1 1
BIGUN

Political Extremists

13 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Alex Jones’ wife arrested on domestic violence charge (msn.com)

He seems to think it's a medication imbalance. I think 1) she got tired of his shit, or 2) not an imbalance, just not enough to put up with his bullshit. 

So you're saying that even Alex's own family is conspiring against him?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Attorney Devin Stone goes into depth how Alex Jones fucked himself by refusing to participate in the legally-required discovery process:

Hi Robert,

Re:  how Alex Jones fucked himself

That's the details.  He fucked himself by being nothing more than an idiot.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I think he had a deeper plan that involves one of more of:

-delaying the case as long as possible
-using legal machinations to delay paying any penalties for a similar long period of time
-appealing each case as high as possible, potentially to a friendly supreme court
-generating public outrage that a "hero of free speech" like himself would be "silenced" by the courts
-waiting for a favorable governor/president to grant him support/pardons

And while it's looking like these will not work, it's too early to say that they absolutely won't.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Re:  how Alex Jones fucked himself

Jerry Baumchen

Even smart people can F#$k themselves. See below.

16 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I really think it's much deeper than that. 

Yes, he made a living trolling political issues. Enticing the ignorant and gullible into his cultivated rabbit burrows.How can he participate in discovery when he knew a sharp inquiring mind. Asking pointed questions requiring yes or no answers. Would lay his lies and misrepresentations completely naked?

Edited by Phil1111

Don't forget that one of the things the discovery process was looking at was who/where his financial support is coming from.
He refused to disclose that (among other things).

As is often the case, follow the money to see where it all comes from. 

Apparently he'd rather lose the case and get all his money taken away than disclose his money trail.

Why might that be?
Hmmmmm...

6 hours ago, billvon said:

I think he had a deeper plan that involves one of more of:

-waiting for a favorable governor/president to grant him support/pardons

As far as the president (any president) is concerned, they can only pardon federal crimes.  Civil lawsuits are beyond their legal reach.  Although if Trump manages to get back in office, I doubt he would be constrained by any reading of the law or the constitution, so it's impossible to predict just what he might try to do.  At least it is for me, one thing I learned from his four years in office is that I do not have the ability to scheme in such an evil or nefarious manner as his circle of sycophants.

14 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Yes, he made a living trolling political issues. Enticing the ignorant and gullible into his cultivated rabbit burrows.

I failed to make my point by being to PB. I meant deeper as in Mental Health issues. As for those who follow him, they can be somewhere on that spectrum also. Kinda like murderers, pedophiles, thieves, gun nuts, etc. tend to pack with the same type. 

I find that somewhat interesting - you can put two people of a certain type in a stadium of 70,000 and somehow they'll draw towards each other.   

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I find that somewhat interesting - you can put two people of a certain type in a stadium of 70,000 and somehow they'll draw towards each other. 

They have social media to help them find each other. I think we forget what a blessing and a curse modern communication has brought us. Twitter made Trump possible.

Edited by gowlerk

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Seriously though, 20 years ago he would not have gotten the traction as a serious candidate or been able to connect with so many people. 

Hi Ken,

Re:  been able to connect with so many people. 

IMO it was the tv show that did it.  He was seen as someone in charge, who could make the tough decisions.  People did not seem to realize that he was reading from the script.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken,

Re:  been able to connect with so many people. 

IMO it was the tv show that did it.  He was seen as someone in charge, who could make the tough decisions.  People did not seem to realize that he was reading from the script.

Jerry Baumchen

Seems that his supporters don't realize how self-serving, hypocritical and ignorant he is.  They believe him when he says stuff like this: