a bogus way to update my reserve the seal is what makes it legit!

Nipple Boy
A-19820

13 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Find an old typewriter.

Yeah - tried that. But Courier is not a good font for a rigger seal. Believe me I got quite the look from the manifest girl at Elsinore some years ago. Need something "aged" if you know what I mean.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

7 hours ago, nipp1e_boy said:

Yeah - tried that. But Courier is not a good font for a rigger seal. Believe me I got quite the look from the manifest girl at Elsinore some years ago. Need something "aged" if you know what I mean.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

Try Comic Sans

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nipp1e_boy said:

Nipple Boy
A-19820

how aged do you want it?  i know a guy that deals in "antique" firearms from the mid-'90s...the mid 1990s, that are well over 100 or so years old.  interesting things you can do with the right chemicals on steel.

1 hour ago, Baksteen said:

Please take religion to SC.

Thank you.

OK. I now "know" for a scientific fact that one can verify rigger seals in the Aviation Registry. Welcome back Nipple Boy. Your particular brand of smartass would help to freshen things up in here a bit. 

image.png.142db300017bcd5a51f8cc2ae7dc8bc9.png

• Like 1

The FAA database is hopelessly out of date and chock full of dead riggers with seal symbols that come up as good if anyone checked. My good friend Frank Mott passed away back in the mid-2000s and he's still listed as an active rigger. His seal symbol is MH4. If you use it (Frank wouldn't mind) just anonymously send his widow 20 bucks.

• Like 1

Oh absolutely -- my seal is still there, and I haven't packed actively since the 1980's. I used it to pack my own reserve (under supervision - never packed square reserves in the 80's) while I lived in Texas, but not since then.

But then how would the FAA know who's quit packing, and who's died, unless there's some sort of Big Brother-ish cross-reference?

Wendy P.

13 hours ago, NickDG said:

The FAA database is hopelessly out of date and chock full of dead riggers with seal symbols that come up as good if anyone checked. My good friend Frank Mott passed away back in the mid-2000s and he's still listed as an active rigger. His seal symbol is MH4. If you use it (Frank wouldn't mind) just anonymously send his widow 20 bucks.

Thanks - I guess I just got my riggers ticket! And RIP Frank.

Nipple Boy
A-19820