normiss

USPA elections

I found an interesting post on Skydive Sussex's Facebook page:

It's October 1st, That means all of you licensed skydivers who are current USPA members will be receiving a USPA ballot in your email. I've watched these elections come and go for 24 years and now and this is the first time I'm going to ask my fellow jumpers to get involved. I'm asking you to vote for ONE National Director, and ONE Regional director. I'm asking you to vote for Rich Winstock for National Director, and Shauna Finley for Regional Director. Rich has for years, defended our freedom in skydiving. He has fought to keep the USPA from instituting more and more cumbersome regulations on dropzones (like minimum tandem exit altitude and others) and help institute common sense saftey guidelines for things like wing suiting. I'm urging you to just vote for one Director in each category. Otherwise you wind up just voting for the people who offer you nothing but a smear campaign or personal vendettas. After all it is political. I hope we can all have a great upcoming season with the right people representing us in Washington. Blue Skies, Curt Kellinger Skydive Sussex.

Of more interest was the first comment:

Is this the same Rich Winstock that was the head of SAFETY!!!!!!! and training, who swooped a spectator area and hit a spectator leaving her to be in ICU for a week at a dropzone he owns (also causing him to break his own femur)? Which also had USPA pay this person 50 grand to cover her medical bills, which money probably came from our membership fees. Is this the Rich Winstock we are talking about?!? That's a joke. You think that's a great example to lead by?

If you find this interesting, you may also find Scott Smith's candidate statement interesting. (page 42 which is the 5th page in this PDF excerpt)

http://www.uspa.org/portals/0/downloads/BODElection.pdf
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Sent to me by a fellow jumper that had a conversation with Rich Winstock recently.

Here is exactly what you said Rich....

"Lets say it is a good ole boy club and I bucked the system. I am an active tandem guy who was against most if not all regulation"

That sentence doesn't really look so good for trying to advocate safety and all right?

Are you ready to make your dz, non-USPA member dropzone?
10,000 jumps, with a log for every single jump. Unlike some USPA National Directors with 14,750 Fake jumps with the flying skills to prove they are fake jumps....

Well it seems that Rich Winstock isn't so safe as he claims he wants to be...

Here is exactly what you said..

"Lets say it is a good ole boy club and I bucked the system. I am an active tandem guy who was against most if not all regulation"

That sentence doesn't really look so good for trying to advocate safety and all right?

Are you ready to make your dz, non-USPA member dropzone?

Para 5-0 is Rich Winstock btw.

That screengrab right above shows the two sides of the Rich Winstock.

One, he secretly hates USPA, yet Rich wants to be part of it.
Two, he doesn't give a flying fck about safety, yet he is in charge of Safety and Training.

The USPA also shows its childish/coward behavior by putting Scott Smith's quote right next to Rich's face therefore secretly making fun of Rich.

If USPA hates Rich Winstock so much why not just get rid of him from being BOD? Is keeping his DZ as a member so important for USPA's revenue?

Finally, to Rich Winstock, this isn't the end of the world. You still have your DZ. Your little kingdom. We are just a peons who will never be allowed at your kingdom, nor we will want to be.

I'm pretty sure that you were expecting a little push back from the public when you decided to be elected as a BOD after whatever happened last year. At least your life isn't bad as some other DZO who made some serious wrong choices with their life.

If I was Rich Winstock, I'll say fck you to USPA for pulling that childish magazine stunt and be a non-member dropzone. Wake up Rich! The USPA secretly hates you!

Lodi, Ranch, and many other place do perfectly fine without the help of USPA.

I've attached a pic of the USPA election page that makes fun of Rich and I've also posted a pic of a DZO who made some serious wrong choices and threw his life away.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Ha, and I get a threatening letter from Para 5-0 this morning.

His prior law enforcement officer experience really shines here. Pure example of how leader should react.

Calling me a piece of ____?

Get the fuck out of here.

Below attachement are what he sent me, and I posted his picture in his court room.

Wake the fck up Rich, the USPA hates you, and obviously some of your BOD member(Scott Smith) hates you as well.

normiss

... had USPA pay this person 50 grand to cover her medical bills...

Are you fucking kidding me? I think given that information, it should be public record that he refused to help those that were passengers in the plane he crashed pay waaaaaaay less money for X-Rays (thankfully no serious medical treatment was needed as a result of that).

It should also at this point go into public record that he flew that plane directly over the runway at Sussex airport before hook turning it into an irrigation ditch just past the treeline at the end of the runway. So it's not like he didn't fuck up, even beyond airplane maintenance.

Seriously how much of an ass can one person be?

lyosha

***... had USPA pay this person 50 grand to cover her medical bills...

Are you fucking kidding me? I think given that information, it should be public record that he refused to help those that were passengers in the plane he crashed pay waaaaaaay less money for X-Rays (thankfully no serious medical treatment was needed as a result of that).

It should also at this point go into public record that he flew that plane directly over the runway at Sussex airport before hook turning it into an irrigation ditch just past the treeline at the end of the runway. So it's not like he didn't fuck up, even beyond airplane maintenance.

Seriously how much of an ass can one person be?

