normiss

USPA elections

gowlerk

***Is there an immense benefit for the dz to be a member of USPA?

Insurance? Loan?

Why can't all dzs go the Lodi way?

Are you an Anarchist? Who would represent American skydiving to the FAI? Who would issue credentials? Who would train instructors?

And most importantly, who would there be left to complain about?

I am in favor of USPA doing those things (and representing us to the FAA for both airport access and rule making, which I think is one of the most effective and important things they do),.

However, there is no reason there has to be a group membership for DZs to have any of that happen.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Marko, I think you forgot to tell Mike how also Rich was fired from his PD job for running illegal poker tournaments. Representing the law and breaking it at the same time. Quite a parallel to his USPA position.
What about flying in the caravan without seat belts during take off ?
Signing off on water training ... Without any training. Head down tandems...
And no, all above is not hearsay. I've seen it over the years.
We really need a revolution at the USPA. Hope many more people vote and vote for the better candidates.

michalm21

Marko, I think you forgot to tell Mike how also Rich was fired from his PD job for running illegal poker tournaments. Representing the law and breaking it at the same time. Quite a parallel to his USPA position.
What about flying in the caravan without seat belts during take off ?
Signing off on water training ... Without any training. Head down tandems...
And no, all above is not hearsay. I've seen it over the years.
We really need a revolution at the USPA. Hope many more people vote and vote for the better candidates.

Hey hey hey now, listen man I'm not going to agree with you on all of those accusations. One thing I'm going to have to say is that he did not ever do head down tandems....he definitely does not have the flying abilities to fly head down on his own, not a chance in hell with a tandem :D:D:D

But you're spot on with the rest of the stuff! ;)
10,000 jumps, with a log for every single jump. Unlike some USPA National Directors with 14,750 Fake jumps with the flying skills to prove they are fake jumps....

normiss

Well I did the deed.
I was unable to choose more than 6 candidates for ND though.

Hopefully we will see some big changes on who sits where this time around.

Which 6 if you don't mind me asking? I'll defer my vote to your choices since I don't know any of them...

TriGirl

Anyone hear any results yet? Votes were due yesterday. Nothing yet on USPA's website, either.

If they were only due yesterday they'll need a little bit of time to count (paper) and validate (all) the voting. I doubt we could expect anything before next week at the earliest.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

From the USPA Governance Manual, Section 3, ELECTIONS:

H. December 10: No later than this date, headquarters
will have verified, counted, and/or tallied the ballots
and distributed the results, notifying new and old
board members of the dates and place of the next
board meeting.

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everyone that took the time and voted for me. I did not win a seat in the USPA Board of National Directors. However, I am very happy with getting over 500 votes. A mark and threshold which I gave myself for running in the next elections.
So for the time being... Thank You Everyone that took the time in voting, and of course double thanks for those who voted for me! :)
As I stated to Ed during the short phone call, I will still offer to volunteer if the USPA calls upon me.

Thanks again, and I wish Good Luck and Success to all the Elected Board Members.

Regards,

Jean-Paul Vega

PS: Dont forget to vote for me in the next elections! ;)

i keep minimum information on my profile. email is my communication preference.