1 1
JoeWeber

Karen McDonald, prosecutor

I love this prosecutor for our latest school shooting insanity.  She has totally expanded the area of offense taking and charges filed by recognizing that the affected parties count vastly more than those killed or wounded. That's exactly what we need.

And now charges are filed against the parents. Sound like they deserve the heat. They must agree seeing as how they are now on the run. They are fucked.

You're gonna grow up, you're gonna get old
All that glitters don't turn to gold
But until then just have your fun
Boy, run, run, run, run, run"

Edited by JoeWeber

8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I love this prosecutor for our latest school shooting insanity.  She has totally expanded the area of offense taking and charges filed by recognizing that the affected parties are count vastly more than those killed or wounded. That's exactly what we need.

And now charges are filed against the parents. Sound like they deserve the heat. They must agree seeing as how they are now on the run. They are fucked.

They're either going to end up in jail, or end up as the governor(s) of Texas and the new heroes of the right wing.

Maybe both.

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I'm just hoping they turn up tomorrow at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump a week ago: "I’ve known James for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with.  It is even said that he likes awesome guns as much as I do, and many of the people he gives them to are on the younger side."

Trump today:  "James who?"

(Warning - the above is satire, for those unfamiliar with Trump's relationships with various criminals.)

Just now, BIGUN said:

As it should be. 

And will be. They made it to an industrial building in Detroit with $4K from an ATM, I guess. Of course, being clever folks, they turned off their cell phones. Oh, please, please, please can I be the lawyer arguing they only did it it to save data? 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And will be.

My understanding is - they went out and bought him a Glock 9mm as a gift. 

(x)
(1)It shall be unlawful for a person to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer to a person who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is a juvenile
(A)a handgun; or
(B)ammunition that is suitable for use only in a handgun.

Now, there are some exceptions to that, but none of those exceptions would apply to him or his parents. 

Edited by BIGUN

54 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

My understanding is - they went out and bought him a Glock 9mm as a gift. 

(x)
(1)It shall be unlawful for a person to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer to a person who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is a juvenile
(A)a handgun; or
(B)ammunition that is suitable for use only in a handgun.

Now, there are some exceptions to that, but none of those exceptions would apply to him or his parents. 

And just who is the nit-wit 4 star General Sheriff being interviewed on CNN? He sports more medals than Audie Murphy. Which one is that Red, White and Blue Ribbon on the top, the Distinguished Donut Cross?  Is that really what we need in our cops? I think not.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

And just who is the nit-wit 4 star General Sheriff being interviewed on CNN? He sports more medals than Audie Murphy. Which one is that Red, White and Blue Ribbon on the top, the Distinguished Donut Cross?  Is that really what we need in our cops? I think not.

From your description, you may mean former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clark.
He's well known for sporting a fairly elaborate pin collection. 
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/why-does-sheriff-david-clarke-sport-an-israeli-traffic-police-pin-1.5474413

He's a major douche.

And as far as the parents of the shooter...

Wow. Give a kid a gun for Christmas*. When the school calls saying he was looking for ammunition on his phone at school, tell him 'don't get caught'. 

There are many cases where the parents did all  they could to control and properly teach their kid.
This isn't one of them.

* - There is a 'gift exemption' on the firearms purchase/background check form.
For example, it would be legal for me to purchase a gun intending to give it to my wife for Christmas. However, this exemption would NOT apply to this situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

There is a 'gift exemption' on the firearms purchase/background check form.
For example, it would be legal for me to purchase a gun intending to give it to my wife for Christmas. However, this exemption would NOT apply to this situation.

Correct. It does not apply to handguns to minors.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

From your description, you may mean former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clark.
He's well known for sporting a fairly elaborate pin collection. 
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/why-does-sheriff-david-clarke-sport-an-israeli-traffic-police-pin-1.5474413

He's a major douche.

And as far as the parents of the shooter...

Wow. Give a kid a gun for Christmas*. When the school calls saying he was looking for ammunition on his phone at school, tell him 'don't get caught'. 

There are many cases where the parents did all  they could to control and properly teach their kid.
This isn't one of them.

* - There is a 'gift exemption' on the firearms purchase/background check form.

It's hard not to conclude this is just one more, downstream effect of our far too liberal gun laws. No doubt some will hope I choke on my granola for spouting such heresy (BTW, my preference is Red Mill's 5 Grain) but when the aggregate of our laws allows, in fact encourages, more or less anyone to bring a firearm to an argument or to shop for groceries bad things are bound to happen. 

Like this guy. He was able to articulate the unarmed guy into an early grave with his power of persuasion. Apparently that's approved behavior under Texas law. So was when he shot a warning shot into the ground. He might also go free because when the soon to be dead guy attempted to grab the weapon it became a self defense situation for the armed guy. I think I have that right.

What will it take for so many millions of Americans to finally grasp that our Second Amendment was never intended to cause a firearm free fo all with holstered weapons and assault style rifles carried openly and with impunity? Craziness.

Texas style conversation.png

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

Waiting for:

"The problem here is that kids these days can't defend themselves!  The only thing that will stop a bad kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun."

What I don't get is how the parents can be charged with negligent homicide when the whole system is negligent.

11 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

What I don't get is how the parents can be charged with negligent homicide when the whole system is negligent.

Do you mean the parenting system? The American justice system? Or the whole arming of US society system?

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Waiting for:

"The problem here is that kids these days can't defend themselves!  The only thing that will stop a bad kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun."

Free gun with every school registration! Sign up early for the 2022 year and receive a bonus magazine!!

16 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

What will it take for so many millions of Americans to finally grasp that our Second Amendment was never intended to cause a firearm free for all

Exactly!  A vice president killing a founding father in a gun duel illustrates quite effectively the positive mindset surrounding firearms at the time.  They were responsible, they had honor, they had rules!   And they had class. . .not like today's kids.

image-placeholder-title.jpg