You see Lyo, what exactly do you expect from someone who got their commercial pilots license in under a year from starting to work on your private? He claims he flew more hours in one season then the one and only pilot flying their caravan for the whole season? Maybe someone was forging numbers in their logbook to be able to fly jumpers to make money money?

I think that shows since he didn't check the fuel for water before he took off that morning. And since he also overshot the runway, stalled the plane and turned it around only to land in a farm and flip the plane over. Someone tried to make a point of this when the accident happened but no one knows his history. They were even calling him a hero at some point.

Go take a look at this logbook. Every single log he has ends in .0 or .5. how many times can you go fly and end with a number like that. I know when i fly its uaully .3, .7, .9, 1.2, 2.3, 1,7.

Funny how someone on welfare, food stamps, unemployment, and disability can even afford to own an airplane and be able to buy fuel to do all of this flying.

But then again, no one gives a shit that he forges hours in his plane and then almost kills 5 people because of his carelessness.

Bravo, Marko. Someone else has the ball to call it as it is.
Rich is a real POS, and I started on the same dz as you in LI around the same time, and had good times hanging out with him.
Unbelievable how more I learn about him as time flies by and it's incredible the double standards he will have and get away with it!

I voted today, and I did not vote for him or his crony regional director candidate either.

stayhigh

The USPA also shows its childish/coward behavior by putting Scott Smith's quote right next to Rich's face therefore secretly making fun of Rich.
I've attached a pic of the USPA election page that makes fun of Rich and I've also posted a pic of a DZO who made some serious wrong choices and threw his life away.

The order that the ND candidates are placed on the ballot and in the magazine is completely random.
A public random drawing was done at Skydive Perris on August 9, 2015.
Random jumpers that were standing around drew names out of a bag.

Scott Smith's statement was edited by Scott, after the N&E committee noticed a slight inaccuracy, to ensure that everything he said was true and factual.

I should know, because I am the Chair of the Nominations & Elections Committee.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I think that if the other party send you a personal message stating exactly what they are thinking about the USPA, the public needs to know.

Hiliary Clinton's email has gone public, why not Rich's?

Doesn't this message show how Rich really feels about the organization? Doesn't it reveal how Rich truly feels about the general safety, yet he heads the SnTA?
The very organization that he is trying to be, yet he is saying something completely opposite behind the door.

It is not like I'm making this stuff up. Rich wrote this. Not me.

It is election time, dirty stuff come up, it is the way of American politic. I throughly enjoy it.

The placement was completely random? I don't think so. It is not like none of USPA glances over the article prior to printing it out.

He is against the BSR for low turn tandems and handle check? is that because he doesn't do them himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHKlCEMdNfQ

No handle check, flying through the clouds, 90 degree turn. All three in one single tandem jump. Not to mention unstable drogue toss.

I expect myself to be banned from this portion of the forum once again for revealing the truth.

Am I Edward Snowden?

stayhigh

I expect myself to be banned from this portion of the forum once again for revealing the truth.

Nope, just banned for doing something again after being told not to.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

If I am an eligible voter I am entitled to know the truth about who the candidates are and what they do for the sport, so banning people for coming here and post public information what the candidates is is just so immature, no matter if you sleep at night feeling the god of the forums.

Just saying. I havent read any personal attacks, only public information. So let people post and keep a decent behavior in this forum.

Thank you Admin.

I can understand not allowing PM's to be used without the consent of both parties.

What I can't understand is how Para-50 won't post either his side of the story of the accident, or defend himself from standpoint of the top saftey guy in the USPA.

It seems to me he either thinks very little of DZ.com members, of which I am (as well as being a voting USPA member) or he does not have the , shall we say, intestinal fortitude to come foward and face any accusations. Either or is reason to vote for someone else, which I plan on doing if he does not post in this thread.

With that said I look forward to voting for Al King, who has been a great representative and far more available in the northeast than whoever the former rep was, who I never met or saw.

Since theres a specific way to post things on here. A message was sent on here from a National Director who's name is getting brought up a lot on here...

Here is exactly what you said..

Its a club where the members do what we want, I fucked the system and no one can do anything about it. I also don't care about safety and disagree with the 90 degree turn BSR and handles check BSR that was passed this summer. Here is a video proving i don't care about those BSR's passed months before this jump was made.

https://youtu.be/vHKlCEMdNfQ

Are you ready to make your dz, non-USPA member drop zone?

If anyone wants to see a screenshot of what was sent, as per the senders permission, i will send it to you.... ;)

normiss

Public Facebook posts are in no way personal correspondence.
I also don't believe I made a PA in any way.

I was just responding to the first post. Did I remove any of your posts? B|
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

normiss

So you make less sense explaining it.
:D

:D

Someone earlier had posted a screen shot of a dropzone.com PM.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am running for a National Director position. I look to serve as I have for most of my life since I left home at 17 years of age to join the Navy and then enter the US Naval Academy and then serve for 26 years as a Marine Officer. I am a current DZO and S & TA and see crap "infrequently" at my DZ (because most of my peeps follow rules), perhaps luckily, but we as an org need to be cognizant of unsafe stuff and willing to do what is required to stop it. I am a instructor TI, IAD, AFF), skydiver and DZ follower and I want your vote because I am a supporter of SKYDIVERS and their wishes.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures