4 4

John Eddowes RIP

I’m beginning to dread logging-on anymore, too many friends being taken away. I first met John at one of the Para-Ski meets in the Northeast, probably mid-late 80’s. We would meet at various meets and boogies in our region. Then again (90’s?), while he was taking the AFF instructor course, I was one of the examiners and John was an impressive guy to meet. A tall, good looking and confident man. We both got involved as DZO’s in the same conference and of course stayed aware of each other. Whenever we met he always welcomed me w/ genuine respect and I felt the same about him. He was not an average jumper or individual. He worked hard, his efforts bore a lot of “fruit” and his accomplishments were widely known. He contributed a lot to our sport, elevated the quality of Drop Zone “life” for many transient skydivers and helped lots of young jumpers find a place to call “home”. My sympathy and prayers to your fine family, may God continue to inspire them w/ your life, so well lived. Blue Skies! (joeD)

John was a Brother to me, I am fucking devastated to hear this, jumped at Cross Keys for a few years, we became great friends, I checked him out in the Astar so he could fly ENG for NBC Philadelphia, I told him the media assholes sucked, 2 years later he said to me "these media assholes suck"! WTF happened? This totally breaks my heart...

God Speed John, my prayers are with your daughters and your family.

This just sucks,

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 3:27 PM, 3331 said:

Covid :(

I was assured that it wasn't, in fact, COVID.

A number of  sources in the loop indicated that he had garden variety influenza and tried to tough it out.  His lack of fluid retention resulted in succumbing to dehydration.

It seemed unlikely, but I was assured that that was the sequence of events.

BSBD,

Winsor

On 4/21/2022 at 2:33 PM, wmw999 said:

This isn’t the place to find lots of skydivers any more; I wouldn’t use it as a measure. Really.

Wendy P. 

Indeed, dropzone.com hasn't seen but a sliver of the traffic it used to, for various reasons. Facebook and other widely used social media platforms are where the action has moved to. 

• Like 1