skydived19006

Rich Winstock Swoop Incident Cover-Up

MakeItHappen

When were these taken? If they were taken prior to the incident, they're kinda pointless. We know he was doing it... if they were taken since then it's a whole 'nother thing. It's proof that he doesn't give a shit and hasn't learned.

September 18, 2013 6:09 PM
no time zone noted

Thanks. I'd hope that he wasn't still pulling this stuff!

Sherry Butcher has dropped the ball... BIG. TIME. But does she give a shit? Probably not. >:(

Why don't you call Sherry and tell her that your self, instead of parroting what everyone else has said in this silly thread. Rich screwed up. Have none of us ever screwed up? I've seen some shanagans, some real FUS. (At this point and time in this thread, and don't get me wrong I could care less one way or the other) You guys are just "Beating a dead horse" simple as that. Let it go. :)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

rwieder

Sherry Butcher has dropped the ball... BIG. TIME. But does she give a shit? Probably not. >:(

Why don't you call Sherry and tell her that your self, instead of parroting what everyone else has said in this silly thread. Rich screwed up. Have none of us ever screwed up? I've seen some shanagans, some real FUS. (At this point and time in this thread, and don't get me wrong I could care less one way or the other) You guys are just "Beating a dead horse" simple as that. Let it go. :)

I think it's reasonable to continue to talk about whether it's proper for Rich to continue serving as chair of the S&T committee at this late date. He could have been removed, or he could have voluntarily stood down from the position. Neither has occurred. He's certainly aware of this discussion.
As long as he holds the position it's an ongoing issue that does not get stale. Thus, it's appropriate to continue to discuss and debate. The passage of time itself while maintaining the status quo makes it timely today. So it's not a dead horse, it's a live one. Let people on all sides of the debate have their say.

The passage of time itself while maintaining the status quo makes it timely today. So it's not a dead horse, it's a live one. Let people on all sides of the debate have their say.

I've got an idea Counselor, let's impeach the no good so and so!! ;) C'mon ya'll, give it a rest. Nothings gonna change. And, yeah, it's a dead horse. :P Like it, or not. B| Remember my suggestion, call Sherry. Her phone number is in Parachutists every month.
-Richard-

Why should we waste calls down a rabbit hole when we can appeal to the community via public discourse? Power to the people.

I'll give you this Andy, you are one likeable tenacious individual! "Pound that rock baby!! :)
-Richard-

Why hasn't there been an accident report yet? Its been over 16 months since the accident occurred and there is still yet a report to be made.
10,000 jumps, with a log for every single jump. Unlike some USPA National Directors with 14,750 Fake jumps with the flying skills to prove they are fake jumps....

BASE1375

Why hasn't there been an accident report yet? Its been over 16 months since the accident occurred and there is still yet a report to be made.

I am not aware of the USPA doing incident reports on non-fatals on a regular basis.
Remster

Quote; C'mon ya'all give it a rest. is the wrong mentality and its what "they" want to happen. And yes it can change by us voting, and holding people accountable for their actions, by us the people they are supposed to serve when they make a mistake. Yes we all have made mistakes and most take their medicine. Lead by example.

tikl68

Yes we all have made mistakes and most take their medicine. Lead by example.

What's the example here?

Pretend it didn't happen and it'll all disappear?

I get where you're coming from, but to my eyes, someone in a position of authority and respect fucked up in the worst way possible. They hit a spectator while grandstanding...
Taking their medicine would involve saying 'mea culpa' and accepting some form of discipline. That's what I've not seen, either voluntarily, or enforced.

I heard a rumor that at the recent summer BOD meeting that Rich Winstock tendered his resignation as Chairman of the Safety and Training committee and that this time Sherry Butcher accepted it. From what I was told Tom Noonan was appointed as his replacement as Chairman. I would have thought this would have been forgotten by now but it looks like something finally happened to make the leadership act.

jimjumper

I heard a rumor that at the recent summer BOD meeting that Rich Winstock tendered his resignation as Chairman of the Safety and Training committee and that this time Sherry Butcher accepted it. From what I was told Tom Noonan was appointed as his replacement as Chairman. I would have thought this would have been forgotten by now but it looks like something finally happened to make the leadership act.

About damn time.

jimjumper

The "leadership didn't act;" Mr. Winstock resigned. The only action Leadership took, was that his resignation was accepted.
It's unfortunate that what occurred was mis-represented by someone desperate to buy his way onto the BOD. Politics suck, and that's truly what this situation boiled down to. Sadly, the politics don't end with his resignation, and our BOD will likely be much poorer for it come this next election. It's like "Game of Thrones" up in there.
Either way, Winstock is off the Chairmanship (by his own choice), and that should make folks happy enough.