invader

training for skydiving when not skydiving

Lots of visualization.
Aside from that, rock climbing works many of the same muscles, from your core (hmm, freefly?) to your arms (think canopy), as well as the mental aspect of in-the-moment focus. Hiking will improve your cardio and your glutes (better arch) as well as strengthening your ankles and knees, which may keep you from injury on a rougher landing.

invader

What you guys do to improve your skydiving other than tunnel when not jumping out of a plane? I do yoga,,, no idea is to crazy,,,,

Find a gymnastic school that offers an "Open Adult" gym night. Ask to get basic tumbling coaching on a spring floor. Or, if they have one, trampoline instruction. B|

-advice from an old tumbler. :o
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

How many jumps do you have? I ask because there are different skills to be reviewed, depending on your experience level.

Emergency procedures need to be fresh. After 40 years, mine are in my DNA, but if you're new-ish, practice, practice, practice.

Depending on your physique, weight training or weight loss might be beneficial.

Wind tunnels are great if you can get to one. Visualization will also help you keep it all fresh in your head. Hey, who doesn't day-dream about skydiving when we're stuck on the ground.

Lots of great educational videos out there for any phase of the sport. Great way to keep learning when the weather's bad.

RockSkyGirl

Lots of visualization.

I cannot overstate how important and useful this is. No matter what your discipline or goal, good visualisation skills applied frequently are huge.

The best part is, it is perhaps the only part of skydiving that is 100% free.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?