brenthutch

How is it possible…

…in a forum that EXPLICITLY states discussions about guns are allowed, and in a thread ABOUT firearms, that someone contributing content that is 100% factual, is banned by a moderator.  And the moderator cites the reasons for the ban is something the poster never said?  Asking for a friend 

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

…in a forum that EXPLICITLY states discussions about guns are allowed, and in a thread ABOUT firearms, that someone contributing content that is 100% factual, is banned by a moderator.  And the moderator cites the reasons for the ban is something the poster never said?  Asking for a friend 

You got me, but I can say that if you'd tighten your laterals you wouldn't look to be struggling with a perfect student in your avatar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Why do your friends keep getting banned? Are they low pullers?

12 hours ago, brenthutch said:

that someone contributing content that is 100% factual, is banned by a moderator.  And the moderator cites the reasons for the ban is something the poster never said?  Asking for a friend 

It may be that your friend is one of those people that constantly gets banned while working up to a perma-ban because they simply can't walk away.  

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

It may be that your friend is one of those people that constantly gets banned while working up to a perma-ban because they simply can't walk away.  

I have noticed an improvement of the overall tone here in the past two weeks or so. Maybe it's the season?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Isn't it generally people who are on your side of the political spectrum who walk around with "fuck your feelings" shirts?

51 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Isn't it generally people who are on your side of the political spectrum who walk around with "fuck your feelings" shirts?

It has nothing to do with feelings, it is about a consistent standard.  Do you really think it makes sense that someone gets banned and the reason given for the ban is something the author never said?  I have asked for clarification but so far…crickets 

27 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

They are projecting the way they feel inside. Sad little flakes of snow.

I did find it funny that several conservatives I know are simultaneously posting Christmas displays saying "Let's Go Brandon!" and saying "you know, it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me this year for some reason."  Spending your Christmas vacation saying "fuck you" will do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billvon said:

I did find it funny that several conservatives I know are simultaneously posting Christmas displays saying "Let's Go Brandon!" and saying "you know, it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me this year for some reason."  Spending your Christmas vacation saying "fuck you" will do that.

Off topic ;)

27 minutes ago, billvon said:

I heard that!  But I've also heard that a lot in the past, and it always seems to somehow come anyway.

Yuletide is a time for eating, drinking and procreation; "Christmas" is just the lame attempt to insinuate the 'baby Jesus' into a perfectly good Pagan festival.  To the extent the Christian Scriptures are accurate, Jesus was born in the spring anyway.

Actually, Festivus has greater merit than the festival of overspending and adoration.

FWIW, I think many people are breathing a sigh of relief at being spared the stress of getting together with their dysfunctional families.  

Bah, humbug!

Winsor

1 minute ago, winsor said:

Yuletide is a time for eating, drinking and procreation; "Christmas" is just the lame attempt to insinuate the 'baby Jesus' into a perfectly good Pagan festival.  To the extent the Christian Scriptures are accurate, Jesus was born in the spring anyway.

Actually, Festivus has greater merit than the festival of overspending and adoration.

FWIW, I think many people are breathing a sigh of relief at being spared the stress of getting together with their dysfunctional families.  

Bah, humbug!

Winsor

Winsor, can you just, and only for a minute, stop imagining that everyone else here are complete morons? 

On 12/21/2021 at 3:06 PM, winsor said:

Bah, humbug!

Winsor

Holy Fuck......baby Jesus wasn't born on December 25th?

1 minute ago, winsor said:

Of course he was, but it was just a coincidence.

Due to the fact that my wife is going to be spending all weekend working three 12 hour night shifts helping to keep vaccine refusers breathing in ICU we celebrated the "season" already. Turkey and presents were on Wednesday the 22nd. There were no manger scenes involved. We missed the Solstice, the true reason for the season by one day.